First Lady sticks it to the Saudis

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In 2010 - Michelle did wear one - i believe her being criticized for that (being accused of being muslim, is what led to her not wearing one this time. (lots of first ladies havent worn one, this is not a new thing)

Obama-mosque-4.jpg

elohiym

This is what she wore:

That's inappropriate for their culture. Does she not have advisers?

As opposed to what Bush wears when he goes there:

Look at the bottom of the image directly below the face of his Secretary of State. She is wearing a long dress.

. . . And does when he goes there. . .

Male friends hold hands in their culture. You can see that everywhere in Saudi. It's not about homosexuality, which they have been known to punish publicly with flogging. They just don't draw the same connection with men holding hands that you do. But I can understand where you are coming from because I, too, was surprised by the custom when I was there.

shagster01

That's inappropriate for their culture. Does she not have advisers?

Look at the bottom of the image directly below the face of his Secretary of State. She is wearing a long dress.

Male friends hold hands in their culture. You can see that everywhere in Saudi. It's not about homosexuality, which they have been known to punish publicly with flogging. They just don't draw the same connection with men holding hands that you do. But I can understand where you are coming from because I, too, was surprised by the custom when I was there.

I am not accusing Bush of being gay. . .

In all honesty, like bybee and anna, I could care less what who wears where or why (That was a fun sentance to type). My point was just that all this junk about the Obamas being secret Muslims and Muslim sympathizers is just that. . . junk. They both offend and bridge gaps just like those who came before them.

Michelle did something right for once. Give her a cookie.

Actually, I really like her help with proper nutrition; every time I need to loose weight I put a picture of her on my fridge....