Episcopalians allow gay marriages

genuineoriginal

the papacy is preserved from error
The papacy has never been preserved from error in any of its teachings.
In fact, Ex Cathedra is a completely false teaching by the papacy that was invented so the gullible laity would not question the other false teachings that come from the papacy.

Dan Emanuel

The papacy has never been preserved from error in any of its teachings.
The Trinity. You believe that? You're answer will tell me and the whole world everything that we all need to know about you in this matter, which I deeply suspect is something you shouldn't be stickin' you're nose inta' at all.
In fact, Ex Cathedra is a completely false teaching by the papacy that was invented so the gullible laity would not question the other false teachings that come from the papacy.
Blah blah blah answer the question.

Daniel

genuineoriginal

The Trinity. You believe that? You're answer will tell me and the whole world everything that we all need to know about you in this matter, which I deeply suspect is something you shouldn't be stickin' you're nose inta' at all.

Are you claiming that the Episcopalians are allowing gay marriage because of a belief in the Trinity?

Are you sure you want to go that route?

_____
What Do Episcopalians Believe?

Our list of “non-negotiable” points are very few, and largely shared with most every other Christian tradition. Those relatively few points are:
•There is one God, who is a Trinity of Persons.
•The First Person of the Trinity, traditionally called “Father,” created all things at the beginning of time.
•Jesus Christ, the very human rabbi from 2000 years ago, was and is the Son of God, the Second Person of the Trinity, and our Savior.
•The Holy Scriptures (the Bible) are the revealed word of God, written by human beings under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit, who is the Third Person of the Trinity. The Bible contains all things necessary for salvation

. . .

In our church, women are of equal worth and dignity as men, and have full access to all orders of ministry, including the ordained priesthood and the office of bishop. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons are likewise full and equal members of our church, and likewise have full access to all orders of ministry, including the ordained priesthood and the office of bishop.
_____​

Last edited:

Dan Emanuel

Are you claiming that the Episcopalians are allowing gay marriage because of a belief in the Trinity?

Are you sure you want to go that route?
_____
What Do Episcopalians Believe?

Our list of “non-negotiable” points are very few, and largely shared with most every other Christian tradition. Those relatively few points are:
•There is one God, who is a Trinity of Persons.
•The First Person of the Trinity, traditionally called “Father,” created all things at the beginning of time.
•Jesus Christ, the very human rabbi from 2000 years ago, was and is the Son of God, the Second Person of the Trinity, and our Savior.
•The Holy Scriptures (the Bible) are the revealed word of God, written by human beings under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit, who is the Third Person of the Trinity. The Bible contains all things necessary for salvation

. . .

In our church, women are of equal worth and dignity as men, and have full access to all orders of ministry, including the ordained priesthood and the office of bishop. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons are likewise full and equal members of our church, and likewise have full access to all orders of ministry, including the ordained priesthood and the office of bishop.
_____​
Yeah, lets go that route, Do you believe in the Trinity? Yes or no. As I said, you're answer will tell us all, exactly what your all about in this matter.

Daniel

genuineoriginal

Yeah, lets go that route, Do you believe in the Trinity? Yes or no. As I said, you're answer will tell us all, exactly what your all about in this matter.

Actually it is not my answer that would tell anything, it is your questioning that tells all.

Anyone that insists that belief in the trinity or rejection of the trinity is necessary for salvation has no real idea what the scriptures say.

Now, as the quotes from an Episcopalian church shows, belief in the trinity is not enough to guard anyone from committing a mortal sin.

Dan Emanuel

Actually it is not my answer that would tell anything, it is your questioning that tells all.

Anyone that insists that belief in the trinity or rejection of the trinity is necessary for salvation has no real idea what the scriptures say.
You have no idea Who Jesus is. Jesus is defined in relation to the Trinity. Its the only way to explain what we read in the Bible, so it must be true. Every error has been rooted out of our understanding of God. They're is still plenty more to know, but we do know that He is the Trinity, and that is how we know Who Jesus is. He is God. How is He God? He is the Second Person of the Trinity, Who is God. Second Person? How many Person's are their? They're are Three Persons. They are all God. And they're is 1 God. You don't know Who Jesus is. You know He will judge you, correct? You know that much about Him?
Now, as the quotes from an Episcopalian church shows, belief in the trinity is not enough to guard anyone from committing a mortal sin.
Who in the world said that it was.

Daniel

bybee

This is an eschatological question. Muslim's get it right. Thats a hint.

Daniel

Muslim's create the "eschaton" for non-believers.
And when each of the murdering, raping, slaughterers of innocent children, women and men gets to Paradise he gets all kinds of virgins to begin raping again.

genuineoriginal

Sigh. So thats a No then? To my question? About the Trinity?

You don't believe in the Trinity --thats what your saying, right? Yes or no?
It appears that you may be aware that the doctrine of the Binity (Father and Jesus) was developed during the first council of Nicaea in 32 CE, and the doctrine of the Trinity (Father, Jesus, Holy Ghost) was developed during the second council of Nicaea in 787 CE.

Whether I believe in the Trinity or whether I don't believe in the Trinity has no bearing on my salvation.

The things that do matter are found in Acts 15.

Dan Emanuel

Muslim's create the "eschaton" for non-believers.
And when each of the murdering, raping, slaughterers of innocent children, women and men gets to Paradise he gets all kinds of virgins to begin raping again.
They do believe that Jesus will judge them though.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

It appears that you may be aware that the doctrine of the Binity (Father and Jesus) was developed during the first council of Nicaea in 32 CE, and the doctrine of the Trinity (Father, Jesus, Holy Ghost) was developed during the second council of Nicaea in 787 CE.

Whether I believe in the Trinity or whether I don't believe in the Trinity has no bearing on my salvation.

The things that do matter are found in Acts 15.
Who said anything about salvation?

You don't know Jesus.

Daniel