ECT Emotion

popsthebuilder

If one has no emotion whatsoever then they have no conscience. If they have no conscience then their conscience is seared, closed off and shut up. If your conscience is seared then your heart has been hardened by GOD, and you should really really work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Feel free to refute what I say, by all means. But be prepared to support your opinion with scripture. I, in turn, will do the same. May we edifying one another in peacable, truthful conversation.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

Weeping and gnashing of teeth is an emotional experience that you face. From which there is no respite in the eternal abyss.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

In any given situation, you have to ask yourself ...... What time is it?

Truster

Since you AINT God you do not get to make that call !

We* are told to judge all things. We judge between true and false brothers, teachers, doctrines and the like. If we weren't supposed to judge then why did Messiah commend the Ephesians for judging the apostles to be false? Rhetorical?

We* The regenerate who have the Mind of Messiah.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If one has no emotion whatsoever then they have no conscience.
I think that broadburshes a bit too much.

Folks with ASD are very analytical with little emotion. To try and fit it a little better with society, they learn to mimic emotional responses that they have learned society expects in certain situations.

While that may seem like a handicap, it is needed at times to suppress emotions and just give assessment of the facts.
(Joe Friday - "Just the facts, maam".)

And on the other side of the spectrum ---- being too emotional can sometimes makes things worse.

So I'm not seeing how having no emotion can be proof one doesn't have a conscience.

And, BTW, I don't think there is a creature alive that does not have some form of emotions, no matter how infrequent they appear.
So in my estimation, a creature with no conscience does not exist.

Truster

If one has no emotion whatsoever then they have no conscience. If they have no conscience then their conscience is seared, closed off and shut up. If your conscience is seared then your heart has been hardened by GOD, and you should really really work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Feel free to refute what I say, by all means. But be prepared to support your opinion with scripture. I, in turn, will do the same. May we edifying one another in peacable, truthful conversation.

peace

Emotions are of the soulical attributes, while conscience is of the mental attributes and are of the spirit.

Neither of which have you engaged in posting this nonsense.

popsthebuilder

There are plenty of people who have a seared conscience and continue to have emotion. Your premise is false.

Nonsense.
I said having no emotion is indicative to having no conscience. Not visa versa. They are two wholly different statements.

peace

popsthebuilder

I think that broadburshes a bit too much.

Folks with ASD are very analytical with little emotion. To try and fit it a little better with society, they learn to mimic emotional responses that they have learned society expects in certain situations.

While that may seem like a handicap, it is needed at times to suppress emotions and just give assessment of the facts.
(Joe Friday - "Just the facts, maam".)

And on the other side of the spectrum ---- being too emotional can sometimes makes things worse.

So I'm not seeing how having no emotion can be proof one doesn't have a conscience.

And, BTW, I don't think there is a creature alive that does not have some form of emotions, no matter how infrequent they appear.
So in my estimation, a creature with no conscience does not exist.
I said no emotion whatsoever.

Not even referencing any variable or sliding scale that divides amounts of emotion and critical thought.

peace

popsthebuilder

Emotions are of the soulical attributes, while conscience is of the mental attributes and are of the spirit.

Neither of which have you engaged in posting this nonsense.

There are reactive emotions and causal emotions. There are idle thoughts and critical thought.

You seem to have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Surely you'll say it's just my inability to understand due to unregeneration.

Truster

There are reactive emotions and causal emotions. There are idle thoughts and critical thought.

You seem to have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Surely you'll say it's just my inability to understand due to unregeneration.

I didn't need to say it. You did that for me.

popsthebuilder

Name a couple of these folks.
Sociopaths. Psychopaths.

Emotional detachment can also be used to describe what is often considered "emotional numbing", "emotional blunting", i.e.,*dissociation,*depersonalization*or in its chronic form*depersonalization disorder. This type of emotional numbing or blunting is a disconnection from emotion, it is frequently used as a coping/ survival skill during traumatic childhood events such as abuse or severe neglect. Over time and with much use, this can become second nature when dealing with day to day stressors.

Emotional detachment often arises from*psychological trauma*and is a component in many*anxiety*and*stress*disorders. The person, while physically present, moves elsewhere in the mind, and in a sense is "not entirely present", making them sometimes appear preoccupied.

Thus, such detachment is often not as outwardly obvious as other*psychiatric*symptoms; people with this problem often have emotional systems that are in overdrive. They may have a hard time being a loving family member. They may avoid activities, places, and people associated with any traumatic events they have experienced. The dissociation can also lead to lack of attention and, hence, to memory problems and in extreme cases,*amnesia.

A fictional description of the experience of emotional detachment experienced with dissociation and depersonalization was given by Virginia Woolf in*Mrs Dalloway. In that novel the multifaceted sufferings of a war veteran, Septimus Warren Smith, with*post-traumatic stress disorder*(as this condition was later named) including dissociation, are elaborated in detail. One clinician has called some passages from the novel "classic" portrayals of the symptoms.[1]

There may be more than one reason to account for emotional detachment.

It is known that SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressants, after taken for a while or taken one after another (if the doctor is trying to see what works), can cause what is called "emotional blunting". In this instance, the individual in question is often unable to cry, even if he or she wants to.

In other cases, the person may seem fully present but operate merely intellectually when emotional connection would be appropriate. This may present an extreme difficulty in giving or receiving empathy and can be related to the spectrum of*narcissistic personality disorder.[2]

Emotional detachment also allows acts of extreme cruelty, such as*torture*and*abuse, supported by the decision to not connect empathically with the person concerned.*Social ostracism, such as*shunning*and*parental alienation, are other examples where decisions to shut out a person creates a psychological trauma for the shunned party.[3]

Apathy*is a lack of feeling, emotion, interest, and concern. Apathy is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as*concern,*excitement,*motivation, and/or*passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, spiritual, philosophical, and/or physical life and the world.

The apathetic may lack a sense of purpose, worth, or*meaning in their life. An apathetic person may also exhibit insensibility or sluggishness. In*positive psychology, apathy is described as a result of the individuals feeling they do not possess the level of skill required to confront a challenge (i.e. "Flow"). It may also be a result of perceiving no challenge at all (e.g. the challenge is irrelevant to them, or conversely, they have*learned helplessness). Apathy may be a sign of more specific mental problems such as*schizophrenia*or*dementia. However, apathy is something that all people face in some capacity. It is a natural response to disappointment, dejection, and stress. As a response, apathy is a way to forget about these negative feelings.[citation needed]*This type of common apathy is usually only felt in the short-term and when it becomes a long-term or even lifelong state is when deeper social and psychological issues are most likely present.

Apathy should be distinguished from*reduced affect, which refers to reduced*emotional expression*but not necessarily reduced emotion.

Do you deny that people suffer from these things?

Resources are from Wikipedia

peace

dodge

We* are told to judge all things. We judge between true and false brothers, teachers, doctrines and the like. If we weren't supposed to judge then why did Messiah commend the Ephesians for judging the apostles to be false? Rhetorical?

We* The regenerate who have the Mind of Messiah.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

NO person except God can judge or condemn another human being to hell,because that is not your responsibility that is God's alone.

Truster

NO person except God can judge or condemn another human being to hell,because that is not your responsibility that is God's alone.

I don't go to funerals because I hate the lies that are spoken about the dead. I speak the truth about the walking dead and your sensitivity to the truth won't prevent me.

I warn people about the path they are on and will continue to warn. Most people are in the broad way and it is obvious. Others are spiritually blind or hypocrites and that is also obvious.

Got a problem with that? Well I've got news for you. You are judging me. So shut it.