Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Thou standest by Faith !

Thou standest by Faith !

Rom 11:20

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Probably no other scripture in the bible gives the explicit indication that Faith is not of ourselves, save maybe for Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Faith springs from Grace, which is God's Gift ! Faith is by the Gracious enablement of God [The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Grace which worketh in us who are believing Zech 12:10]

Faith is not of man, but the fruit and enablement of the Spirit Gal 5:22, and in fact, thats why in Rom 11:20 the now Gentile belivers had no reason to boast or be highminded, for the only reason why they were not in unbelief as the majority of the unbelieving jews were which becuse of it were broken off, because God made the difference in them giving them Faith to stand. Notice the explicit declaration to them Rom 11:20

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

You see, to stand by Faith equates to standing by the Divine Ability, not ones own abilty ! This we know by Rom 14:4

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Standing and not falling is solely by the Power and Ability of God causing it.

The word falleth here in Rom 14:4 is the greek word piptō and is the same word the Spirit uses here in Rom 11:22

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

If God wanted to, if it was His Will and pleasure, He could have caused them that fell in Rom 11:22 to stand by Faith, He was able to MAKE them stand, so says the word of Truth, because Faith to stand was in His Power to give them !

Now this confirms Peters 1 Pet 1:5

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This means that their standing through Faith is by the Power of God ! The word Power here and able in Rom 14:4 are both from the root word dynamai:

I.
to be able, have power whether by virtue of one's own ability and resources, or of a state of mind, or through favourable circumstances, or by permission of law or custom

II.
to be able to do something

III.
to be capable, strong and powerful

They are being able to stand by Faith, by God's Ability and Resources causing it, in other words, God's Power causes us to stand by or through Faith.

If the Gentiles standing by Faith in Rom 11:20 was of their own ability, they would have reason or cause to boast or be high minded, but the case is not so.

This is also a Judgment against those of us who believed that Faith was a condition man in the flesh had the ability to do to distinguish himself from others who remained in unbelief , such ones are condemned as being highminded or proud !

beloved57

Faith receives the Message of Justification !

Faith receives the Message of Justification !

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Listen, all for whom Christ died shall hear about it, they shall be prepared by the Spirit, the shall be killed by the Spirit with the Law, for Paul refers to that here Rom 7:9-11

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

The Law in the hand of the Spirit will cause and show every elect sinner the experience of being captive to sin in the flesh, and its helplessness, its imprisonment, and its at this time the spiritual prisoner, while smarting under the law by the hand of the Spirit, is made meet to receive the Message and Messenger of God, telling of its Justification and Righteousness before God, this is part of the Good News or Glad Tidings that the Gospel brings to Justified sinners, and then Faith is the evidence that these things are true, they are done and made real to our soul; And it does not matter if we believe not because his or her unbelief cannot make their Justification before God not true, not a fact, because the Truth of it does not depend on the act of the captive, for its a true fact even while the captive is in unbelief and before he believes it, though at last unbelief will be overcome by the Spirit of God, for it is written: " THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH", and all for whom Christ died has been made Just Rom 5:19b and the SHALL means God shall make sure of it, and because of the superlative preparatory work of the Spirit upon the Heart and Mind of the Elect sinner with the Law of God, giving the sinner to know and experience its captivity, it sets the foundation for these words to come to pass Isa 61:1

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

They have made that way by the Spirit !

Lk 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

That word deliverance is the greek word aphesis and means:

a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

forgiveness, pardon, of sins (properly, the letting them go, as if they had not been committed (see at length Trench, § xxxiii.)), remission of their penalty:

This spells Justification from sin ! Thats why its good news to them, for the Spirit makes them prepared by convicting them of their sinfulness before God and Helplessness by the Law working in their members sin and death !

beloved57

The Righteousness of Faith !

The Righteousness of Faith !

Rom 10:6

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above )

Rom 9:30

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

The Righteousness which is of Faith , is that because of Righteousness Imputed , which is only revealed to the Spiritual Grace of Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Uderstand, that Faith is a Grace of the Spirit Gal 5:22 ! Naturally we are ignorant to it [Imputed Righteousness] and therefore as the natural jews did, we by nature go about to establish our own Righteousness Rom 10:3

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Now even though Paul was speaking of the jews here, what is stated is nevertheless befitting for all men by nature.

By nature we all trust in some kind of work, action or performance that we do as the key factor in becoming Justified before God.

Paul's point indeed when speaking of the natural jews, Abraham's natural descendants Rom 10:3-6; 9:30-32 ! Also here in Rom 9:32

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

The main reason for that was because they were not born of the Spirit and did not have the Fruit of Faith that only He gives Gal 5:22, and God witheld the Gift of Faith from them on purpose, so that they would stumble at the Word of Faith 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

But the Righteousness of Faith is that Righteousness we have as a Free Gift of Imputation because of Christ, and its revealed or made known to God given Faith ! Rom 1:17 !

beloved57

The faith of God's elect !

