Did you ever have to show your marriage license?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I can't recall ever having to show my license as proof for anything. In fact I'm not even sure where to find the original anymore. I think it is in a file somewhere around here. But the point is that I have been involved in many transactions from taxes to mortgages and other legal situations without ever having to provide actual proof of my marriage by showing my license.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i've had to show my fishing license and my hunting license

and my dog license

:think: never had to show my wife license, fur as I kin recall

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can't recall ever having to show my license as proof for anything. In fact I'm not even sure where to find the original anymore. I think it is in a file somewhere around here. But the point is that I have been involved in many transactions from taxes to mortgages and other legal situations without ever having to provide actual proof of my marriage by showing my license.

The only time I've ever had to show my marriage license was when I changed my driver's license to reflect my namechange and after my husband passed away to get his retirement.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Name of spouse" was on many documents that I've signed. If I had put a males name down as my "spouse", (prior to faux marriage being legalized here in WA State) the chances are that official documentation would have been requested.

You're up to something Judy, what is it?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Name of spouse" was on many documents that I've signed. If I had put a males name down as my "spouse", (prior to faux marriage being legalized here in WA State) the chances are that official documentation would have been requested.

You're up to something Judy, what is it?
Why do I have to be up to something?

I just find it rather ironic that there is so much havoc about a document that is seldom if ever needed once it is created. Heck, these days you can just photo shop one if needed and most would never question its veracity. :)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I just find it rather ironic that there is so much havoc about a document that is seldom if ever needed once it is created. Heck, these days you can just photo shop one if needed and most would never question its veracity. :)

it is very simple
it is all about approval
first you get the state to approve it
then
you get the church to approve it

kim is in jail because she wouldn't approve it

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
it is very simple
it is all about approval
first you get the state to approve it
then
you get the church to approve it

kim is in jail because she wouldn't approve it
no. kim is in jail because she chose poorly.
she chose contempt rather than resignation
now she can't even choose her own dinner menu
loser

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Because I know how you think.

It's interesting how this thread lead to you talking about the supposed justifiable incarceration of Rowan County Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I had to show my DL, marriage certificate and birth certificate in order to receive a new DL and social security card AFTER I was married.

That is why I kept my married name ... too much of a pain to change it back.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because I know how you think.

It's interesting how this thread lead to you talking about the supposed justifiable incarceration of Rowan County Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis.
Chrys did that. He likes to derail stuff.
He is quite good at it.

But we should get back to licenses.

I don't think the IRS requires documentation with an income tax filing.