First Day of School Today

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It went well (for a change). Jess finished today and tomorrow's math without my permission (IOW she did today's as assigned and finished tomorrow's before the time was up). She likes her history book this year (YAY!!!!!). This is coming from the child who for the last three years stated, "I hate history!" She says her literature is too easy (I knew that. She's got a college reading level in the eighth grade), her English sux, and her science is boring. She wants me to buy her a Bible curriculum instead of having her read 5 chapters a day and write a summary paragraph. :) She also says that her vocabulary/spelling words are too easy.

I think we're off to a good start. What do you think?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Sounds good so far :)

Yeah that basic science stuff my daughter is in at 3rd grade is an absolute yawn, but she is a trooper, and the promises of chemistry await : mom's glee : :D

What is yours covering in history this year? Do you foresee any rough patches for this 6 weeks?

I think mine is going to be a doctor, judging by her penmanship ...

WOW! Yours has her reading down :) WooHoo!!!!! You must be a proud mama :)

Do you have The Plot? (Although I really like your idea about reading/sumerizing)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh
Sounds good so far :)

Yeah that basic science stuff my daughter is in at 3rd grade is an absolute yawn, but she is a trooper, and the promises of chemistry await : mom's glee : :D

What is yours covering in history this year? Do you foresee any rough patches for this 6 weeks?

I think mine is going to be a doctor, judging by her penmanship ...

WOW! Yours has her reading down :) WooHoo!!!!! You must be a proud mama :)

Do you have The Plot? (Although I really like your idea about reading/sumerizing)

Jess is thirteen and in the eighth grade. :) Her penmanship is terrible as well. They didn't teach her to hold her pencil right in kindergarten and she won't change at all now.

We're doing world history this year. I was thinking about doing our family tree because I have a few interesting (and famous) ancestors and relatives. But, she seems to have picked up an interest in the Middle Ages now. We might spend some time with this. I don't foresee any trouble so far because my favorite historical period has been the Middle Ages for a while now. :)

I don't have The Plot yet. If things work out financially, I'm planning on getting it this school year sometime.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
ooooo The Middle Ages :) I can see why she is interested :D

LOL Maybe they will both aspire to being doctors. Mine just had her first penmanship test... I have no idea where to begin on grading a creature like that. They give examples, but : shakes head laughing: I don't want to be too hard because it *is* readable now, so there is a huge improvement but, it still looks like chicken scratch.. what is one to do?

Are you thinking along the lines of the printed Plot or the Audio?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hi Nori, we started our homeschooling 2 weeks ago. The kids slid right into the schedule without any problems, they were actually looking forward to it.

Here is a thread I started that you might find interesting.