Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

Arthur Brain

Well, the freak show that is the Trump administration is in its final hours. I am not an American, but I cannot imagine how unbelievably embarrassing these last 4 years have been for your country. But the realm of Sauron has ended (or will end in about 18 hours). Much respect to those who have endured this time with a modicum of dignity, believing that, as it has indeed turned out, the institutions of American democracy would survive this time of complete and utter lunacy. Thankfully, the world will wake up to a more sane world on January 21st.

Well, saner at least...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The most privileged sector of American citizens - White Christians - live in a perpetual state of grievance politics.

What do you care? You ain't part of it.

Also..... Privileged because we fear God.

You can read more about it if you read Job.

expos4ever

Which streets would those be - Canadian?
From CBC (a mainstream news network):

Several thousand people gathered Saturday in downtown Montreal to hear speeches from conspiracy theorists and anti-vaccine activists, in one of the largest demonstrations to date against the Quebec government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The march began outside Premier François Legault's Montreal office, and at one point stretched more than six city blocks. It attracted people of all ages, and from a wide-variety of mindsets.

Hare Krishnas marched alongside Christian fundamentalists and supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump. Others held signs about the 5G internet network, or perceived corruption at the United Nations.

"I decided to come today to say 'enough,'" said Montrealer Andrée David, 75. "We've been manipulated enough."

The most popular symbols at the protest — be it on t-shirts, placards or flags — belonged to QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory started in the United States that claims a satanic, pedophile cabal secretly controls the U.S. government, if not the entire world

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
From CBC (a mainstream news network):

Several thousand people gathered Saturday in downtown Montreal to hear speeches from conspiracy theorists and anti-vaccine activists, in one of the largest demonstrations to date against the Quebec government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The march began outside Premier François Legault's Montreal office, and at one point stretched more than six city blocks. It attracted people of all ages, and from a wide-variety of mindsets.

Hare Krishnas marched alongside Christian fundamentalists and supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump. Others held signs about the 5G internet network, or perceived corruption at the United Nations.

"I decided to come today to say 'enough,'" said Montrealer Andrée David, 75. "We've been manipulated enough."

The most popular symbols at the protest — be it on t-shirts, placards or flags — belonged to QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory started in the United States that claims a satanic, pedophile cabal secretly controls the U.S. government, if not the entire world
Good luck with that Alberta economy

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
1) In what world is that an ad hominem?
2) Did you not say that you weren't a Christian?

No, I never said I wasn't a Christian.

Instead of attacking the argument (White Christians are the most privileged sector/live in a perpetual state of persecution), you attacked me.

I usually ignore those kinds of ad homs, but since you recently admonished me for an ad hom that actually wasn't one (re: Trump), it's worth a mention.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Evasion noted.
What you posted I was well aware of. The CBC (radio) is my primary news source. BBC and Deutsche Vella on the overnight. Hate AfricaLink.

And I strongly suspect that Canadians will soon learn to dislike Joe Biden and the havoc he will wreak upon your economy.

Last edited: