• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Dinosaurs are fake and leads to atheism!

Skeeter

Banned
Evidence?

Evolution is denied by physics' laws. You can present all the evidence you like, but we are always justified in rejecting it without consideration.
Are you referring to entropy? It is at work. So, many species have gone extinct. Gravity is at work too, but I still can play catch with my son.

The earth's particular distance from the sun balances entropy to a degree. Other planets get a full wallop.

Derf

Are you referring to entropy? It is at work. So, many species have gone extinct. Gravity is at work too, but I still can play catch with my son.

The earth's particular distance from the sun balances entropy to a degree. Other planets get a full wallop.
Energy can't overcome entropy, but entropy will overcome energy.

Right Divider

Body part
Are you referring to entropy? It is at work. So, many species have gone extinct.
Just exactly how does "entropy" cause extinction?
The reason that life exists is because it was created with mechanisms already in place to work again entropy.
Entropy works against "evolution" (the silly ideas that life came from non-life by "natural" causes and that all life shares a single common ancestor).
Gravity is at work too, but I still can play catch with my son.
Irrelevant to the topic.
The earth's particular distance from the sun balances entropy to a degree.
No, the earths "distance from the sun" does not "balance entropy".
The already existing mechanisms built into living creatures is what "balances entropy".
Other planets get a full wallop.
Again... irrelevant to "evolution".

Skeeter

Banned
Just exactly how does "entropy" cause extinction?
The order ie reproduction cycle breaks down overtime due to random and non-random factors.

Skeeter:
Gravity is at work too. I can still play catch with my son.

Irrelevant to the topic.
It is a perfectly relevant comparison. I am demonstrating that Derf is applying a general truth too harshly. Entropy is to gravity as evolution occurring is to playing catch with my son.

No, the earths "distance from the sun" does not "balance entropy".
I am referring to the "goldie locks" conditions on earth that make life possible. This is referred to in Xtian apologetics as fine-tuning. There are many unique physical conditions. I am keeping it simple by just mentioning temperature.

Right Divider

Body part
That's correct! And you are focusing more than energy into your lawn. You are also reversing entropy of your lawn with order, as sentient beings have the power to do.
The same is true for living creatures. They already have mechanisms built into their cells that allow them to work against nature (i.e., entropy).

Right Divider

Body part
The order ie reproduction cycle breaks down overtime due to random and non-random factors.
So the opposite of "evolution"... that's true.
It is a perfectly relevant comparison. I am demonstrating that Derf is applying a general truth too harshly. Entropy is to gravity as evolution occurring is to playing catch with my son.
Nope.
I am referring to the "goldie locks" conditions on earth that make life possible. This is referred to in Xtian apologetics as fine-tuning. There are many unique physical conditions. I am keeping it simple by just mentioning temperature.
Indeed... there are many things in the universe that appear to be finely tuned (i.e., designed)

Skeeter

Banned
That's correct! And you are focusing more than energy into your lawn. You are also reversing entropy of your lawn with order, as sentient beings have the power to do.
Thank you for understanding the reference. It is true that sentient beings can reduce entropy, but so can non-sentient beings and dynamic physical processes. The latter does so less efficiently and more slowly but they do it none-the-less.

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you for understanding the reference. It is true that sentient beings can reduce entropy, but so can non-sentient beings and dynamic physical processes. The latter does so less efficiently and more slowly but they do it none-the-less.
Dreaming.... all you're doing is dreaming.

There are no known "dynamic physical processes" that create life from non-life or turn single celled creatures into men.

Skeeter

Banned
Dreaming.... all you're doing is dreaming.

There are no known "dynamic physical processes" that create life from non-life or turn single celled creatures into men.
There are such processes that influence natural selection. I think you have heard of weather. Continental shift both imposed order and contributed to diversity.

Derf

You mean like a bird building a nest, or a beaver building a dam? Of course! And how do they know how to do that?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you referring to entropy?

Sure.

It is at work. So, many species have gone extinct. Gravity is at work too, but I still can play catch with my son.

I don't know what that means.

I don't know what this means, either.

Do you know what entropy is?