Did you ever have to show your marriage license?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chrys did that. He likes to derail stuff.
He is quite good at it.

Yeah, talking about marriage in a marriage thread is sure throwing things off track (shame on you Chrys!).

But we should get back to licenses.

I don't think the IRS requires documentation with an income tax filing.

(She's up to something). Not that I'm aware of.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I can't recall ever having to show my license as proof for anything. In fact I'm not even sure where to find the original anymore. I think it is in a file somewhere around here. But the point is that I have been involved in many transactions from taxes to mortgages and other legal situations without ever having to provide actual proof of my marriage by showing my license.

How did you get a new drivers license with your new name, or a social security card with your new name after marriage?

Insurance, etc?

Ive never heard of anyone being able to do those things without it.

Or did you keep your maiden or previous (if youd been married before) name?

Alate_One

Definitely had to show mine several times. I wish I hadn't changed my name since that seemed to be the main reason for needing it.

There was one time since my passport still had my old name I might not have been let back in the country without it!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How did you get a new drivers license with your new name, or a social security card with your new name after marriage?

Insurance, etc?

Ive never heard of anyone being able to do those things without it.

Or did you keep your maiden or previous (if youd been married before) name?

same here:thumb:

glassjester

I can't recall ever having to show my license as proof for anything. In fact I'm not even sure where to find the original anymore. I think it is in a file somewhere around here. But the point is that I have been involved in many transactions from taxes to mortgages and other legal situations without ever having to provide actual proof of my marriage by showing my license.

I've only needed it once, I think. We had to show it to the bank when we were buying our house.

My wife has had to show it many times though, to show that she's the same person she was before changing her name.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i have a very vague idea of where my wedding ring is

no clue at all where my marriage license/certificate/whatever the heck they call it here in new york

hard enough to keep track of my kids

truthjourney

I had to show my marriage license at the bank after my husband passed. I had to show it again when I renewed my driver's license recently.