Faith to believe on Christ !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Princely insinuates he's some "specially chosen" messenger!! I believe he may have mental issues warping his sense of reason and logic!! Or perhaps someone who just likes to get on others nerves. Either way he's a complete nuisance!!

beloved57

Faith in Christ for Salvation is restricted to and is a Divine Summons to only those who are spiritually hungry for the bread of Life. This call to faith was even the case in the OT under the OC, for observe Isa 55:1-2

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that[Bread] which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Bread here is the Lord Jesus Christ and those OC Doctrines which set Him forth as the object of Faith Jn 8:56 !

In other words men do seek to come to God other than by a Election in Christ, For those who will believe and Trust in Christ, the bread from heaven Jn 6:32,33,41,50-51,58, they first need to be made to hunger for that bread or for His Righteousness as Per Matt 5:6.

The Righteousness here is Christ's Righteousness, the bread of life Jn 6:35

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

And it is the Holy Spirit who creates this Spiritual Hunger and Thirst for Christ, the Bread of Life and His Righteousness, as we see in Jn 16:8,10,14 !

And so pay attention, for those who truly have a Spiritual Hunger for the Bread of Life,and Christ's Righteousness, its all satisfied in Christ the Bread of Life, and Christ our Righteousness, and thus the Gospel reveals to such a Righteousness of God, revealed to from to faith, thus confirming Jesus promise Matt 5:6

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

That word filled also means satisfied or fulfill as to fulfill a desire ! Also to feed !

They shall be fed by the Gospel sent to them revealing to them the Righteousness of God, which is Christ Righteousness Imputed to them, and now this being made known to them consciously to God given Faith, and this is how Faith in Christ is accomplished in the Purpose of God for Salvation !

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith in Christ for Salvation cont

Many erroneous teachers teach that Salvation is offered by the Gospel to all without exception, and that many to whom it is offered, that they just do not want it and so refuse it. This however is nothing but a deception, for the Salvation call is always directed to a specific set of characters like, Whosoever will [spiritual desire], but this call does exempt those who have no will to come as here Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. or whosoever is laboring and are heavy laden Matt 11:28

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. OR

Whosoever thirst Jn 7:37

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Matt 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

So for those who do not hunger and thirst, or who are not laboring and heavy laden, there is no call for them unto Faith in Christ.

To such Christ would not be precious, but unto us who believe, He is Precious 1 Pet 2:7

Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

The call to faith in Christ does not go out to any who are content and or indifferent in their sin. Do not be fooled by the deceivers; For listen, if you invite a hungry man to bread, he comes and eats, if you summon a thirsty man to drink, he thankfully comes and drinks, you summons a laboring burdened to rest and refreshment, he gladly receives it. If we recall Esau how he sold his birthright to his brother Jacob, it was while Esau was in a weary/ exhausted condition Gen 25:27-30

27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.

28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:

30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.

Notice Vs 29-30, when a person is weary, exhausted from working, his body craves or desires meat, rest and refreshment as Esau, such persons will not reject and treat with indifference that which they do desire and crave ! So it is in the Spiritual realm of things, with the Gospel feast, for it is prepared for them for whom God prepares them beforehand to receive it ! Lk 1:17

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Last edited:

2COR12:9

2 Peter 1:1 (NASB)
1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours,
by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:​

a faith of the same kind as ours
the gentiles, can now partake in the same saving faith as the Jews.

by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ
made available by the righteous act of Christ on the cross.

This passage is not intending imputed righteousness.

2COR12:9

2 Pet 1:1

Peter in this scripture does inform us where precious Faith comes from ! Its certainly not of ourselves Eph 2:8.

Every commentator I know of, according to the grammatical structure of the sentence in the Greek, the gift of God only refers to the grace by which you are saved. It does not make sense for it to refer to faith, the way it was written. Even your boy Calvin agrees, look it up.

However that doesn't mean that Faith can be produced apart from God, for even the ability to make a choice to believe is a gift. Though I know you're trying to imply in such a way that that only Faith can be enacted if God does it for us, then it would no longer be me having faith in God, but God believing in himself, and saying I had faith in God would be a lie. Faith in God has to be enacted on our part, enabled by God, in order for it to be genuine. Nowhere does it say God believes for us.​

beloved57

Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Every commentator I know of, according to the grammatical structure of the sentence in the Greek, the gift of God only refers to the grace

Faith is from the Grace, hence one believes by Grace the Gift of God Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

So it does not matter, the Grace is not of ourselves, so quite naturally neither is the Faith !

See where faith comes from also from 2 Pet 1:1

However that doesn't mean that Faith can be produced apart from God

Its a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, one receives faith to believe from the New Birth !

