Evolution in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They call it a disorder, but shouldn't Darwinists be celebrating this as "survival of the fittest"?

View attachment 24900

Researchers link virus to birds with deformed beaks
AP, ANCHORAGE, Alaska
The tiny birds showed up at birdfeeders in Alaska's largest city with freakishly long beaks. Some beaks looked like sprung scissors, unable to come together at the tips. Others curved up or down like crossed sickles.
Bird beaks have inner layers of bone covered by an outer layer of keratin, the same stuff as fingernails. The disorder affects the outer layer, stimulating the keratin to grow twice as fast as normal.
"They can't eat enough during the daylight hours to survive overnight, because they're metabolizing the fat they put on during the day. The other thing is that the poor little guys can't preen their feathers very well. You can imagine trying to comb your hair with a pair of three-foot-long [1m] chopsticks."
They end up with dirty, matted plumage and feathers that no longer provide insulation.
"They've lost their little down coats for winter," Handel said.
Some do not survive.
The birds had RNA of a virus in the same family that causes the common cold and polio in humans and foot-and-mouth disease in cattle.
The previously unknown virus was in every sample of deformed chickadee beaks and in two samples of chickadees that did not have distorted beaks.
"Now, with this genetic test, we have a way to see: Do those birds have the same virus or not?”

http://phys.org/news/2016-10-link-virus-alaska-birds-deformed.html

chair

Ah, another Darwinist with nothing to contribute. :rolleyes:

No. Just concerned for your welfare. This thread is not of the high standard that we've come to expect of you. I hope it is only a virus that will pass with time. Make sure to drink lots of liquids and get some rest.

Would you like everyone on TOL to pray for your recovery?

6days

Explain why it shows survival of the fittest.
Evolutionists are always quick to call 'adaptation', examples of evolution in action. (Adaptation allows organisms to survive and uses pre-existing genetic information and mechanisms).But, what we see overall is downward trends towards extinction.
We live in a sin cursed world where pain, suffering and death exist. We look forward to the time when "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away " Rev. 21:4

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Just concerned for your welfare. This thread is not of the high standard that we've come to expect of you. I hope it is only a virus that will pass with time. Make sure to drink lots of liquids and get some rest.

Would you like everyone on TOL to pray for your recovery?

:darwinsm:

:mock: Chair

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists are always quick to call 'adaptation', examples of evolution in action. (Adaptation allows organisms to survive and uses pre-existing genetic information and mechanisms).But, what we see overall is downward trends towards extinction.
We live in a sin cursed world where pain, suffering and death exist. We look forward to the time when "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away " Rev. 21:4

I think the point of OP is that in a situation that seems tailor-made for Darwinists to tout natural selection in action, they are instead searching for reason and treatment, as if something has gone wrong.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I think the point of OP is that in a situation that seems tailor-made for Darwinists to tout natural selection in action, they are instead searching for reason and treatment, as if something has gone wrong.

Are you suggesting one should not use reason to understand the natural world?

chair

Prayers are definitely in order. Please, everybody, let's all pray for Stripe's mental health.
"“How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god!"

Worse than I thought. He is regurgitating the same things over and over again!
Pray!

quip

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:

Only if you assume the truth of a Designer.
Well, what I do assume is that you've just (intentionally?) assumed an argument for a poor designer. :idunno:

Correct me if either of our assumptions are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.