The faith of God's elect !

Now understand something, Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, so therefore all who had Faith in the OT, had the Spirit of fruit of Faith from the Spirit, and without the Faith of the Spirit of Christ, man by nature has no true Faith in God in regards to Salvation; and this Faith out of the Spirit is limited to God's Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Note: Whenever talking about Salvation by Grace through Faith Eph 2:8 it only pertains to God's Elect !

And this goes for both testaments, for speaking of this faith, Paul quotes an OT Saint 2 Cor 4:13

13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Ps 116:10

10 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:

It could very well read" the same faith from the same Spirit "

For the word of Truth, the Gospel of Salvation is how faith cometh, also known as the word of Faith Rom 10:8

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Note: Thats why when it comes to Salvation, the Gospel is Preached to the already Saved thus hearing the Gospel of their Salvation cometh Faith, everyone that is saved, God sends them the Good News of their Salvation so they can hear about it and Live by Faith, for the Just shall live by Faith Rom 1:16-17 !

This Word of Faith of the Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God to Faith, for it comes with power and the Spirit to the Chosen Elect, even though it may be proclaimed to all who is in the physical hearing of it 1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

When the Elect are sent the Gospel of their Salvation, it comes to them, not in word only, but also in Power and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance, making them believers, to live by Faith ! Thats proof of their Election, and hence the Faith of God's Elect is made manifest Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

The Apostles mainly were sent to get the Word to God's Elect 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Folks, Salvation which is in Christ Jesus is only for them, the Elect !

beloved57

Faith and Perseverance go together !

Faith and Perseverance go together !

Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Its given to believe on Him and to suffer, One of the accompanying virtues of God given Faith to believe on the Name of Christ for Salvation, is perseverance or the ability to stay a course of action, a purpose, or a state , n spite of difficulties and suffering ! In this case its for the words sake, be it the Living Word,Christ or the Written Word, His Truth. Now if a man or women who claims to have Faith in Christ, but yet because of the fire of persecution or suffering 1 Pet 1:7, they begin to fall away, that person was not given Faith or the ability to believe by God, because if so, an accompanying virtue would be to endure suffering for the words sake. Lets read something here Lk 8:13

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

That word temptation peirasmos means:

iv.adversity, affliction, trouble: sent by God and serving to test or prove one's character, faith, holiness

Mk 4:5-6

5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:

6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The word offended, the greek word skandalizō and does mean:

I.to put a stumbling block or impediment in the way, upon which another may trip and fall, metaph. to offend

i.to cause to fall away

But those who Truly have been given Faith by God to believe, they shall successfully suffer persecution 2 Tim 3:12

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Because the Just shall live by Faith in the word and shall because of it suffer persecution, and they do not fall away in persecution, but indeed persevere in patience as here Lk 8:15

15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Understand, those who may have received the Truth initially like here in Matt 13:20

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

But later they draw back like here Heb 10:38

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

That means they were not nothing but stony heart hearers in the first place, who had no root, and consequently showing that they had not been given by God to believe and suffer for Christ's sake as Per Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

beloved57

Faith and Perseverance go together !2

Faith and Perseverance go together !2

So in essence Phil 1:29 is an declaration that it has been given to be Faithful to the Faith of Christ, that we continue in the Faith inspite of severe persecution for the words sake, such perseverance is an token that our Faith in Christ has been given by God, because it gives us to both believe and suffer, which equates to Perseverance and Faithfulness, which things accompany salvation Heb 6:9

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. or

Heb 10:38-39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Notice there are a group called Of them who dont draw back. That means they do not "A.of those who from timidity hesitate to avow what they believe"

They do not depart from the Faith of what they believe, or apostatize, but remain faithful !

Of those which Jesus says Rev 2:10

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer[Phil 1:29]: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Its said about an certain individual Rev 2:13

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

All chosen in Christ before the foundation are called the Faithful Eph 1:1,4

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Understand, being faith is the result of this Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Both believe and suffer are in the present tense active. The present tense denotes a continual kind of action, so they are given to be continually believing and to be continually suffering !

The word faithful in Eph 1:1 pistos actually means :

properly, faithful (loyalty to faith; literally, fullness of faith); typically, of believing the faith God imparts.

In other words, the believing that God gives causes faithfulness, loyalty to the cause of Christ !

For it is only suitable that a God given Faith or believing would cause one to be faithful to the end 1 Pet 1:7-9

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

beloved57

Believing on Christ is not of the will of man !

Believing on Christ is not of the will of man !

Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

One must be born of God to believe on His Name, such it has been given to them to do that as Per Phil 1:29

Its a right or privilege given to some to believe on His Name !

Believing on Christ is not of the will of man but of God, this is confirmed also here 2 Cor 3:5

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Paul in things Spiritual, even denies having the sufficiency or ability to even think anything of themselves, meaning things related to God and the Gospel and Ministry ! The sufficiency came from God !

That word sufficient is the greek word hikanos:

(a) considerable, sufficient, of number, quantity, time, (b) of persons: sufficiently strong (good, etc.), worthy, suitable, with various constructions, (c) many, much.

It means not to be adequate in ourselves, lacking the ability !

The word think is logizomai and means:

I reckon, count, charge with; reason, decide, conclude; think, suppose.

to suppose, deem, judge:

This has to do with the mind, to understand in the mind, to put together !

Now who can deny that believing the Gospel takes reason, judgment, for believing is the result of having the mind persuaded which means:

to induce to believe by appealing to reason or understanding; convince

Thinking comes before the act of believing, for no one believes anything before thinking reasonable about it, in order to believe it !

And Paul as well as other True believers deny that they has ability, sufficence of themselves to think in these sacred matters and duties !

The Sufficiency, adequacy, comes from God, the Holy Spirit !

beloved57

Faith or Believing is a Good Work !

Faith or Believing is a Good Work !

Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Believing on Christ, is one of the Good Works that we as New Creations hath of God been Created that we should walk in !

The word works is the greek word ergon and means:

/érgon ("work") is a deed (action) that carries out (completes) an inner desire (intension, purpose).

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied
1. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking
2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
3. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

We were Created to walk in the steps of Faithful Abraham as his Children Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Remember when Jesus said this Matt 3:9

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Thats what God did, in order to keep His Promise to Abraham to give him a believing seed. That word raise , as in raise up in Matt 3:9, it is the greek word egeirō and means:

I.to arouse, cause to rise
A.
to arouse from sleep, to awake

B.
to arouse from the sleep of death, to recall the dead to life

C.
to cause to rise from a seat or bed etc.

D.
to raise up, produce, cause to appear
i.
to cause to appear, bring before the public

ii.
to raise up, stir up, against one

iii.
to raise up i.e. cause to be born

iv.
of buildings, to raise up, construct, erect

Interesting enough to produce also means as a verb :

to create, bring forth, or yield offspring, products,

And so believers are God given Offspring to Abraham, given according to His Promise Gen 17:2-5

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

And so, believers are Abraham's Seed according to Promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Remember Jesus said to some jews who boasted of being Abraham's seed according to the flesh ? Jn 8:39

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Meaning they would do this Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Thats because, they would have been also like Abraham was Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created or produced in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

So Faith or Believing is Good Work that identifies us as a Child of Abraham !

beloved57

Faith is but the fruit of that abundant Life Christ the Shepherd gives to all the Sheep for whom He died. Jesus expressly stated that a purpose of His coming should result in Him giving Life to His Sheep Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they [The Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The word that is the conjunction hina and means:

I.that, in order that, so that

It denotes purpose and end, the Sheep having abundant Life is the stated end and purpose of God for Christ the Shepherd coming into the world.

So now if His coming into the World does not result or end in every last one of His Sheep receiving Life and it more abundantly, He has failed His Fathers Purpose, and the statement He made here has been proven a lie. However This abundant Life that is purposed for them comes through Him giving them His Spirit as He quickens them to New Life 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [The Shepherd of the Sheep]was made a quickening spirit. or :

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

For that answers to His Purpose for coming for His Sheep, and He was raised from the dead specifically as the what according to Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Thats right, He was raised from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and so He becomes to them, by sending His Spirit to them, a Life giving Spirit, giving them abundant Life, and because its His Spirit being given them through Him, of which Faith is the fruit of Gal 5:22, then Faith is an evidence of having been given Life from Christ, and that more abundantly !

This is what Paul means, as one of The Sheep, He was given this abundant Life from Christ to believe 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

The result of Christ coming for the Sheep Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If we never believe, then simply, it was because Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57

Faith is but the fruit of that abundant Life Christ the Shepherd gives to all the Sheep for whom He died. Jesus expressly stated that a purpose of His coming should result in Him giving Life to His Sheep Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they [The Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The word that is the conjunction hina and means:

I.that, in order that, so that

It denotes purpose and end, the Sheep having abundant Life is the stated end and purpose of God for Christ the Shepherd coming into the world.