1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

That lively Hope and Faith are one and the same, that is Hope is born out of Faith !

The scripture here is plain that this lively hope / faith comes from being begotten again. The word begotten here is the greek word anagennaō
which means:

produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

That new life is a Life of Faith opposesd to a life of unbelief !

Now I have presented this many many times before on this board !

Last edited:

beloved57

2 Cor 12:9

made available by the righteous act of Christ on the cross.

Thats a lie, what scripture says anything about being made available by the righteous act of Christ ?

This passage is not intending imputed righteousness
It is, actually its the imparted Righteousness of Christ which is communicated at the New Birth !

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith is a Gift of God's Favor to a person, in other words all for whom Christ died, even while being enemies in themselves, they had nevertheless been reconciled to God, strictly by the Death of His Son. Now to be reconciled also means to be received into God's Favor ! The word reconciled is the greek word katallassō and means:

to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

a) to reconcile (those who are at variance)

b) return to favour with, be reconciled to one

c) to receive one into favour

Hence all those favored ones, God gives them Faith to know and understand what Christ has done for them by His blood !

Thats why Paul writes this Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

That word give is the greek word charizomai which means to:

to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

a) to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

b) to grant forgiveness, to pardon

c) to give graciously, give freely, bestow

1) to forgive

2) graciously to restore one to another

3) to preserve for one a person in peril

And its the same word Paul uses here Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Its a must for all whom Christ died, for them to be given Faith in behalf of Christ, for them to believe upon Him for Salvation !

beloved57

Chosen to believe, not believe to be Chosen !

Isa 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Remember Jesus said Jn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And John also wrote 1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Every True Believer is one of God's Elect, and Faith or Believing is what they were Chosen unto, and not because of !

Lets look at 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Notice unto obedience, not because of obedience ! Now this obedience is Faith, meaning the obedience of Faith Rom 16:26

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Also 2 Thess 2:13 is to the same purport 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Last edited:

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Isa 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Remember Jesus said Jn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

What you fail to see is that the chosen are those who witness for the Lord and serve Him.

Another thing is that Jesus would have never called himself Jesus Christ in that other verse, that was added in. The verse goes like this;

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the One whom you sent."

The Lord says this;

I will change and purify the lips of the people so they shall all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

beloved57

Chosen to believe, not believe to be Chosen cont

All them of God's Elect shall obtain like precious Faith 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

This verse lets us know unquestionably that Faith is a Salvation Blessing and not something man has by nature !

And it is also termed the Faith of God's Elect, for its from God's Elect [Christ Isa 42:1] to God's Elect [ Those given to Him or Chosen in Him Eph 1:4]

It is peculiar only to them, so the Elect only obtain this precious faith, and the rest of mankind is blinded Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The Election obtained it by Faith that was given ! Paul said the blinded ones sought it not by Faith Rom 9:31-32

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

They were the Election !

The rest Paul writes were blinded Rom 11:7; And this being blinded prevents one from believing the Gospel of Christ 2 Cor 4:3-4

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So it is upon the evidence of one believing that Paul could reasonably conclude that the Thessalonians were of the Election of Grace 1 Thess 1:4-6

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, their receiving or believing the Gospel in much affliction convinced Paul of their Election of God !

Last edited:

beloved57

Something to know !

Something to know ! It is impossible for any sinner that Christ died for, to live and die an unbeliever. For such case would overthrow the purpose of God giving His Son Jn 3:16, and would have defeated the Purpose of His Saving Death. One scripture that confirms this Truth is the latter part of Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Just SHALL live by Faith !

The whole Truth of this stated assertion, hinges upon the word SHALL, a Promise of God's Word depending upon His Ability to perform it. Just like this statement Rom 4:20-21

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

The promise being Gen 18:10-14

10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.

11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.

12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

This is to Illustrate that God's Shall's are contingent upon His Ability to perform it.

So, that the Just shall live by Faith is of that same quality of promise !

Now who are the Just ? Its all whom Christ, by His Obedience made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word Righteous here is the same word Just in Rom 1:17b the greek word dikaios.

So the conclusion is That all for whom Christ died [His Obedience] shall be made to live by Faith ! This is brought about by God's Ability !

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith and Repentance Two sides of same coin !

That Repentance [a change of mind] and Faith [believing the Truth as it is revealed or made known] are of the same Essence / Substance, for this is shown here 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

That is repentance from God is unto discerning and acknowledging the Truth or belief of the Truth or Faith in it ! See Eph 1:13

Paul writes in Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Faith acknowledges God's Truth, which is what 2 Tim 2:25 means !

So in the Evangelical sense, this Repentance in Lk 24:47; Acts 5:31,11:18,17:30,20:21 is unto Faith or belief or acknowledgment of the Truth !

