End of Roe Vs Wade?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
We'll see how this plays out in November... ...
It'll play out Republican.

Another impeachable offense for President Potato
You know, an impeachable offense is whatever a Congress decides is worth impeachment. And it's very good news and heartening that even when the Congress in this case pursues a witch hunt against a president (President Trump's first impeachment), even still justice prevails and it wasn't even close, when the matter was taken up by the Senate.

His second impeachment was close enough as far as I'm concerned, but the first one was (partisan Democratic) Congress crying wolf. Shame on them, hopefully explicitly, in history books, for decades.

But our constitution insulated the president from this vicious and irrational abuse of their power. They have the absolute power to impeach any president, vice president, senator, Supreme Court justice that they like, but even still President Trump was protected from this raving mob-rule error, by the constitution, that requires a simple majority of the two houses to agree to remove a politician (politicians being office holders). In neither of President Trump's two impeachments did they have the simple majority needed to remove him from office.

I know the Senate needs a super-majority to convict but where the House and Senate are considered to each have one effective vote in the removal process, you need both houses to agree, to get a simple majority of 2-to-0, which is the only simple majority possible with exactly two voters.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Maher: I Didn’t Know Until This Week That Many European Countries Have ‘Way More Restrictive’ Abortion Laws Than the U.S.

Restrictions, yes. Which is what most Americans support--legalized abortion with certain restrictions. Not "abortion on demand up to the 9th month."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You know, an impeachable offense is whatever a Congress decides is worth impeachment. And it's very good news and heartening that even when the Congress in this case pursues a witch hunt against a president (President Trump's first impeachment), even still justice prevails and it wasn't even close, when the matter was taken up by the Senate.

It wasn't "justice" that prevailed. It was merely a vote that fell largely along political lines, as expected.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Bill Maher is still an idiot. And typical of the ignorance of the left.

Maher: I Didn’t Know Until This Week That Many European Countries Have ‘Way More Restrictive’ Abortion Laws Than the U.S.​

You didn't know until last night that Elon Musk is a pro-abort. Typical of the ignorance of the right.

ok doser

Prowling the feminist subreddit, buried in post after post of whiny over privileged American liberal women who are being denied the right to act like whores without consequences, I find these two posts:

IMG_20220507_172113.jpg

Thanks Joe, you Filthy Rapist!

ok doser

Gillibrand: SCOTUS Justices Purposefully Misled the Senate in Confirmation Hearings​

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that if the Supreme Court justices who said they believed Roe v Wade was precedent during their confirmation hearings and are now poised to overturn it purposefully misled the Senate.
Gillibrand said, “Four justices in the last hearings I’ve witnessed have said that precedent matters and that precedent is the foundation of our legal system. And so if they just feel they can just up-end this precedent because they don’t like it today, well, that’s inconsistent with what they promised the judges – excuse me, what they promised the senators who voted for them. If you look at the statements of both Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski, they truly believe their statements were inconsistent with what they told them.”

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “You said the five supreme court justices lied in their confirmation hearings when they said Roe v. Wade was precedent. are you accusing them of committing perjury?”

Gillibrand said, “You know, I come at this issue from the perspective of a lawyer who worked in fraud all the time. Corporate fraud. If a corporation put these kinds of statements in their quarterly filings, they would be seen to be purposefully misleading and would be deemed fraud. So, I think all their statements should be looked at very, very carefully. I think they misled the Senate with the intention of getting their confirmation vote with the intention of overruling roe. And so, I’m very concerned these justices have crossed a line that no one believed would be crossed. That they would purposefully create the impression that they would not overrule settled precedent and that it was not only deserving of due weight and the importance of precedent but reaffirmed it deserves more weight and then go ahead and overturn it, especially with the reasoning that Justice Alito makes in his draft opinion.”

ok doser

Gillibrand is an idiot. I'm embarrassed that she represents my state.

Roe v Wade has never been "settled precedent". It has been disputed since day one.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Gillibrand is an idiot. I'm embarrassed that she represents my state.
We know it's all electioneering because we know the Legislature has the absolute power to impeach any Supreme Court justice. They're not doing that, therefore this is electioneering, there's no other option.

If they did impeach that obviously doesn't rule out that it's electioneering (witness President Trump's first impeachment) but without actual impeachment it is 100% definitely just electioneering.
Roe v Wade has never been "settled precedent". It has been disputed since day one.
It's settled, but so was Dred Scott. That has nothing to do with anything. More electioneering.

Derf

And, it's nuanced:

Nuance is hardly justification for murder. Nor does it alleviate guilt of a nation.
Jeremiah 32:29 (KJV) And the Chaldeans, that fight against this city, shall come and set fire on this city, and burn it with the houses, upon whose roofs they have offered incense unto Baal, and poured out drink offerings unto other gods, to provoke me to anger.

Jeremiah 32:35 (KJV) And they built the high places of Baal, which [are] in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Gary K

Banned
Nuance is hardly justification for murder. Nor does it alleviate guilt of a nation.
Jeremiah 32:29 (KJV) And the Chaldeans, that fight against this city, shall come and set fire on this city, and burn it with the houses, upon whose roofs they have offered incense unto Baal, and poured out drink offerings unto other gods, to provoke me to anger.

Jeremiah 32:35 (KJV) And they built the high places of Baal, which [are] in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Jeremiah 5:1 Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.
2 And though they say, The Lord liveth; surely they swear falsely.
3 O Lord, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.
4 Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the Lord, nor the judgment of their God.

God did not pardon Jerusalem so what is the only conclusion to be drawn? There were no honest people there for only honest people seek the truth.