So now if His coming into the World does not result or end in every last one of His Sheep receiving Life and it more abundantly, He has failed His Fathers Purpose, and the statement He made here has been proven a lie. However This abundant Life that is purposed for them comes through Him giving them His Spirit as He quickens them to New Life 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [The Shepherd of the Sheep]was made a quickening spirit. or :

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

For that answers to His Purpose for coming for His Sheep, and He was raised from the dead specifically as the what according to Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Thats right, He was raised from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and so He becomes to them, by sending His Spirit to them, a Life giving Spirit, giving them abundant Life, and because its His Spirit being given them through Him, of which Faith is the fruit of Gal 5:22, then Faith is an evidence of having been given Life from Christ, and that more abundantly !

This is what Paul means, as one of The Sheep, He was given this abundant Life from Christ to believe 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

The result of Christ coming for the Sheep Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Nanja

Yes. These are the goats of whom Christ will declare "I never knew you" Mat. 7:23 KJV

For only the sins of the the Sheep were laid upon Him. John 10:11 KJV.
The "us all" in Isaiah 53:6 KJV is referring to Christ's Sheep; but not the goats.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes. These are the goats of whom Christ will declare "I never knew you" Mat. 7:23 KJV

For only the sins of the the Sheep were laid upon Him. John 10:11 KJV.
The "us all" in Isaiah 53:6 KJV is referring to Christ's Sheep; but not the goats.

~~~~~

Exactly ! :up:

beloved57

Faith a witness given !

Faith a witness given !

Faith also is the witness that we are righteous [by another] before God Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

We believe this witness is that of the Spirit that Abel obtained Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

The Children of God by Faith Gal 3:26 !

Now remember, all for whom Christ died , meaning His Obedience unto death Rom 5:19 ; Phil 2:8 and by that they are made Righteous, and so as an evidence of having been declared Righteous because of His Obedience unto the Cross, Faith is the fruit thereof, and none have the right to believe on Christ, not unless His death made them Righteous; So ones Faith in Christ is not what made them Righteous, but is given in New Life and Birth to be an evidence/witness of having been made and declared Righteous, because of Christ's Obedience Rom 5:19b; now the antichrist followers attempt to twist this Truth, as they attempt to deify the so called freewill of man !

beloved57

Believe because of Grace !

Believe because of Grace !

Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

The word through is the prep dia :

(a) gen: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

Paul acknowledges that he is a believer/apostle by the Grace of God 1 Cor 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

We become believers by Grace because the Grace is bestowed upon us and it begins its work in us, as it did with Paul. Its an effectual work Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

That word given means the same thing as bestowed upon in 1 Cor 15:10 its the greek word didōmi:

I.
to give

II.
to give something to someone
A.
of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage
i.
to bestow a gift

All for whom Christ died have this Gift of God's Grace bestowed upon them Rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Abounded here means to have been bestowed upon them, or hath been bestowed upon many !

And its by this Grace, God's effectual power at work in us, that we believe ! Paul says the same thing in Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Again, we believe according to, or in sync with, or in agreement with, or in consonance with and by means of the working of His Mighty Power !

So thats what is meant by believing because of Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

To say that men believe by their own freewill choice is an outright attack upon the Grace and Power of God !

Nanja

Acts 18:27

The word through is the prep dia :

(a) gen: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

Paul acknowledges that he is a believer/apostle by the Grace of God 1 Cor 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

We become believers by Grace because the Grace is bestowed upon us and it begins its work in us, as it did with Paul. Its an effectual work Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

That word given means the same thing as bestowed upon in 1 Cor 15:10 its the greek word didōmi:

I.
to give

II.
to give something to someone
A.
of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage
i.
to bestow a gift

All for whom Christ died have this Gift of God's Grace bestowed upon them Rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Abounded here means to have been bestowed upon them, or hath been bestowed upon many !

And its by this Grace, God's effectual power at work in us, that we believe ! Paul says the same thing in Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Again, we believe according to, or in sync with, or in agreement with, or in consonance with and by means of the working of His Mighty Power !

So thats what is meant by believing because of Grace Acts 18:27

To say that men believe by their own freewill choice is an outright attack upon the Grace and Power of God !

Definitely!

~~~~~

beloved57

Faith is a promise of the Gospel !

Faith is a promise of the Gospel !

That Faith is a Promise of the Gospel, to be Justified by Faith is a Promise, instead of Faith being a condition man meets and performs to get Justified, which is what the antichrist followers teach.

How it faith, is a promise, and those whom Christ died for receive it, this we know by that Gospel Promise to Abraham Gen 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

For Paul quotes this as an Gospel Promise to Abraham Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So God , having determined to Justify the heathen through Faith, is the foundation on which He said to Abraham in Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now who can deny that from this, the Promised Blessing is for God to Justify the heathen through Faith, for , Justification by Faith is given with Christ Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

And Justification by Faith is given to all the Seed Isa 53:10 ; Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The seed here does include Gentiles Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Thats why also it is written, The Just shall live by Faith ! To Live by Faith is a Promise of the Gospel !