Do Atheist Really Exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps82

Fortunately, the burden of proof does not lie on my shoulders. You are the one who claims that there is some supernatural Creator despite not having physical evidence for its existence.

Who made that a law? You're the one who claims there is not a god. I think it should be easy to prove that God did not exist - if he didn't.

However, non-believers find it hard to prove that HE IS NOT.
It is just like you cannot prove that you ARE NOT ...
Why?
Because YOU ARE, so it can't be denied.
Well, God is ... and that is why you cannot prove that HE is NOT.

I guess atheists just find it really hard to believe that they are of any real significance... other than a puff of dust for a moment in the sun... and they transfer their anger by saying that God does not exist.

Christians have lots more evidence that God does exist and the only thing an atheist can do is this:

With their own minds they just deny deny deny. That just too easy! I don't think you even deserve any credit for coming up with your theory about a non-existing God... for your theory is based on nothing.

My opinion is that it would be a sad life not to be a believer. Sad to believe that you are a mere puff of dust for a moment. Why don't you cheer up and try being a believer saved for eternity IN CHRIST?

Ps82

If you want intellectual stimulation, you go to adversarial situations.

A thousand yes-men won't explain to me the other point of view.

You know what? That's fine with me... now you certainly may go join your fellow non believers on another board ...

Unless you just find believers more interesting.

What is it Icilian ... are we more interesting to you or more fun to mock?

Ps82

If you want intellectual stimulation, you go to adversarial situations.

A thousand yes-men won't explain to me the other point of view.

Well, on behalf of all believers posting here I will say thanks for the compliment. I am glad that you find us stimulating. Most atheists I've talked to in the past have said that they find us humorous. It is refreshing to hear another perspective.

I wonder why our beliefs are so stimulating to you? Could it be that the real God is calling to you?

icilian fenner

You know what? That's fine with me... now you certainly may go join your fellow non believers on another board ...

Unless you just find believers more interesting.

What is it Icilian ... are we more interesting to you or more fun to mock?

More interesting. What about my answer didn't you understand - I want debate in which I encounter opposing points of view. Why on earth would I want to discuss things relating to religious belief with people who agree with me already? I don't need a pat on the back about how right I am - that's not near so useful to me as opposition.

I'm not about to hang out with people and discuss how little we believe. I've learnt more on TOL about critical thinking (go on, fundies, rib away about how I'm not applying it ;)) over the past couple of years than anywhere.

TOL is a good pass-time for me. Just hasn't brought me any closer to God. That does not = mocking.

Ps82

Hi Icilianfenner,
You asked:
More interesting. What about my answer didn't you understand

While trying to play catch-up with replies... I replied to one of your posts before I read your last one for me.

You said:
I want debate in which I encounter opposing points of view. Why on earth would I want to discuss things relating to religious belief with people who agree with me already? I don't need a pat on the back about how right I am - that's not near so useful to me as opposition.

So, I was right you are seeking God and perhaps not coming to mock Christians?

TOL is a good pass-time for me. Just hasn't brought me any closer to God. That does not = mocking.

These are fair answers ... I'll will read further posts by you with interest.

icilian fenner

Hi Icilianfenner,
You asked:

While trying to play catch-up with replies... I replied to one of your posts before I read your last one for me.

So, I was right you are seeking God and perhaps not coming to mock Christians?

I think, personally, that this is a bit of a false dicotomy - I only want to believe in what is true. If God exists, then I want to know - but I'm not looking to believe untill I am convinced. I come here more because it exposes me to the thought that lies behind what motivates and what logic is behind people who have vastly different world views to my own. I want to find out what makes people tick, and learn more about myself and the world as i do it..

I have mocked people before, but that was not because of their christianity, more because of their cookiness - see Just Tom par example.
These are fair answers ... I'll will read further posts by you with interest.

:D Hope they live up to your expecations.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Athiest exist, I'm one.

I don't believe a creator exists. I can say with the same certainty that santa does not exist that I have enough evidence not only to say "I don't believe in God" but to say "I believe there is no God"

I think all religions have something to offer, but answers on the real genesis of life and indeed it's meaning are not among them.

Ps82

Athiest exist, I'm one.

I don't believe a creator exists. I can say with the same certainty that santa does not exist that I have enough evidence not only to say "I don't believe in God" but to say "I believe there is no God"

I think all religions have something to offer, but answers on the real genesis of life and indeed it's meaning are not among them.

I'd like to hear your explanations of there being no God. Some proof, please.

Last edited:

Coteaz

Who made that a law? You're the one who claims there is not a god. I think it should be easy to prove that God did not exist - if he didn't.
I only live as though gods do not exist, due to a complete lack of reliable evidence. I have never claimed to 'know' that such beings are nonexistent.

However, non-believers find it hard to prove that HE IS NOT.
It is just like you cannot prove that you ARE NOT ...
Why?
Because YOU ARE, so it can't be denied.
Well, God is ... and that is why you cannot prove that HE is NOT.
Likewise, believers find it hard to prove that HE IS.

I guess atheists just find it really hard to believe that they are of any real significance... other than a puff of dust for a moment in the sun... and they transfer their anger by saying that God does not exist.
Only the truly arrogant believe themselves to be something more than an insignificant speck in the universe. Do you know how pathetically small our planet is when compared to the rest of space?

Christians have lots more evidence that God does exist
You have a book. Wow.

Scientology has a book, too.

and the only thing an atheist can do is this:

With their own minds they just deny deny deny. That just too easy! I don't think you even deserve any credit for coming up with your theory about a non-existing God... for your theory is based on nothing.
Likewise, you simply believe, believe, believe. Any doubts floating around with all of that blind faith?

My opinion is that it would be a sad life not to be a believer. Sad to believe that you are a mere puff of dust for a moment. Why don't you cheer up and try being a believer saved for eternity IN CHRIST?
I'd rather not waste my life devoting myself to a highly improbable religion. I have better things to do.

Ps82

Hi Coteaz,

You said:
I'd rather not waste my life devoting myself to a highly improbable religion. I have better things to do.

So, why are you here wasting your life?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The better question might be really doubting that people exist who think talking snakes, levitating deities, resurrected dead men, and non-existent history are all things to take on faith.

Ps82

Entertainment. I enjoy discussing/debating issues with others, especially those who have radically different views than I do.

Hmmm... I think I've just recently heard that answer already. What a safe response! I guess atheists have learned something by coming to Christian boards after all.

I can remember the day when many of them gloated about how much fund they got by annoying believers. Because of this, I find it hard to trust atheists. I guess I will see over time whether things have really changed on TOL.

See you around so to speak. :wave2:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hmmm... I think I've just recently heard that answer already. What a safe response! I guess atheists have learned something by coming to Christian boards after all.

I can remember the day when many of them gloated about how much fund they got by annoying believers. Because of this, I find it hard to trust atheists. I guess I will see over time whether things have really changed on TOL.

See you around so to speak. :wave2:

"How much fund"? Is there a heathen IRA I'm not aware of?:think:

Ps82

"How much fund"? Is there a heathen IRA I'm not aware of?:think:

Now, wouldn't that be interesting if atheists had gotten funds for ridiculing us? :ha:

I guess you have the intellect to realize I made a typing error... if not I've explained - fun instead of fund. Sorry. :D

Coteaz

I've always posted online for that reason, no matter the forum. Don't think so highly of yourself or your religion - I certainly haven't been humbled by the Power of Holiness that you think radiates from this board.

Trust me, I am very entertained by fundies' raging replies to some of my harsher posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.