• No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nikolai_42

A shadow of this is found in this verse:

Acts 27:31
31 Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved.​

If you do not abide in the faith, you cannot be saved.

2 John 1:9
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.​

While there is truth to this, the problem I see with the approach that simply asks if one can lose one's salvation is that it is essentially discipleship stripped of all its weight. Jesus told the disciples to go and make disciples - not go and get as many people saved as possible. One involves the other, but one does not encompass the other. The lack of emphasis on works that simply questions whether one's salvation is secure or not misses the reality of who we are sinning against and makes the end all there is (and even at that, an end that essentially is about a destination rather than a standing). The fear about works goes to whether or not one is promoting works salvation. That is why I believe the modern revivalistic evangelism that reduces salvation to a rote (often) prayer and some form of verbal concession to a few core doctrines is woefully inadequate. Likewise, those that are always worried about whether they have sinned away their salvation (and I tend to err more to that extreme than the other) usually place too much confidence in themselves - though it doesn't often appear that way. It is Christ who keeps His own - but it is the works that prove the keeping (to play a little on James' faith/works teaching). We are too bound to look at things from a human perspective and so reduce the awfulness of sin or exalt our own contribution to our salvation. Neither of those is right. Sin has been taken care of, but we are also told not to let it reign in us. The greatness of our salvation has less to do with our being rescued (as wonderful as that is) and with the glory of the One doing the rescuing.

clefty

What in the world are you saying??? Who ever told you that you cannot receive salvation until Jesus return. Would you care to quote Book, Chapter and verse that says that!

Rather to be absent the body is NOT immediately with Christ...but and with Christ takes a loooong time...

You tired of being where you are you receive your ticket the train has to come you gotta get on stay on until the final stop...then YAY well done good and faithful servant...you finally HOME...

BTW for some this train has SLEEPER CARS...LOL

Oh so...hold on to that ticket...the trip is awesome...

binyamin7

Not only is a backslider in danger, there are people who cannot be forgiven because they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 12:14-17, 1 John 5:16-18

clefty

Once Saved Always Saved cannot be found in Paul's gospel.
And if you believe Paul is teaching a different gospel, then you shouldn't believe Paul's gospel.

Problem is not Paul...Peter warned what unstable minds will do with Paul...poor Paul...labored in vain as so many reject his COPY ME AS I COPY CHRIST...

But rather find the good life of compromise...

Imagine if the martyrs believed they could make compromises and go along to get along...they could have saved their own lives...I mean ONCE is enough right? Now just feel free to compromise as you wont lose nothing...

Instead they went to sleep absolutely resolute to follow Him His way...as if they NEVER WANTED TO LOSE IT...or barter or rationalize or have pretty words rob them

clefty

Not only is a backslider in danger, there are people who cannot be forgiven because they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 12:14-17, 1 John 5:16-18

Hebrews 10:26...no sacrifice for sins after knowing the truth...YIKES...we carry that to judgement...

HAVE MERCY YAH...I AM A SINNER

binyamin7

Bunch of people running around teaching others to be lukewarm, it is bad enough you do it yourself! The Lord knows your browser history, people need to repent or it won't be good.

1 Cor 6:9-11

binyamin7

Hebrews 10:26...no sacrifice for sins after knowing the truth...YIKES...we carry that to judgement...

HAVE MERCY YAH...I AM A SINNER

Agreed we would be wise to fear YH! I didn't quote that verse on purpose out of fear! Hebrews 6:4-6

binyamin7

Problem is not Paul...Peter warned what unstable minds will do with Paul...poor Paul...labored in vain as so many reject his COPY ME AS I COPY CHRIST...

But rather find the good life of compromise...

Imagine if the martyrs believed they could make compromises and go along to get along...they could have saved their own lives...I mean ONCE is enough right? Now just feel free to compromise as you wont lose nothing...

Instead they went to sleep absolutely resolute to follow Him His way...as if they NEVER WANTED TO LOSE IT...or barter or rationalize or have pretty words rob them

Oh man I like this guy! He gets it.

clefty

Agreed we would be wise to fear YH! I didn't quote that verse on purpose out of fear! Hebrews 6:4-6

Indeed...that once saved always saved is the YOU WILL NEVER DIE of the original LIE...

Can’t believe the lack of contrition here...and the boasting of those that would change both times and laws...Daniel warned us about...

These another gospels another christs have kept them out of salvation and prevented others from entering...

Check the fruit learn the roots...

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From Gotquestions.org

When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their eternal security. Jude 24 declares, "To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy." God's power is able to keep the believer from falling. It is up to Him, not us, to present us before His glorious presence. Our eternal security is a result of God keeping us, not us maintaining our own salvation.

The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" (John 10:28-29b). Both Jesus and the Father have us firmly grasped in their hand. Who could possibly separate us from the grip of both the Father and the Son?

Ephesians 4:30 tells us that believers are "sealed for the day of redemption." If believers did not have eternal security, the sealing could not truly be unto the day of redemption, but only to the day of sinning, apostasy, or disbelief. John 3:15-16 tells us that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If a person were to be promised eternal life, but then have it taken away, it was never "eternal" to begin with. If eternal security is not true, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

clefty

From Gotquestions.org

When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their eternal security. Jude 24 declares, "To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy." God's power is able to keep the believer from falling. It is up to Him, not us, to present us before His glorious presence. Our eternal security is a result of God keeping us, not us maintaining our own salvation.
He IS able but will not force you...you can choose otherwise...return to your own vomit...

