freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Praying in the Spirit......

Praying in the Spirit......

~*~*~

Reflections on our spiritual prayer language, which serves the individual and community in lifting our consciousness Godward.

My commentary on tongues here.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A matter of tuning......

A matter of tuning......

Methinks your "cosmic cafe" might have The Hitchiker's Guide To the Galaxy on a shelf somewhere?

Hi theo,

I'm sure we do, among other wonderful volumes in our little library nook, and in various book shelves around the lounge. On an even grander scale you can access the akashic records as well ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
From Akasha.......

From Akasha.......

What about Edgar Cayce ?

Indeed :)

I have the book 'Edgar Cayce's Story of Jesus' on my desk now.

We had a thread on him a while back, it was asking if he was a true prophet. He gave hundreds of medical recommendations while in trance and much religious/philosophical teachings, revealing much also about the life of Jesus, Joseph, John, Mary among the Essenes, etc. As you may know his 'Association for Research and Enlightenment' (A.R.E.) contintues to this day. He got much of his information from the Akashic records.

Another work claiming to be from the Akashic records is The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ....which I sometimes quote from ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
zazeb!

zazeb!

And the there's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. That's an interesting read.

:)

Yes,....I've also got a lot of books on Zen Buddhism, that I've yet to read,....you know how books in your library begin to build up, as you collect more books, but find yourself not having the time to catch up on them. Then having many kindle fire tablets,...you can get kindle versions of books, if you're into the e-reading thing :) - but then you can carry a whole library of books on your tablet wherever you go ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progress notes......

Progress notes......

~*~*~

freelight router update:

Still 'Going in Circles' with the 'hell' issue and 'eternal conscious torment' (ECT) here. Its still amazing that this 'belief' continues, in light of a 'God' whose all supreme power and will is for the salvation and restoration of all. This is why I hold the views of 'conditional immortality' and 'universalism' as more tenable/reasonable than the traditional concept of ECT. There are also views worth looking over in the realm of possibilities and potentials respecting soul progress and destiny.

Universalism - an alternative biblical view

I'll also be adding some video content to my 'Disclosure Project' thread soon, and any updates on 'exopolitics' or 'UFO research' fronts :)

~*~*~

Using your Intelligence (here I take on TulipBee on the subject of 'biblical inerrancy', showing that a religious book does NOT have to be 'infallible' or 'inerrant' to have meaning or be of religious value).

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The KJV-Only view is indefensible...............

The KJV-Only view is indefensible...............

King James Bible

Just in case you're still "believing" that the KJV is the only true 'version' or best 'translation' of the Bible, we've refuted this many places here on the forum already. One of the threads where I've shared many videos/resources on this has been deleted,..but the current Battle Royale XIV does a good job of refuting the KJV Only position here.

Also: Is the KJB Infallible? KJOnlyism exposed

James White, besides his book "The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust Modern Translations? " takes on the issue in the video series below refuting Sam Gipp's KJV-Only presentation -

What's the Big Deal with King James Onlyism? Part 1

What's the Big Deal with King James Onlyism? Part 2

What's the Big Deal with King James Onlyism? Part 3

What's the Big Deal with King James Onlyism? Part 4

What's the Big Deal with King James Onlyism? Part 5

Older KJV Only resource sites here & here.

PureX

And the there's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. That's an interesting read.

Even better, to my mind, is his next book "Lila". It's similar, but focuses more specifically on the concept of quality. It was written 20 years later, and is also a travelogue mixed with a philosophical discourse: a boat trip down the Hudson River (after the death of his son) with a woman he picks up as a kind of incidental hitch-hiker along the way. "Lila" is not the woman's name. It's a Sanskrit word meaning "gods at play".

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Even better, to my mind, is his next book "Lila". It's similar, but focuses more specifically on the concept of quality. It was written 20 years later, and is also a travelogue mixed with a philosophical discourse: a boat trip down the Hudson River (after the death of his son) with a woman he picks up as a kind of incidental hitch-hiker along the way. "Lila" is not the woman's name. It's a Sanskrit word meaning "gods at play".

:thumb:

We could all use a little zazen! ;)

Some aspects of zen Buddhism are pretty close to the Vedic school of Advaita Vedanta (non-duality), so its cool to compare and synthesize these approaches at times.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
reading in the Koran.....

reading in the Koran.....

~*~*~

For those interested in a debate of myself (Greg Jennings engaged the discussion earlier to which I add) and Apple7 over a particular passage in the Koran, in Al-Fitahah 1.2 which traditionally reads -

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,

See this page 28 (onwards) in the "Muslim here, ask me a question" thread.

My challenge with the translation is summed up here (single post summary linking to others)

The poster listed above contends that the term "rabb alamin' should be translated or interpreted as "Lord of the jinn', as opposed to "Lord of the worlds" (which naturally includes jinn, mankind and all that exists), AND that this 'interpretation' somehow makes Allah out to be 'satan' or a 'devil', since this would make him 'Lord of the jinn' as well. This does not hold at all, since the fact of God's Lordship over all beings (this includes satans, devils, demons) does not make God a 'Big Daddy Devil' or 'Satan',.....its just absurd.

