Episcopalians allow gay marriages

Jose Fly

Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in churches

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Episcopalians voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, solidifying the church's embrace of gay rights that began more than a decade ago with the pioneering election of the first openly gay bishop.

Kinda takes some of the steam out of the "they're going to force Christian churches to perform gay marriages" paranoia. Turns out some churches are going to do them voluntarily. :up:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
:poly: "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry"

:neck::nori:

That's not so awful, now, is it? :banana:

genuineoriginal

2 Timothy 3:1-8
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.​

GFR7

Kinda takes some of the steam out of the "they're going to force Christian churches to perform gay marriages" paranoia. Turns out some churches are going to do them voluntarily. :up:
I've got a newsflash for you, Sunshine: Nobody was thinking of the Episcopal Church because everyone knows they've been going gay for years. It's the Catholic and other Christian denominations which they've worried about.

Selaphiel

I've got a newsflash for you, Sunshine: Nobody was thinking of the Episcopal Church because everyone knows they've been going gay for years. It's the Catholic and other Christian denominations which they've worried about.

Can you point us to a single country where the Catholic church has been forced to wed homosexual couples? There are plenty of countries where homosexual secular marriages are legal, I dont know of anyone of those who has forced any religious organization to wed them.

GFR7

Can you point us to a single country where the Catholic church has been forced to wed homosexual couples? There are plenty of countries where homosexual secular marriages are legal, I dont know of anyone of those who has forced any religious organization to wed them.
Yes, I know that - but Americans are a bit peculiar.

bybee

I'm an Episcopalian. Some of us are so open minded our brains have fallen out! Be that as it may. We have always been a Church which seeks to heed the voice of reason. No one is forced into a box of someone else's choosing.
I am opposed to homosexual marriage being blessed by the church.
Yet, it shall happen anyway.
I do not intend to leave my church ... just yet.
The individual Rector may act according to the dictates of his/her conscious.
My Church in Minnesota may, likely, bless gay marriages. My Church in Florida? Not a chance!

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Not to my understanding. Atheists have no place in the church according to their understanding....

Atheists saves themselves to certify themselves to christian goodies. That church saves themselves. No difference.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is a "One-gate" event. It is entered individually.

Cool! Individualy is an excellent word!
God individually draws those He wants to save. Every drawn individual -> WILL <- be saved and have no possiblity to reject God's will.

I don't buy arminian-like behaviors reguarding to "faith before regeneration " I found no proof on that.

Dan Emanuel

Yes, of course. But you fail to appreciate that all those churches' that are not in communion with the actual, bona fide supreme pastor of the actual, bona fide Christian Church, which Jesus Christ Himself built upon Peter, mean exactly nothing in term's of faith, doctrine and moral's---the papacy is preserved from error when teaching on these thing's, and marriage is within this territory.

The pope's say, "Only a man and woman can marry." They've been saying it for 2,000 year's, not, just recently.

Daniel

bybee

Cool! Individualy is an excellent word!
God individually draws those He wants to save. Every drawn individual -> WILL <- be saved and have no possiblity to reject God's will.

I don't buy arminian-like behaviors reguarding to "faith before regeneration " I found no proof on that.

I am an open-theist and believe that, often, God knows His own before His own know that they are His own.
I believe that we are all "His own" because He is the Author of life.
Yet, many are lost either temporarily or permanently.

Jose Fly

Yes, of course. But you fail to appreciate that all those churches' that are not in communion with the actual, bona fide supreme pastor of the actual, bona fide Christian Church, which Jesus Christ Himself built upon Peter, mean exactly nothing in term's of faith, doctrine and moral's---the papacy is preserved from error when teaching on these thing's, and marriage is within this territory.

The pope's say, "Only a man and woman can marry." They've been saying it for 2,000 year's, not, just recently.

I'm not really concerned about Christianity's sectarian disputes.

bybee

You should be, if you think the O.P. mean's anything at all. They'res only 1 supreme pastorship of the 1 true Church of Jesus Christ.

Daniel

Ah, Daniel Emanuel! God does work in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. We are all His children and He loves us all with a Love which surpasses all understanding.