The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" (John 10:28-29b). Both Jesus and the Father have us firmly grasped in their hand. Who could possibly separate us from the grip of both the Father and the Son?
no one but our own choice NOT TO...to fall way from our first love...

Ephesians 4:30 tells us that believers are "sealed for the day of redemption." If believers did not have eternal security, the sealing could not truly be unto the day of redemption, but only to the day of sinning, apostasy, or disbelief. John 3:15-16 tells us that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If a person were to be promised eternal life, but then have it taken away, it was never "eternal" to begin with. If eternal security is not true, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.
sealed for the day of redemption which is judgement day or atONEment...some will NOT receive entrance or mercy...satan believes...is he in? All are asleep when the bride groom comes only some have the Spirit...many called few chosen....they ALL started across the promised land NOT ALL made it...not even MOSES

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.
nope nothing can separate us from His LOVE...even our rejection...He will still love us and will be saddened to see you unclean and outside the camp as those others were when the church was in the wilderness outside the camp despite thinking it was all promised and secured...

glorydaz

He IS able but will not force you...you can choose otherwise...return to your own vomit...

Nope, you're talking about those who only think they are saved.

Not the new creature...as the scripture tells us.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.​

glorydaz

Indeed...that once saved always saved is the YOU WILL NEVER DIE of the original LIE...

Can’t believe the lack of contrition here...and the boasting of those that would change both times and laws...Daniel warned us about...

These another gospels another christs have kept them out of salvation and prevented others from entering...

Check the fruit learn the roots...

:mock: clefty

clefty

Nope, you're talking about those who only think they are saved.
Duh...you know why I speak of these that think they are saved?

“When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their eternal security. Jude 24 declares, "To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy." God's power is able to keep the believer from falling. It is up to Him, not us, to present us before His glorious presence. Our eternal security is a result of God keeping us, not us maintaining our own salvation.

I bolded the part it argues those think they are saved argue...it is amazing yours rapture yourselves from all accountability and responsibility to maintain our own salvation...to imitate Him be LIKE HIM...HOLY

And still use JUDE? LOL...”Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness” Here is concern for the salvation to be maintained contended earnestly for the faith from EXACTLY YOURS who turn GRACE INTO LEWDNESS...as if there is nothing for us to maintain, do, overcome, persevere...

“But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that gthe Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain” AGAIN...had it but LOST IT...both men AND ANGELS...

STILL JUDE WARNS THEY NOT BE CORRUPTED “These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; 13 praging waves of the sea, qfoaming up their own shame; wandering stars rfor whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.” Lest they LOSE IT ALL

STILL JUDE exorting them to not only be obedient and faithful themselves but maintain the salvation OF OTHERS

“But you, beloved, xbuilding yourselves up on your most holy faith, ypraying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.”

Yup YOURS TURN GRACE TO LEWDNESS

Not the new creature...as the scripture tells us.
oh I well know the new creature formed from jew and gentile united as HIS PEOPLE ISRAEL...no one raptured from their accountability and responsibility to be obedient and MAINTAIN their sovereign citizenship...WITH GOOD WORKS

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​
yes exactly...we are His workmanship created when He abolished that wall preventing goyim from doing the works we should walk in ordained at Sinai and before...good works to MAINTAIN OUR SALVATION

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

ANY MAN BE IN HIM where there is neither jew nor goyim...no distinction between those obedient to the ONE LAW...a new creature...having made ONE from the TWO...HIS PEOPLE doing HIS WILL HIS WAY...as it was when the church was in the wilderness...

ALL things are INDEED become NEW...new as that covenant He demonstrated and taught before He sealed with His death...do THAT new creatures!!...KEEP THOSE LAWS...don’t return to your vomit thinking you are saved...grace alone...raptured from ONE LAW WORKS...as if they are NOT dispensed to you...turning grace into lewdness

clefty

:mock: clefty

Still Jude:

“But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: 18 how they told you that wthere would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. 19 These are 9sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.”

I remember...”imitate me as I imitate Yahushua”...”we establish law”...”Holy Spirit given to ALL who obey”...”If you love me keep my commandment”...”run the good race...fight the good fight”...”let none rob you of your reward with fancy posts filled with cute emojis”...

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Say you are trying to grab onto a helicopters ladder from a boat. You happen to slip fall and die in the ocean. God may have woke you from the dead, but you still lost your salvation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Can you loose your salvation?
If we take our earthly existence out of the picture for a moment, and just look at eternity, everyone believes in eternal security.

Either in heaven or hell, once you're there, you're secure. And I doubt there's anyone here who would say, "no, you can be kicked out of heaven."

But looking back at our time on earth up to the point of death, Paul's words are sufficient:

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God,who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. - 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians1:21-22&version=NKJV

For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. - 2 Corinthians 5:4-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians5:4-5&version=NKJV

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. - Ephesians 1:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians1:13-14&version=NKJV

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. - Ephesians 4:30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:30&version=NKJV