Duder's POTD 2/23/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duder

Over 750 post club
Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer:Post #22 of 30
...I'm often at odds with many "regulars" that post here; I agree with C.S. Lewis who felt a perfect "Christian" society would have both right (conservative) and left (liberal) ways of thinking sprinkled throughout it...

I have always felt that the "right" and the "left" may well be on the opposite side of the abortion issue than what their core beliefs would traditionally dictate....

One good side of "liberal thought" has always been a sympathy for the poor, the downtrodden, the helpless, the weakest in society while "conservative" thought often embraces a free market, "only the strong survive" economic mindset which often puts the needs of the poor and the helpless on the back burner....

That being said, is it not obvious that the so-called liberal "pro-choice" opinion has completely dropped the ball here...

Interesting to me that any creationism theory in schools is prohibited and ballyhooed as some fairy tale while regarding evolutionary theory as hard truth and as factual as other proven scientific phenomena; now attempt to incorporate scientific advances in pre-natal science showing how quickly a developing child becomes unique and special and watch how quickly the liberal elite who worship at their own altar of science shove said advances under the rug....

"A Women's Choice!", "A Women's Choice!" "A Women's Right to Choose"...pro-choice thought takes to the streets and airwaves on a daily basis with this "trained-ape" mindset of a mantra, and you know, I agree you're doing the smart thing here because it's your ONLY hope in deflecting the truth in all this...

Is it an oft-repeated "oh, the biological ties that bind women" sort of thing working here? I don't know, last time I looked women statistically out live men by around SEVEN years; it appears biological ties bind us all in some respect.

Is it vitally important that women be allowed to use abortion as a form of birth control because you simply don't have the time to bring a life into the world??... or do you want to have the right to choose to be a selfish sexual being who plans out the potential consequences of your actions like some carbon-based thumb tack!!!???

Two co-workers recently told me that the smiling face in the womb that can now be seen thru the advancements of science is not a "social smile"; still another told me that some clouds in the sky have "smiles"?? You know, I would agree with this as a new born baby in it's mother's arms is not exhibiting a "social smile" either is it?

Still another excuse is the old back alley coat hanger theory. Question: Is it safer to have a medical doctor perform an abortion on a women than to attempt for a women to do it herself? Answer: Yes, but do two wrongs make a right...

No "pro-choicer" wants to talk about the abortion itself; no one wants to see one. It is now a fact that many young lives can be seen fighting off the needle or forecepts or writhing as (I don't know is it some hot saline solution?) they are being slaughtered.

PLAIN and SIMPLE a life is being taken.

But hey, it's a women's right to choose, a women's right to choose, a women's right to choose...a wom--------

By supporting a women's right to do with her body whatever she darn well pleases and turning your collective backs on THE MOST helpless individuals in our society, liberal thinking has truely taken on the "nazi" mentality in all this that they would so often label their conservative counterparts and have figuratively, as a whole, dropped your skirts and pants and defecated all over your liberal core values....

For the number of good things out there that liberal thought has achieved over the years my hats off to you but you've sure dropped the ball on the abortion issue and it is something you must live with...

One of the best examples of fair and even-handed writing to appear in TOL. Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.