Did Jesus have to be made perfect by his suffering?

Lilstu

What about Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Or this one, where the Bible identifies the speaker as Jesus. Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Or here. Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting

And, if course here: Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

And: John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Are you willing to just discard the Scriptures I quoted?

Ben Masada

Jesus sacrificed his whole life to God, and he denied his flesh showing us a true example to follow, teaching us that we are to show love, mercy and forgiveness to everyone regardless of what they do to us. Jesus even prayed to God for those who scourged and crucified him asking God to forgive them. What a perfect example of love, mercy and forgiveness in action. Jesus couldn't be touched by Satan, he was too strong for him and he overcame his evil with love.

Jesus is the only way, the truth and he is the life. And his way is the true way we are to follow. Gods true church are a church not built by the hand of man, our foundation is Christ, we are the living stones that build it, and our mortar is love and we are all held together through Christ by the holy spirit, some may be stronger and others weaker but all those who truly follow Jesus, belong to the only one true God.

If jesus was such a paragon of love why would he hurt the Jewish authorities by addressing them as hypocrites and brood of vipers? (Mat. 23:13-33) Yeah, if Jesus was so perfect at loving why would he arm himself with a whip and cause financial and physical damages to the money changers in that area before the Temple, when he knew that they had the authorization of the High Priest to do their work to make it easier to the Jews coming from abroad to exchange their foreign money with the Temple shekel? To love one's neighbor as Jesus is still claimed to day to have, I am sure he could have less hostile options to deal with wrong behaviors in his opinion.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because if love is forgiving, I am sure he would have less hostile ways to deal with what he thought was a wrong doing.

During His ministry, it was the Father speaking and doing, and notice that if the Father was not in Jesus then He would have acted as He did in the OT, and would have just killed them outright for the sins they were doing as the OT shows.

It was very dangerous for men to approach God in the OT.

Num 3:4 And Nadab and Abihu died before the LORD, when they offered strange fire before the LORD, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children:
LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Scriptural Proof Jesus Is NOT God.
John 17:6-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

So as we can see, Jesus was GIVEN everything he had! This all included miracles, doctrine etc. Basically Jesus did not do anything of his own, he never performed a miracle by his own power, he was given the miracles. He never taught anything of his own, rather he was taught by God and spoke what God told him to speak.

John 7:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)
So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

John 8:26New American Standard Bible (NASB)
I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.”

John 14:24New American Standard Bible (NASB)
He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

So everything Jesus had was from God, from the Gospel to his miracles. God needs no one to give him power, God needs no one to tell him what to do, therefore Jesus is not God.

:chuckle: