• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolution didn't happen, but is it possible?

Greg Jennings

Many things have been wildly believed by evolutionists which science has later proven wrong. Christians should not believe things because of popular opinion (as Galileo's Pope did)...but instead we believe the Word of God.

wait.....didn't Galileo's Pope say something like that?

drbrumley

Nancy Pearcey

"Evolutionists cling to their theory because it is the very basis for the way they look at the world, not because it has been proven accurate."

Greg Jennings

I'm waiting. Spell it out for me.

What's to spell out? I asked a question, I'm waiting for an answer. Maybe I should provide some clarity?

I'll put it this way: has one species ever been observed to adapt to its environment in a way that makes it physically or behaviorally distinct from the parent population?

badp

What's to spell out? I asked a question, I'm waiting for an answer. Maybe I should provide some clarity?

I'll put it this way: has one species ever been observed to adapt to its environment in a way that makes it physically or behaviorally distinct from the parent population?

That's not relevant to my original question. Here's what I asked for in the original post:
What I'm looking for is a non-probability-based argument against evolution's possibility.

It seems you're trying to make the case that evolution is possible. That's not what I'm looking for.

Greg Jennings

That's not relevant to my original question. Here's what I asked for in the original post:

It seems you're trying to make the case that evolution is possible. That's not what I'm looking for.

So I'm to understand that you're flatly rejecting anything that contradicts what you wish was real?

badp

Maybe you haven't grasped that there isn't the answer you're looking for? Because you're looking for an answer that contradicts common sense

So if I understand, you're saying that there is no argument against evolution's possibility. How do you support a negative claim like that?

Greg Jennings

Have you ever heard the term "circular reasoning?"

A scientist you're not.

A scientist tests his hypothesis and puts his research up to the scrutiny of the scientific community.

Seeing as what I believe to be true has stood up to decades of scientific scrutiny, and what you believe to be true can't stand up to the scrutiny of an online forum, I'd say I'm more of a scientist than ye

badp

A scientist tests his hypothesis and puts his research up to the scrutiny of the scientific community.

Seeing as what I believe to be true has stood up to decades of scientific scrutiny, and what you believe to be true can't stand up to the scrutiny of an online forum, I'd say I'm more of a scientist than ye

A scientist presents his findings. You claim that there exists no argument against evolution's possibility. So where's your evidence? And the word "Science" typed out on a keyboard doesn't qualify.

Greg Jennings

A scientist presents his findings. You claim that there exists no argument against evolution's possibility. So where's your evidence? And the word "Science" typed out on a keyboard doesn't qualify.

My evidence is that nobody for nearly two hundred years has been able to refute evolution. Indeed the more light is shined on the subject the more our confidence grows in evolutionary theory

badp

My evidence is that nobody for nearly two hundred years has been able to refute evolution. Indeed the more light is shined on the subject the more our confidence grows in evolutionary theory

Even if you were correct, it still doesn't speak to possibility. People weren't able to fly for thousands of years. That doesn't mean airplanes are impossible.

Greg Jennings

Even if you were correct, it still doesn't speak to possibility. People weren't able to fly for thousands of years. That doesn't mean airplanes are impossible.

People still aren't able to fly. Planes fly. Helicopters fly. When we got the technology to build them, they flew. And actually, we know that balloons not unlike modern hot air balloons were in use by the Nazca people in Peru. They used them to construct their massive shapes in the landscape.

People haven't been able to shape shift into spaceships before. Is that possible too?

badp

People still aren't able to fly. Planes fly. Helicopters fly. When we got the technology to build them, they flew. And actually, we know that balloons not unlike modern hot air balloons were in use by the Nazca people in Peru. They used them to construct their massive shapes in the landscape.

People haven't been able to shape shift into spaceships before. Is that possible too?

I suppose anything is possible.