There is more to this, but the links are above for any interested in the discussion, and any are welcome to chime in after assessing the dialogue with their own conclusions ;)

For many different translations of Al-Fatihah (The Opening of the Koran) 1.2 go here

From a pure monotheistic perspective, the Koran upholds the singularity and exclusive oneness of Deity, as all praise and worship is given to God Alone, and its primary theme is 'doing the will of God', singular devotion and submission to His will.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Blavatsky is NOT a 'satanist' as commonly defined

Blavatsky is NOT a 'satanist' as commonly defined

~*~*~

Currently addressing some claims of satan worship applied to Helen P. Blavatsky and Theosophy here, for those interested, as this is mostly a misconception heralded mostly by right wing conservatives. When it comes to 'lucifer' and 'satan' as far as understood and defined in esoteric or occult literature, we must understand how the terms are used and defined in the appropriate context, since some critics can quote things out of context and come to wrong conclusions.

We've also in the links above covered the controversy over the term 'lucifer' and what it means, and how it later got associated or identified with the person of 'satan' which takes some mental gymnastics and might seem to fit traditional theology, but doesn't hold on a variety of levels. Even Jesus called himself the 'morning star', which is the same root word meaning in the latin vulgate if you want to split hairs over this, so that we have many 'morning stars',....as even we can receive the 'morning star' when we overcome, and even the angels are called 'morning stars so the language is figurative, defined by the context in which it is used.

On that note, I have a nephew that goes to a private Christian school called 'Morning Star'....so its all good.

Don't forget,...'God' is LIGHT.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Where does the 'Urantia Book' (UB) fit into all this?

Where does the 'Urantia Book' (UB) fit into all this?

~*~*~

For those interested in a discourse on 'religion' from the Urantia Book (UB) perspective, go here - I add a commentary here, and observe and challenge that most followers of Jesus would agree with this discourse in spirit and principle. This is important to note, regardless of what book or source is sharing the information, even if its presented as a paraphrase of Jesus teaching. We look to the spirit, intent and principle of the message itself.

If any here have anything to share or add to the discourse and my observations, they are free to add their dialogue to the UB thread. For those aware of my commentary on the UB, who have honestly followed it, a better understanding of such in a unique and peculiar way may be appreciated, despite criticism and ridicule by some who are falsely accusing the UB to be associated with or as a 'UFO Cult'. I've challenged this misconception here and elsewhere.

For as subject more along the lines of UFO's and alien relations I have a thread 'The Disclosure Project' dealing more with 'exopolitics', UFO's and interplanetary relations...in the near or far future.

Anyways,... I'm far from being a UB fundamentalist, for it is only one interesting and significant tome in my religious library of studies and research,...my eclectic and broad all-inclusive reach includes many schools, paths and traditions who all share universal truths, values and principles, which is why I describe myself more as an 'eclectic theosophist', but this term is meant as a more liberal 'spin' on these themes. Not all things are 'literal', but 'figurative' ;) Theosophy itself has some universal principles which I do philosophically hold to, but this is just one school among the 'wisdom tradition' that nicely puts the 'ancient wisdom' into a well studied format and outline for students, from which each are then responsible to search and discover for themselves what is 'true'....since Truth alone is the teacher (revealed in spirit and principle).

This is why the Theosophical motto holds "There is no religion higher than truth".

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Sacred ground is wherever you are........

Sacred ground is wherever you are........

freelight,

You are a very gracious host.

I was happy to find "A Sand County Almanac" on your bookshelf as well. You have very eclectic tastes.

Thanks theo......

A Sand County Almanac

Yes, I believe we ought to take care of our natural environment (Mother Earth/Gaia), our lands, natural resources, and material home. Hence our worship of 'God' must include all creation, being good stewards of such. The kingdom of heaven must be realized here on earth, mirroring one another, the spiritual and the material, the invisible and visible, since one is a reflection or manifestation of the other, in some form, quality or attribute.

View attachment 21369

Explorations further on the relationship between creation & evolution here :)

theophilus

I also find two of Rachel Carson's books, "Silent Spring" and "Since Silent Spring."

OOH! And David Orr's "Earth in Mind."

Takes me back to my college days.

Maybe you ought to open a book shop?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I also find two of Rachel Carson's books, "Silent Spring" and "Since Silent Spring."

OOH! And David Orr's "Earth in Mind."

Takes me back to my college days.

Maybe you ought to open a book shop?

Its a side thought,...but even though I'm somewhat eclectic,...I seem to gravitate towards only some catagories of religion, metaphysics or spirituality while skimming over others, but they all connect in some way or another, it just depends on where my own individual compass is pointing me towards along the cosmic journey :)

Lets see, other than recent posts here which any can access to read thru,....I'm pretty much a free spirit, and going with the flow.....as the Spirit blows, and we don't know where it comes from or whither it goes, but can only see its effects in our experience. Spirit is omnipresent. How goes your spiritual journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.