Does bob b believe supernatural/paranormal events occur today?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Well, does he?

It's a simple, straightforward question, calling for a simple, straightforward "yes" or "no" as an answer.

No qualifiers, no equivocations, just a "yes" or a "no".

I'm not asking if he believes they can happen, I'm asking if he believes they do happen.

Thanks much!

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Real Sorceror said:
Just curious, but could you give us an example of a current supernatural event? :think:

I was requested to answer yes or no.

If a lawyer asked me if I had stopped beating my wife, answer yes or no, I would prefer to say yes than no.

In the same way here I answered the question yes, without qualifying it that I believe God is fully capable of performing miracles today without necessarily revealing that He has done so.

Frankly I think most of His activity today is in "inspiring" His servants (and in some cases His enemies) to carry out actions which will lead to certain results He desires.
Sort of like putting the correct "English" on that pinball shot. ;)

But of course that is only a guess.

Real Sorceror

bob b said:

If a lawyer asked me if I had stopped beating my wife, answer yes or no, I would prefer to say yes than no.
Ya, I hate those kinds of questions. My brother's favorite is to ask something like, "Does your mom know you're gay?". :chuckle:
In the same way here I answered the question yes, without qualifying it that I believe God is fully capable of performing miracles today without necessarily revealing that He has done so.
Well, I hope you noticed that I am not Gerald, and that I have started a seperate line of inquiry from his. :)
Frankly I think most of His activity today is in "inspiring" His servants (and in some cases His enemies) to carry out actions which will lead to certain results He desires.

Ya, I think I can agree with that. :think:

Dominic

BANNED
Banned
Fatima is one for all of you to read about.

It took place on October 13, 1917.

What makes this the most impressive miracle since the Resurrection is that it was predicted in advance, about 4-5 months in advance.

Second, It was witnessed by 70,000 people.

The witnesses included many Catholics but a huge number of atheists, communists and protestants.

The number who converted to Catholicism :king: based on this event, is thought to be in the thousands.

The communist owned newspaper in Lisbon, Portugal reported on this event October 18,1917, they termed it a miracle.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
bob b said:

Excellent answer!

Sozo

Dominic said:
Fatima is one for all of you to read about.

It took place on October 13, 1917.

What makes this the most impressive miracle since the Resurrection is that it was predicted in advance, about 4-5 months in advance.

Second, It was witnessed by 70,000 people.

The witnesses included many Catholics but a huge number of atheists, communists and protestants.

The number who converted to Catholicism :king: based on this event, is thought to be in the thousands.

The communist owned newspaper in Lisbon, Portugal reported on this event October 18,1917, they termed it a miracle.

:troll:

Are you going to :spam: every thread with posts about Fatima?

Punisher1984

1. What is this "Fatima?"

2. If so many people saw this event you elude to and it was so well publicized, why won't you tell us what it is? Are you afraid that we aren't familiar with this well publicized event?

On Fire

bob b said:

Brilliant.

Granite

Hall of Fame
bob b said:

So he's fully capable yet you can't provide a single example of him doing anything miraculous these days. Interesting.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
From parting seas, immobilizing the sun and raising the dead to "inspiration", to "english on that pinball shot".

As our detection and analytical technology advances, supernatural/paranormal/divine activities seem to become more and more subtle and difficult to verify.

One of two conclusions may be drawn from this: that whatever agent (or agents) responsible for such activities is actively trying to avoid detection...

...or such agents do not exist at all.

As for the "miracle" at Fatima: atmospheric dust combined with wishful thinking and staring at the sun. Simple explanation.

GuySmiley

Real Sorceror said:
Ya, I hate those kinds of questions. My brother's favorite is to ask something like, "Does your mom know you're gay?". :chuckle:
Wasn't it determined in another thread a couple months ago that your brother was gay?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
GuySmiley said:
Sounds just like evolution!
Don't change the subject, you!

Either point me to a verifiable paranormal/supernatural/divine event that has occurred within the last 50 years or amscray! :sozo2: