For all the idiots who vote Republican

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

during a town meeting in Hopkinton, N.H., on Oct. 10, 2011, Romney answered a question about his position on abortion this way:

"What I would like to see happen would be for the Supreme Court to say, look, we’re going to overturn Roe v. Wade and return to the states the authority to decide whether they want to have abortion or not, state by state. That’s the way it was before Roe v. Wade. So I am firmly pro-life."

Source

His position was quite similar to...Ron Paul's :noway:

thank you for that

I am sure the barbarian knew that

shagster01

In essence this is what Jr. was asking: "Would you vote for the mass murdering fag Hitler who would run on today's Libertarian Party ticket to keep the mass murderer Joe Stalin from winning the Presidency on the Democratic ticket?"

I'd vote for neither.

Hitler is the opposite of a libertarian. Show me a libertarian that thinks Jews shouldn't have liberty.

Lexington'96

Hitler is the opposite of a libertarian. Show me a libertarian that thinks Jews shouldn't have liberty.

But that doesn't matter because ACW sees both of them as "bad guys." When it comes to morality it is ACW on one side and the Communist, Nazi, Libertarian, Muslim, Democrat, Homosexual, ACLU members on the other. There is no middle ground.

Christian Liberty

during a town meeting in Hopkinton, N.H., on Oct. 10, 2011, Romney answered a question about his position on abortion this way:

"What I would like to see happen would be for the Supreme Court to say, look, we’re going to overturn Roe v. Wade and return to the states the authority to decide whether they want to have abortion or not, state by state. That’s the way it was before Roe v. Wade. So I am firmly pro-life."

Source

His position was quite similar to...Ron Paul's :noway:

I disagree.

Ron Paul has always been consistent with his position on constititutional grounds. I can see how you could argue that the 14th amendment would allow for the Federal banning of abortion, but Ron doesn't buy that argument (and much as I might like to, I'm not convinced of it either). He's always been consistently pro-life at the state level. He has never voted to support abortion at any level. Romney, by contrast, is an opportunist. I know that today's Republicans are such political pragmatists as to be willing to condone this because "he's better than the other guy and he was pressured by a liberal state" but Romney nonetheless actually voted to fund abortions in Massachusettes. And then he flip flopped when he ran for President. Ron Paul has never done this. He's been an honest man and a suppporter of liberty from the very beginning. Do I wish he'd listen to the more theologically conservative side of his support base more often and the left-leaning libertarians* less often? Yes. But, is there a difference between an honest Christian libertarian who's wrong on a handful of issues and an opportunist that is pro-government involvement in almost everything and can't actually be pinned to a position on anything at all? absolutely yes

*Not all libertarians are left-leaning, I'm talking about a subset.
But that doesn't matter because ACW sees both of them as "bad guys." When it comes to morality it is ACW on one side and the Communist, Nazi, Libertarian, Muslim, Democrat, Homosexual, ACLU members on the other. There is no middle ground.

Pretty much, and its:dizzy:

Christian Liberty

yeah, i would

but i have more german blood in me than russian

and not much jewish at all

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Res just likes Biblical law because it would give him an excuse to kills homosexuals (and I think Res overestimates how much an ability it would give him to do that just as many anti-theonomists do.) Its very easy to see when he switches between humanistic and Biblical reasoning, and he does the former more than the latter.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
His position was quite similar to...Ron Paul's

Mitt's position on abortion depends on who he's talking to, the season, and perhaps the barometric pressure. If you wait long enough, he'll agree with whatever your position is.