Does everyone receive the same reward or punishment?

M

Man.0

Burning hell is the kind of thing men would conceive of, it's the kind of thing men do to one another. Considering that these same animalistic men think of God as one like themselves, they have concocted these despicable theories and ascribed them to God. It is no different than the ISIS kind of God.

I agree with you. The idea of a literal, unending hell, of fire and brimstone, is purely a carnal conception - conjured up by the wicked mind of man. If God thought it detestable and wicked when the Israelites offered sacrifices to Baal by burning their own children in fire (Jeremiah 7:31; Jeremiah 19:5), how much more destestable to Him is the idea of Him burning His own creation, perpetually, without end, in the flames of fire?

Many Christians think Him to be evil, like the children-burning Israelites (much more so infact); for they believe that He will burn His own creation (who His own hands made) forever and forevermore in an eternal fire. Thus they blaspheme, by making God out to be a wicked, cruel, depraved, sinister monster. Furthermore, by ascribing the vile notion of hell, to God, declaring Him as the author of such a nefarious notion - they also make the pagan heathens to think He is wicked; thus causing these pagans to blaspheme the holy name of God (Isaiah 52:5 ; Romans 2:24).

RevTestament

The “least” refers to those who will be judged and cast out (13:30, 41, 42, 49, 50) while the “great” shall be included and rewarded (v. 43)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1400). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

I'm not sure what those highlighted numbers refer to. Obviously you do not equate the kingdom of heaven as being saved then.
How do you get into the kingdom of heaven and then cast out? Does everyone go to the kingdom of heaven before judgment day? If so, how come Revelation says death and hell shall give up their dead to be judged?
P.S. I prefer to use scripture and common sense over the opinions of men in commentaries and study Bibles.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[(13:30, 41, 42, 49, 50)] "I'm not sure what those highlighted numbers refer to."
Matthew 13:30, 41, 42, 49, 50

"How do you get into the kingdom of heaven and then cast out?"
Is the word working in you? 1 Thess. 2:13 Do you have fruits? Jas 2:18 Some go along for a while believing that they are Christians--they had shed a few crocodile tears, walked down an isle, signed a card, got baptized. :blabla: When tested many fall away. Have you been tested? How did you come out on the other side? As fool's gold :freak: or as gold? :king: 1 Pe 1:7 If one has a problem with assurance :listen: it's probably because he is not saved.

Entrance into his kingdom comes by repentance (Mt 3:2) and the new birth (Jn 3:1-8). Pray that the Lord does not pass you by (1 Thess. 2:12).

"Does everyone go to the kingdom of heaven before judgment day?"
Some will not die (1 Cor. 15:51; 1 Thess. 4:15, 17). :rapture: If you do not receive the kingdom like a child you will not enter it (Mt 13:44).

"If so, how come Revelation says death and hell shall give up their dead to be judged?"

These are the unrighteous dead. Choose him today. You may not get a tomorrow. 2 Co 6:2

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works [Rev. 20:12–13].

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne; and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them; and they were judged every one according to their works.

Yes, my friend, you will be able to get a fair trial there. Your life is on tape, and Christ happens to have the tape. When He plays it back, you will be able to listen to it, and it is not going to sound good to you, by any means. Are you willing to stand before God and have Him play the tape of your life? I think He will have it on a television screen so that you can watch it, too. Do you think your life can stand the test? I do not know about you, but I could not make it. Thank God for His grace—“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God” (Eph. 2:8).

The dead are classified as the small and the great. They are all lost, for evidently some have their names written in the Book of Life. They had never turned to God for salvation. The Lord Jesus said that in His generation “… ye will not come to me, that ye might have life” (John 5:40). These folk standing before His throne had not come.

These are books which record the works of all individuals. God keeps the tapes, and He will play them at the right time. There will be a lot of politicians who will have their tapes played in that day, and there will be a lot of public figures—even preachers—who will have their tapes played in that day, and they are not going to be happy about it. If you are saved, you are going to be happy about it. If you are saved, you are not going to stand before this judgment. Your works are to be judged as a child of God at the judgment seat of Christ, which will be for the purpose of rewards (see 2 Cor. 5:10). The Great White Throne judgment is the judgment of the lost. Multitudes want to be judged according to their works. This is their opportunity. The judgment is just, but no one is saved by works.

“And the sea gave up the dead that were in it.” Multitudes who have gone to a watery grave in which the chemicals of their bodies have been dissolved in the waters of the sea will be raised. God will have no problem with this. After all, they are only atoms. He just has to put them together again. He did it once; He can do it again. The graves on earth will give up their bodies; and hades, the place where the spirits of the lost go, will disgorge for this judgment." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophecy (Revelation 14-22) (electronic ed., Vol. 60, pp. 157–158). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

See:

Mormonism