• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Did modern humans and Neanderthals interbreed? No.

marke

Initial genetic studies reported that modern humans and Neanderthals did not interbreed, but so many secularists did not like that finding that they forced the scientific community to revise the finding to say such interbreeding may have occurred. Never mind the fact that had there been minimal interbreeding the irrefutable evidence would have been overwhelming today, not minimal. The evidence is not overwhelming and is far from irrefutable.

The relationship between Neanderthals and modern humans is contentious, but recent advances in Neanderthal genomics have shed new light on their evolutionary history. Here we review the available evidence and find no indication of any Neanderthal contribution to modern genetic diversity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is what they say, and they might be right. But, for some reason, Neanderthals did not intermingle DNA with other humans.

This is false.

DNA doesn't lie.

They are genetically closer to modern humans than two living chimps of the same species.

More recently, however, it was reported that Eurasians generally carry about 2 percent Neanderthal nuclear DNA, which suggests that modern humans and Neanderthals interbred and thus were not two different biological species, despite most classifications treating them as such.

marke

This is false.

DNA doesn't lie.

They are genetically closer to modern humans than two living chimps of the same species.

More recently, however, it was reported that Eurasians generally carry about 2 percent Neanderthal nuclear DNA, which suggests that modern humans and Neanderthals interbred and thus were not two different biological species, despite most classifications treating them as such.

Genetic similarity does not mean biological relatedness. Human and mice DNA is very similar, more similar than human and chimp DNA by some standards.

marke

Trust me. Read the book
I cannot completely agree with any speculation about humans before the flood since the Bible says the sons of God married the daughters of men, throwing unknowns into the mix about the offspring of such unions. I have opinions and those opinions may be in agreement with Cuozzo's but I cannot rely on opinions. Researchers reported in 2005 that they found evidence that Neanderthals and modern humans did not intermingle in the ancient past. I cannot prove that is true but I can accept it is true for myself personally.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Genetic similarity does not mean biological relatedness.

The point is that they DID interbreed, according to the evidence.

Human and mice DNA is very similar, more similar than human and chimp DNA by some standards.

To reiterate:

Neandertal DNA is closer to the DNA of modern humans than the DNA of two chimps is to each other's.

In other words, Neandertals are closer to being humans genetically than a chimp is to another chimp.

Humans and chimps are not related at all, because they were not made in God's image, we are. Neither were mice.

Last edited:

marke

The point is that they DID interbreed, according to the evidence.

To reiterate:

Neandertal DNA is closer to the DNA of modern humans than the DNA of two chimps is to each other's.

In other words, Neandertals are closer to being humans genetically than a chimp is to another chimp.

Humans and chimps are not related at all, because they were not made in God's image, we are. Neither were mice.
No, the evidence showed they did not interbreed yet secularists wrangled out the supposed science that they 'could have interbred,' which is indefinite.

Right Divider

Body part
No, the evidence showed they did not interbreed yet secularists wrangled out the supposed science that they 'could have interbred,' which is indefinite.
Your thread was silly from the start.
"Modern humans" breed with "modern humans". Neanderthals were humans. they bred with humans.
Since Neanderthals were humans, they could breed with "modern humans" if they were here today.

marke

"Modern humans" breed with "modern humans". Neanderthals were humans. they bred with humans.
Since Neanderthals were humans, they could breed with "modern humans" if they were here today.
I am not a biologist, but I can read. Here is one of dozens of articles I have on file:

Modern Humans Did Not Admix with Neanderthals during Their Range Expansion into Europe

marke

Here is another article:

Their results show that the genomes of modern humans and Neanderthals are at least 99.5-percent identical, but despite this genetic similarity, and despite the two species having cohabitated the same geographic region for thousands of years, there is no evidence of any significant crossbreeding between the two.

marke

Here is another article:

“The current state of our knowledge concerning Neanderthals and their relationship to modern humans is largely inference and speculation based on archaeological data and a limited number of hominid remains,” the authors state in their Science paper. “In this study, we have demonstrated that Neanderthal genomic sequences can be recovered using a metagenomic library-based approach, and that specific Neanderthal sequences can be obtained from such libraries.”

marke

Here is another:

No Evidence of Neandertal mtDNA Contribution to Early Modern Humans

marke

Here is another:

Neandertals, the archaic human form documented in Eurasia until 29,000 years ago, share no mitochondrial haplotype with modern Europeans. Whether this means that the two groups were reproductively isolated is controversial, and indeed nuclear data have been interpreted as suggesting that they admixed.

marke

Then you should read this:
Is Jack Cuozzo an anthropologist? Has he published research? I have more articles related to Neanderthals and the findings of biologists who have sequenced the Neanderthal genome. Most say the evidence of Neanderthal/modern human DNA admixture is slight to slim.