Enyart Supporter Claims Righteousness Comes Through the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wonder if Freak will ever notice that he keeps quoting Paul and never the twelve apostles when on the subject of grace.

:think:

Kronus

Originally posted by Shimei

I wonder if Freak will ever notice that he keeps quoting Paul and never the twelve apostles when on the subject of grace.

Since you are counting apostles, I am wondering if you can quote what

"Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him," (Matthew 10:3,4 KJV) had to say about the subject of grace?

Andrew wrote no epistles to which we can refer to.

Also feel free to add the one that replaced Judas: And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. (Acts 1:26 KJV) What did this Mattias have to say about grace?

Essentially we are left with 3 of the 12 you infer had something to say about grace: Peter, James and John.

Which kind of reduces your point a little bit, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Dread Helm

Uhhh, actually they were "zealos for the Law" not on fire for grace. :thumb:

Acts 21:20
And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, "You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law;"

Galatians 2
7But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Freak

Re: Re: Enyart Supporter Claims Righteousness Comes Through the Law

Re: Re: Enyart Supporter Claims Righteousness Comes Through the Law

Originally posted by Knight

Mr. divisive strikes again!
Good work. :up: Perhaps, next time you can deal with the Scriptural record. Homework for Knight:

Does righteousness come from a person (any person of the Trinity) or from the Law?

:chuckle:

Freak

Originally posted by Kronus to Shimei

Since you are counting apostles, I am wondering if you can quote what

"Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him," (Matthew 10:3,4 KJV) had to say about the subject of grace?

Also feel free to add the one that replaced Judas: And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. (Acts 1:26 KJV) What did this Mattias have to say about grace?

Essentially we are left with 3 of the 12 you infer had something to say about grace: Peter, James and John.

Which kind of reduces your point a little bit, doesn't it?
:crackup: :up:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Actually, from what I recall in seminary, there is not very strong evidence that a single one of the twelve wrote anything in the New Testament, except for John.

GodsfreeWill

Gold Subscriber
Well freak, I have never met Bob Enyart, I have never talked to Bob Enyart, nor have I ever read the Plot. All my theological teaching has come from my pastor and theology professor at Derby School of Theology, Jeremy Finkenbinder. So you can blame him for my heretical beliefs! :thumb:

Anyways, in response to your wonderful thread, I really only have one thing to say. According to Luke 1:6, why were they righteous before God?

Luke 1:6
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Jerry Shugart

Originally posted by doogieduff
Anyways, in response to your wonderful thread, I really only have one thing to say. According to Luke 1:6, why were they righteous before God?

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
This verse does not say that they were "righteous before God" because they were blameless in regard to walking in the commandments and ordinances of God.

They were righteous before God because of their "faith".They fact that they were blameless in regard to walking in the commandments speak of their "obedience of faith".

But those at the Derby School of Theology you cannot seem to be able to distinguish between "faith" and "obedience of faith".

Paul also says that at the time that he was persecuting the church his "righteousness which is in the law" was blameless (Phil.3:6).

But despite this he was not saved.Are you not aware that "righteousness" before God is not according to Law keeping?:

"...for if there had been a law given which could have given life,verily righteousness should have been by the law.But the Scriptures hath concluded all under sin,that the promise by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ might be given to them who believe"(Gal.3:21,22).

That is why Paul says that "no man" is justified by the works of the law.And those who say that righteousness can can come by law keeping then they should consider the words of Paul:

"...for if righteousness come by the law,then Christ is dead in vain"(Gal.2:21).

In His grace,--Jerry

Last edited:

Freak

Originally posted by doogieduff

All my theological teaching has come from my pastor and theology professor at Derby School of Theology, Jeremy Finkenbinder. So you can blame him for my heretical beliefs!
He's a theology professor? :darwinsm: You're in trouble.

Righteousness came to them through God...

For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith.":

Freak

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart

This verse does not say that they were "righteous before God" because they were blameless in regard to walking in the commandments and ordinances of God.

They were righteous before God because of their "faith".They fact that they were blameless in regard to walking in the commandments speak of their "obedience of faith".

But those at the Derby School of Theology you cannot seem to be able to distinguish between "faith" and "obedience of faith".

Paul also says that at the time that he was persecuting the church his "righteousness which is in the law" was blameless (Phil.3:6).

But despite this he was not saved.Are you not aware that "righteousness" before God is not according to Law keeping?:

"...for if there had been a law given which could have given life,verily righteousness should have been by the law.But the Scriptures hath concluded all under sin,that the promise by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ might be given to them who believe"(Gal.3:21,22).

That is why Paul says that "no man" is justified by the works of the law.And those who say that righteousness can can come by law keeping then they should consider the words of Paul:

"...for if righteousness come by the law,then Christ is dead in vain"(Gal.2:21).

In His grace,--Jerry
:up: :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.