And Both must come from God 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Neither Faith or Repentance comes from within the Natural man as false teachers teach !

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith and Hope are of the same Essence !

That Faith and Hope are of the same Essence or Substance, hope being born out of Faith, the Expectation of what Faith Reveals and causes Trust, well this is seen here 1 Pet 1:21

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Now notice how this purpose [of faith and hope in God] follows the fact of God's raising Christ from the dead [ His Resurrection See Vs 3] God gave Him Glory, so that they [to whom Peter was writing] would have Faith and Hope in God. This is the same referred to earlier in Vs 3 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Being begotten again unto a Lively Hope by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, so a Believers Faith and Hope is directly connected to and resultive of Christ's Resurrection from the Dead and His Glory.

Paul said in Eph 1:12

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

In other words, its to the Praise of Christ's Glory whenever one Trust's in Him for Salvation !

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith is Spiritual !

Faith is Spiritual , and its living [as in a lively hope 1 Pet 1:3] for it is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen ! This definition in and of itself confirms that the Natural Man cannot have Faith, because as so, we walk by sight 2 Cor 5:7

(For we walk by faith, not by sight )

Faith is the evidence of the Spiritual Life and without Spiritual Life there can be no Living Faith. The Blessed Saviour said once Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Jesus is not saying if one believes they will get Eternal Life, no but quite the opposite, rather He s saying, the one believing, already has Everlasting Life, for ones believing gives Evidence of having Everlasting Life ! For Faith or the act of Believing does not produce Life, but Rather Life produces Faith.

There is no Spiritual Persuasion to one who is yet spiritually dead
and alienated from the Life of God, and consequently have no life in them Jn 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Eating and Drinking are metaphorically symbolizing Believing on Christ, appropriating Him, acts of life, and ones not doing that give evidence of having no life [Spiritual] in them ! Activity springs from life !

Jesus is not speaking of natural and physical life, for of course they had that !

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith is an Evidence of Union with Christ !

Faith in Christ does not give us a spiritual union with Christ, but is the evidence of such a Union with Christ. For faith is the evidence of things hoped for Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

And so it is Faith cannot be the thing it evidences as a reality, and the reality that is unseen must exist before . Now the Reality is that believers, before believing were the Children of God by Union with Christ. Yes we are already Children of God by Union before Believing on Christ which is the evidence of that Union.

And it is because of that Union with Christ before we become believers, of which we are the Children of God, God sends His Spirit in our Hearts Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons or descendants, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

By which Spirit we receive a witness to ourselves that we are the Children of God Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And so, those who do believe in Jesus have the witness in themselves 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness or evidence in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

The Spirit being given as in Gal 4:6 is the Evidence that we had a Union with Christ before believing that we were by that Union, Children of God. We were Joint Heirs with Christ in the Eternal Counsels of God ! Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

That word Joint denotes Union with Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

New Birth before Faith !

One of the most obvious truths of scripture, which is that New Birth or being born of the Spirit must have first occurred before one can believe on Christ for Salvation, this is true simply because such an act is pleasing to God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

1 Jn 3:22-23

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Now surely from here we see that Believing on the Name of Jesus Christ is a commandment we do or keep that pleases God.

And yet we know that they which are in the flesh [Unregenerate] cannot please God Per Rom 8:8 !

Hence if one does please God by by believing on the name of Jesus Christ, then it stands to reason, that such a one had to be not in the flesh, not in a unregenerate state, but one who instead that had been born of the Spirit be able to do it and to please God !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Faith of Christ or out of Christ !

All those Christ died for are given a portion or dealt a portion of His Faith, The Faith of the Son of God Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

By which He in their stead and in their behalf overcome the World Jn 16:33

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Now understand, Jesus statement here is not as a Private Individual Person, but as an Head and Representative of His Church, and the Overcoming Faith that He has, it is communicated to All His Members in the New Birth and so they become overcomer's by their Gift of Faith given them from Him, the faith of the Son of God 1 Jn 5:4-5

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Its easy to see here that the Faith is born of God !

In the original Faith of the Son of God is genitive which means:

For the most part, the genitive is often viewed as the case of possession. In more technical terms one noun in the genitive case helps to qualify another noun by showing its "class" or "kind". The genitive case has more uses than most other cases, but in general a noun in the genitive case helps to limit the scope of another noun by indicating its "kind" or "class".

http://www.ntgreek.org/learn_nt_greek/nouns1.htm

Thats what Kind of Faith Paul had " Of the Son of God" which is a overcoming Faith !

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the most obvious truths of scripture, which is that New Birth or being born of the Spirit must have first occurred before one can believe on Christ for Salvation, this is true simply because such an act is pleasing to God Heb 11:6

!

Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.