Do You Have the "Bridal Dance"?

Daniel1611

Someone told me the Bridal dance at weddings is a western PA thing. Since TOL has a wide geographical distribution, I wanted to ask here. Do you do the Bridal dance at weddings in your region?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I wasn't sure either.
If it just the dance between bride and groom?
Or is it the dance where others give money to dance with the bride?

Is he talking about a wedding reception or wedding, ive never heard of dancing at the actual wedding or a special bridal dance.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like the dude doing backflips who clocked the maid in the head with his foot?

Daniel1611

Have no clue what you are talking about.

It's at the reception actually. Guests form a line and wait their turn to dance with the bride. When it's your turn you will put money in a bag (usually held by the made of honor.). Usually a few dollars. Then you dance with the bride briefly. Usually just a few seconds. Then the groom or other designated person will give you a jello shot or shot of some other alcohol like Apple Pucker or something.

After everyone's had a turn, the groomsmen surround the bride and the groom must wrestle his way to the bride while the guests laugh and cheer him on.

This has been done at every wedding I've ever been to. I thought everyone did it, but I have heard it's a western PA thing mostly. Probably of Polish origin.

Daniel1611

It's at the reception actually. Guests form a line and wait their turn to dance with the bride. When it's your turn you will put money in a bag (usually held by the made of honor.) Usually a few dollars. Then you dance with the bride briefly. Usually just a few seconds. Then the groom or other designated person will give you a jello shot or shot of some other alcohol like Apple Pucker or something.

After everyone's had a turn, the groomsmen surround the bride and the groom must wrestle his way to the bride while the guests laugh and cheer him on.

This has been done at every wedding I've ever been to. I thought everyone did it, but I have heard it's a western PA thing mostly. Probably of Polish origin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's at the reception actually. Guests form a line and wait their turn to dance with the bride. When it's your turn you will put money in a bag (usually held by the made of honor.). Usually a few dollars. Then you dance with the bride briefly. Usually just a few seconds. Then the groom or other designated person will give you a jello shot or shot of some other alcohol like Apple Pucker or something.

Must be, ive never heard of anything like that.

brinny

Someone told me the Bridal dance at weddings is a western PA thing. Since TOL has a wide geographical distribution, I wanted to ask here. Do you do the Bridal dance at weddings in your region?

This one?
4chsmu1.gif

Wedding Dance