Forgiveness

Rimi

I don't know why, but it always amazes me to find Christian don't know that God can hate and even not forgive (Sodom, anyone? Gomorrah?). And when you show them verses of this in action, they nearly froth at the mouth. Having always been told God's love is unconditional and then seeing in His word that that's not necessaryily the case, they just don't deal with His reality too well.

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rimi said:
Truppenzwei, you need to read those verses I just mentioned. Really.
Dude, I've read them, Leviticus is my favourite book. You need to read my posts and understand the distinction I made.

It always amazes me that people can read the Bible and yet still not know God.

God's love for mankind IS unconditional - read the Bible, it will tell you that this is true. The fact that God loves us does NOT mean that we do not have to face the consequences of our sin. God will take no joy in any soul that goes to hell.

temple2006

Rimi.....Please answer my question. What is the difference between divine and REALLY divine? And I did not ask if you believe God is unconditional love...I asked if you believe that unconditional love exists.

Rimi

Truppenzwei said:
Dude, I've read them, Leviticus is my favourite book. You need to read my posts and understand the distinction I made.

It always amazes me that people can read the Bible and yet still not know God.

God's love for mankind IS unconditional - read the Bible, it will tell you that this is true. The fact that God loves us does NOT mean that we do not have to face the consequences of our sin. God will take no joy in any soul that goes to hell.

Then you're calling God a liar when He said His soul would abhor the Israelites. That doesn't sound like unconditional love.

Rimi

temple 2000 said:
Rimi.....Please answer my question. What is the difference between divine and REALLY divine? And I did not ask if you believe God is unconditional love...I asked if you believe that unconditional love exists.

Temple, I was being facetious. Yes forgiving is like God, but it is not like God when we don't see a repentent person first before forgiving. All we do is teach that person, Hey, you hurt me and I have to forgive you and you can keep on being the hurtful snot you've always been! Jesse Ventura learned that lesson from Christians. And you know what? He'll probably go to hell not JUST because He rejected Christ but certain Christians helped to hell in bad teaching on repentence and forgiveness.

Rimi

Temple, no I do not believe there is such a thing as unconditional love in every single relationship. Between God the Father and God the Son, sure.