Dispensationaism Proven.

glorydaz

He was well aware of the post he has been posting relentlessly in this thread.

Oh, you think he has read every single post of yours? Clearly he missed this one where you admitted you've reregistered under a different user name.

Jerry I am not mistaken. You have been bewitched, hoodwinked, bamboozled. I have answered these questions well enough for you to know the truth if you want to know it. I won't talk in circles if the Holy Spirit doesn't authorize it. I have been here many times over the years and you have read my answers long before I reregistered.

He wouldn't have said this....if he knew.

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
How much you want to bet this is isn't his first username.

No, you assume we're all hanging on your every word. Get a grip man.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry I am not mistaken. You have been bewitched, hoodwinked, bamboozled. I have answered these questions well enough for you to know the truth if you want to know it. I won't talk in circles if the Holy Spirit doesn't authorize it. I have been here many times over the years and you have read my answers long before I reregistered.

The Holy Spirit told me that He did authorize it. So why do you keep running and hiding from my questions?

Do you really think your refusal helps your credibility on this issue? I answered your question but you refuse to answer mine.

genuineoriginal

The Mosaic Covenant was indeed a dispensation and it only applied to the nation of Israel. The stewardship responsiblity is stated here:

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation" (Ex.19:5-6).​
If it only applied to the nation of Israel, then it really isn't a "dispensation".
Where do get that idea? Give me the evidence from the Scriptures that you can quote to support that idea.
Where did you get the strange idea that it is?
Hi [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION]
You still haven't shown how the covenant that God made with the children of Israel fits into a definition of Dispensation that is imposed upon all of humanity for a specific period of time.

Jerry Shugart

Hi [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION]
You still haven't shown how the covenant that God made with the children of Israel fits into a definition of Dispensation that is imposed upon all of humanity for a specific period of time.

The Mosaic Covenant was only given to the children of Israel (Ro.2:14) and it was composed of three parts. First was the "Ten Commandments", which is an expression of the righteous will of God. Next were the "ordinances". Once an Israelite sinned, he was declared "blameless" if he brought the required offering and took part in the ordinances of "atonement." Lastly, there were the "judgments", which governed the social life of Israel.

On the other hand, the nation of Israel was given a dispensation (specifically a stewardship) and if those who made up that nation kept that covenant then they would be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation:

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation" (Ex.19:5).​

Jerry Shugart

Yes, therefore it is not a Dispensation.

If Israel would have kept the Mosaic Covenant then she have been been a kingdom of Priests and the LORD's agent on the earth for bringing the other nations to the knowledge of the LORD:

"And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed" (Isa.61:8-9).​

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:5).​

genuineoriginal

If Israel would have kept the Mosaic Covenant then she have been been a kingdom of Priests and the LORD's agent on the earth for bringing the other nations to the knowledge of the LORD:

"And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed" (Isa.61:8-9).​

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:5).​

Yes, but that does not make it a "Dispensation" as the word is used by Dispensationalists when talking about the "Dispensation of Law" vs. the "Dispensation of Grace".

Jerry Shugart

Yes, but that does not make it a "Dispensation" as the word is used by Dispensationalists when talking about the "Dispensation of Law" vs. the "Dispensation of Grace".

Then tell me how those dispensationalists talk about those two dispensations and in what way are their ideas different from mine.

genuineoriginal

Then tell me how those dispensationalists talk about those two dispensations and in what way are their ideas different from mine.
Dispensationalists talk about dispensations as if this is the way God is relating to ALL mankind during a particular time period of history.

In theology, one meaning of the term dispensation is as a distinctive arrangement or period in history that forms the framework through which God relates to mankind.

Dispensationalists split Biblical history however they want, but call each split a "Dispensation"

What is dispensationalism?

Dispensationalism is an approach to biblical interpretation which states that God uses different means of working with people (Israel and the Church) during different periods of history, usually seven chronologically successive periods. However, the dispensational division of history varies among its adherents from three periods, to four, seven, and eight dispensations. Seven is the most common.

1. Innocence (Genesis 1 -3) - Adam and Eve before they sinned
  2. Conscience (Genesis 3-8) - First sin to the flood
  3. Civil Government (Genesis 9-11) - After the flood, government
  4. Promise (Genesis 12-Ex. 19) - Abraham to Moses, the Law is given
  5. Law (Exodus 20 - Acts 2:4) - Moses to the cross
  6. Grace (Acts 2:4 - Revelation 20:3) - Cross to the millennial kingdom
  7. Millennial Kingdom (Rev. 20:4-6) – The rule of Christ on earth in the millennial kingdom

Of the dispensations, all of them deal with all of mankind with the exceptions of the "dispensation of promise" and the "dispensation of law" which deal with a particular family and nation.

Why do dispensationalists ignore the fact that only Abraham and his descendants are under the "dispensation of promise"?
Why do dispensationalists ignore the fact that only the children of Israel are under the "dispensation of law"?

Because they don't like to be bothered by facts.

genuineoriginal

Whoever taught you that was lying to you.
Yes, the people that taught Dispensationalism in the churches I went to were lying to me, but that is only because they were lying to themselves about Dispensationalism.
Nope. You've got these last two wrong.
It is not my list, but that doesn't matter because they are all wrong.
We don't.
Sure you do.
All Dispensationalists try to make the covenant God made with the children of Israel (and no one else) into a "Dispensation of Law".

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thread moved to the Back Alley. There is too much fighting in it to keep it on front of the forum.