End of Roe Vs Wade?

Derf

A crushingly restrictive abortion ban with no exceptions for circumstances of rape or incest failed in the South Carolina Senate on Thursday after a Republican member threatened to filibuster the bill:

Such is killing the Republican Party. Not that they weren't already culpable for the abortion deaths due to wicked judges that legalized it nationally in the first place. But Trump showed a bit of repentance, which might actually slow down God's impending acts of justice.

The wording is odd, considering the available methods of abortion: "crushingly restrictive", meant to restrict crushing those made in the image of God to death.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Lindsey Graham’s anti-abortion legislation once unified the Republican Party. The 15-week abortion ban he pitched Tuesday had the exact opposite effect.

The South Carolina senator chose a uniquely tense moment to unveil his party’s first bill limiting abortion access since this summer’s watershed reversal of Roe v. Wade. It was designed as a nod to anti-abortion activists who have never felt more emboldened. Yet Graham’s bill also attempted to skate past a Republican Party that’s divided over whether Congress should even be legislating on abortion after the Supreme Court struck down a nationwide right to terminate pregnancies.

And some fellow Republicans said they were highly perplexed at Graham’s decision to introduce a new abortion ban — more conservative than his previous proposals — at a precarious moment for the party.

“I don’t think there’s an appetite for a national platform here. My state, today, is working on this. I’m not sure what he’s thinking here. But I don’t think there will be a rallying around that concept,” said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.). “I don’t think there’s much of an appetite to go that direction.”

marke

Lindsey Graham’s anti-abortion legislation once unified the Republican Party. The 15-week abortion ban he pitched Tuesday had the exact opposite effect.

The South Carolina senator chose a uniquely tense moment to unveil his party’s first bill limiting abortion access since this summer’s watershed reversal of Roe v. Wade. It was designed as a nod to anti-abortion activists who have never felt more emboldened. Yet Graham’s bill also attempted to skate past a Republican Party that’s divided over whether Congress should even be legislating on abortion after the Supreme Court struck down a nationwide right to terminate pregnancies.

And some fellow Republicans said they were highly perplexed at Graham’s decision to introduce a new abortion ban — more conservative than his previous proposals — at a precarious moment for the party.

“I don’t think there’s an appetite for a national platform here. My state, today, is working on this. I’m not sure what he’s thinking here. But I don’t think there will be a rallying around that concept,” said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.). “I don’t think there’s much of an appetite to go that direction.”

Nobody should compromise on abortion if it means innocent unborn babies will be murdered by abortion.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Nobody should compromise on abortion if it means innocent unborn babies will be murdered by abortion.
Republicans compromise on abortion all the time. They can't help themselves. It's just what they do. But you'll keep voting for them, right?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Longtime Republican dirty trickster Roger Stone on Tuesday evening accused GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina of helping Democrats hold control of the U.S. Senate during the 2022 midterms.

"Willful sabotage," Stone posted to Donald Trump's Truth Social website.

"The states must decide whether to regulate or ban abortion," Stone declared after Graham vowed a vote on a nationwide, 15-week abortion ban.

Stone has long been in favor of abortion rights.

Roger Stone told the newspaper, ''I think you can be pro-choice and respect life,'' he said. ''I think that reflects the view of most Republicans. And I believe this is a clear issue of government interference into our private lives. As far as I'm concerned, that's basic, Barry Goldwater conservatism.''

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
At a time when some Republican candidates in swing states are softening their anti-abortion rhetoric and fear that the overturning of Roe v. Wade will help their Democratic opponents, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has proposed a federal anti-abortion law. Graham’s bill, unveiled on Tuesday, September 13, proposes a national abortion ban not long after a pregnancy’s first trimester. This is, according to Graham’s critics, a total flip flop from what Graham was saying earlier this year, when the Republican senator applauded the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization as a victory for states’ rights.

The federal government, Graham previously said, needs to stay out of abortion and leave it up to the individual states. Now, he is pushing an anti-abortion law at the federal level. Graham’s bill isn’t as extreme as what many MAGA Republicans have been proposing at the state level, including banning abortion from the moment of conception even in cases of rape or incest and even if the woman’s life is in danger. But it is, Graham’s critics are saying, a flip flop from what he said earlier this year.

“At a moment when Republican candidates are furiously scrubbing evidence of their extreme anti-abortion views from their websites, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.) has underscored the determination of Republicans to enact a regime of forced birth throughout the United States,” Rubin explains. “Graham introduced a bill on Tuesday — just eight weeks before Election Day — that would impose a nationwide abortion ban after 15 weeks of pregnancy, barely into the second trimester. While he provides an exception in cases where the pregnancy would kill the woman, he provides no other exceptions to protect the health of women. Given the overwhelming popularity of the pro-choice position — even in red states such as Kansas — the proposal is a gift to Democrats.”

marke

At a time when some Republican candidates in swing states are softening their anti-abortion rhetoric and fear that the overturning of Roe v. Wade will help their Democratic opponents, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has proposed a federal anti-abortion law. Graham’s bill, unveiled on Tuesday, September 13, proposes a national abortion ban not long after a pregnancy’s first trimester. This is, according to Graham’s critics, a total flip flop from what Graham was saying earlier this year, when the Republican senator applauded the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization as a victory for states’ rights.

The federal government, Graham previously said, needs to stay out of abortion and leave it up to the individual states. Now, he is pushing an anti-abortion law at the federal level. Graham’s bill isn’t as extreme as what many MAGA Republicans have been proposing at the state level, including banning abortion from the moment of conception even in cases of rape or incest and even if the woman’s life is in danger. But it is, Graham’s critics are saying, a flip flop from what he said earlier this year.

“At a moment when Republican candidates are furiously scrubbing evidence of their extreme anti-abortion views from their websites, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.) has underscored the determination of Republicans to enact a regime of forced birth throughout the United States,” Rubin explains. “Graham introduced a bill on Tuesday — just eight weeks before Election Day — that would impose a nationwide abortion ban after 15 weeks of pregnancy, barely into the second trimester. While he provides an exception in cases where the pregnancy would kill the woman, he provides no other exceptions to protect the health of women. Given the overwhelming popularity of the pro-choice position — even in red states such as Kansas — the proposal is a gift to Democrats.”

The Bible predicts a great turning away from God in the last days.

marke

No, I want you should vote for republicans because many republicans compromise on abortion.
Unfortunately for you, I don't vote on single issues. Besides, if the only republican running supports abortion and all democrats support abortion who should I vote for if I oppose abortion, the commie democrat who lies like a dog?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Unfortunately for you, I don't vote on single issues. Besides, if the only republican running supports abortion and all democrats support abortion who should I vote for if I oppose abortion, the commie democrat who lies like a dog?
Do whatever you want dude, it won't make a dime's worth of difference.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Because negroes should be encouraged to kill their children

Vice President Kamala Harris visited Houston this week to speak to the National Baptist Convention, one of the nation’s largest Black organizations, to promote abortion.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Because negroes should be encouraged to kill their children

Vice President Kamala Harris visited Houston this week to speak to the National Baptist Convention, one of the nation’s largest Black organizations, to promote abortion.
*Meh*...The majority of the National Baptist membership already seems to be okay with killing babies. She wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Last edited:

marke

Dummies stupidly think giving states the right to regulate abortion according to the views of a majority of voters amounts to wanting to jail women who do not wish to live by the laws of the land. No good American wants to see anyone go to jail. There is no reason for women to openly violate laws they do not like. If they want an abortion and abortions are not legal in their state then they will have to go somewhere else where it is legal.