Fasting thread

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
@Idolater I came across a new MD I'm quite impressed with. He was formerly strict carnivore but was humble enough to be open minded enough to grow and change. I have altered my diet a bit because of him. His YouTube channel is called CarnivoreMD. Let me know what you think about him.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
@Idolater I came across a new MD I'm quite impressed with. He was formerly strict carnivore but was humble enough to be open minded enough to grow and change. I have altered my diet a bit because of him. His YouTube channel is called CarnivoreMD. Let me know what you think about him.
Thanks for the tip; I'll check it out.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
How "carnivore" are you Jefferson? This CarnivoreMD guy was saying that he (of course!) ate liver, kidney and heart, do you eat those organs? He even went on to say that he realized he needed to eat like the spleen and pancreas too, like the liver, kidneys and heart weren't enough lol! Is that what you're into? That is ... extremely interesting.

I c. water fasted six straight days last week. 156 hours.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
How "carnivore" are you Jefferson?
About 15% of my calories comes from fruit and/or honey. I never eat any vegetables, nuts, or seeds.
This CarnivoreMD guy was saying that he (of course!) ate liver, kidney and heart, do you eat those organs? He even went on to say that he realized he needed to eat like the spleen and pancreas too, like the liver, kidneys and heart weren't enough lol! Is that what you're into?
Yes.
That is ... extremely interesting.
It's interesting to practice.
Wow. I've never done 6 days before.

I learned recently that a 3 day fast creates a new immune system. For that reason I'm going to do a 3 day fast once every year or two.

BTW, good to have you back. Sorry about the glitch.

Hoping

Banned
How "carnivore" are you Jefferson? This CarnivoreMD guy was saying that he (of course!) ate liver, kidney and heart, do you eat those organs? He even went on to say that he realized he needed to eat like the spleen and pancreas too, like the liver, kidneys and heart weren't enough lol! Is that what you're into? That is ... extremely interesting.

Did God have anything for you, or us, during your fast?
Or was your "fast" not about hearing from God?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
That really surprises me.
If I didn't suspect from having read some of your earlier comments in this thread that you are trolling him, it would really surprise me that you would say that.
What did you hope to gain from fasting?
My guess is that, if for no other reason, people fast because they, by experience, have come to consider it beneficial to their health in one or more ways. Wouldn't you guess as much?

Hoping

Banned
If I didn't suspect from having read some of your earlier comments in this thread that you are trolling him, it would really surprise me that you would say that..
It seems like it was along time ago that I even saw this thread.
My guess is that, if for no other reason, people fast because they, by experience, have come to consider it beneficial to their health in one or more ways. Wouldn't you guess as much?
Yes, but I wondered what kind of health benefits.

Hoping

Banned
Thanks for the info.
Though I have fasted as a type 1 diabetic without any problems, (once), it sorta scares me.
I guess the only way to test the theories regarding fasting for non-religious benefits is to just jump in...with food on standby.
Thanks again.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Fasting is about the best way to lose weight that I've ever experienced.

I've started restricting my eating to six hours a day (2pm - 8pm) on most days and occasionally (once or twice a week) I'll skip eating that day entirely.

I've lost 18 pounds so far and it doesn't just jump right back on me if I go back to eating like a normal person for a while. That's especially true after a 24-30 hour fast. It seems to reset whatever my body thinks is its "normal" weight.

I've never done a fast for anything longer than about 36 hours. I can do 24 hours pretty easily but it seems like three days would be really hard.

As for religious fasting, I'm more or less against it. "Prayer and fasting" is mentioned as part of the process that Paul and Barnabas went through when appointing elders at various churches but, based on the follow facts....
  • Every other mention of fasting has to do with Israel
  • Barnabas was a Jew saved under the previous dispensation of Law and was not a member of the Body of Christ
  • There isn't any mention of fasting as a religious practice after Paul and Barnabas went their separate ways
.....that practice seems to have been a concession that was made in the early days of the transition from Israel to the Body of Christ, similar to what Paul did when he preformed the ceremony of purification when he went to Jerusalem.

Also, why people who are saved by grace would look to their flesh to grow their relationship with God just seems obviously self-contradictory and self-defeating. At best, it might have some benefit in respect to gaining a higher level of self-control and healthfulness but anyone who thinks that the power of God (or some other sort of mystical/spiritual/miraculous power or energy or whatever else you want to call it) is switched on because they've fasted is practicing something other than biblical Christianity.

Clete