freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizebeatz1

We touched on this from a previous question here, concerning the past life memories of children, and "rebirth" in general.

Most all the major world religions believe in some form of reincarnation or rebirth (a form or 'resurrection'), most expressly the eastern religious traditions, but some esoteric branches within Judaism, Islam and Christianity have accepted some form of rebirth.

I had my own Reincarnation thread some years ago, and also contributed to another, but these are no longer extant. To indulge the concept, do your own soul research into the probability and possibility of reincarnation. We would also add that both 'reincarnation' and 'resurrection' are similar depending on how we define or contextualize the terms. In 'resurrection' souls rise again,...the do so in 'reincarnation' as well, notwithstanding some changes in description.

I mostly research and explore the concept of rebirth philosophically, and am a bit liberal in my approach on it, while with some schools its accepted as a veritable truth, that all souls reincarnation or continue along a cycle of multiple incarnations until they are purified or perfected thru the trials of human experience. Each tradition may have a different spin or nuance on the 'process' and metaphysics involved, so enjoy researching yourself if interested :)

Reincarnation

What is your particular interest in inquiring on the subject?

Reincarnation of the Afterlife

Remember,....ask, seek and knock.....search out (re-search) all things,...and keep researching :thumb:

View attachment 24548

I also like to think about the idea that the DNA of our ancestors is embedded in us. Their traits have been passed down to us through the generations and some people are receptive enough to tap into this latent potential. The precocious child prodigy who is an expert at the piano for no good reason is an example. We could also be affected by history's warfare through the collective conscious and unconscious. Think about how much of what we inherit when we are young sticks with us until we pass it down to our own children. Parts of our DNA remain untapped and carry messages from one generation to the next. We are one of a number of different expressions and infinite number of combinations and possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I also like to think about the idea that the DNA of our ancestors is embedded in us. Their traits have been passed down to us through the generations and some people are receptive enough to tap into this latent potential. The precocious child prodigy who is an expert at the piano for no good reason is an example. We could also be affected by history's warfare through the collective conscious and unconscious. Think about how much of what we inherit when we are young sticks with us until we pass it down to our own children. Parts of our DNA remain untapped and carry messages from one generation to the next. We are one of a number of different expressions and infinite number of combinations and possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Yes,....so in a sense all is recycled :) - all energy, matter, even mind undergoes transformation. Physically there is 'cellular memory', so that our experience in the material world is recorded or embedded into our very cells, our blood, our family lineage, to one degree or another. The principle of reincarnation or rebirth on a soulical/spiritual level becomes more complex, yet its generally assumed a more permament aspect of man, the 'soul' is reincarnated over and over.....its the soul/spirit re-embodying itself per the laws of nature (taking on new personalities or developing a more permanent personality-base thru multiple life experiences), which are 'cyclic', so that a process of 'birth, death and rebirth' is the way of life. The life of Jesus in his transformational process mirrors the whole of nature and our own personal journey,....the incarnation, birth, life-experience, death, burial, resurrection and ascension.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes,....so in a sense all is recycled :) - all energy, matter, even mind undergoes transformation. Physically there is 'cellular memory', so that our experience in the material world is recorded or embedded into our very cells, our blood, our family lineage, to one degree or another. The principle of reincarnation or rebirth on a soulical/spiritual level becomes more complex, yet its generally assumed a more permament aspect of man, the 'soul' is reincarnated over and over.....its the soul/spirit re-embodying itself per the laws of nature (taking on new personalities or developing a more permanent personality-base thru multiple life experiences), which are 'cyclic', so that a process of 'birth, death and rebirth' is the way of life. The life of Jesus in his transformational process mirrors the whole of nature and our own personal journey,....the incarnation, birth, life-experience, death, burial, resurrection and ascension.

:alien: Take me to your leader earthling.

Prizebeatz1

freelight's cosmic cafe

Hi Freelight. Can we please talk about self-worth? How important of a subject is this in your opinion and why does it tend to be overlooked? What is your understanding of where it comes from, how it works? Also since there are many fundamental Christians on this site, how do you think it relates to the literal interpretation of Jesus?

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Worth-ship :)

Worth-ship :)

Hi Freelight. Can we please talk about self-worth? How important of a subject is this in your opinion and why does it tend to be overlooked? What is your understanding of where it comes from, how it works? Also since there are many fundamental Christians on this site, how do you think it relates to the literal interpretation of Jesus?

I think 'self-worth' is at the core of who one is, and is the heart-understanding of love. In face, 'worship' is the combination of 2 words....'worth' and 'ship'...therefore it denotes the recognition of value. Hence when we worship God we move into that consciousness-sphere of love, because love always sees and exalts the value of one's being, enlightening, inspiring, uplifting the soul! :)

If anything, Jesus being the perfect expression of God, revealing God in every way possible, both human and divine, is our exemplar of true worship, he calling us to walk in this perfect way, hence the path of the early followers of Jesus was called 'The Way' :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
freedom of choice........

freedom of choice........

Freelight, what is your stance on free will?

Hi pj,

This is an excellent question, but you know its been debated for centuries :)

I believe we do have some measure of actual freedom of choice in any given circumstance or context,....and of course all our choices, thoughts, words and deads have an effect and have consequences....so that we have a series of ongoing causes and effects which are ever arising in this realm of space-time, since the past is influencing the present, and the present effecting the future, so all is simultaneously arising with varying determining factors. So, as we use the term 'free will' loosely or generically,...it indicates we having some measure of freedom of choice, some exercise of will that enables self-responsibility (response-ability). So, do we have 'free will'? Of course,...but it depends on how we define and contextualize this 'free will', and we must see that any 'freedom of choice' is still limited within the context of possible choices that we can make at any given moment, within any particular circumstance. Further speculations and whole dissertations discuss all the different aspects of this on many different levels, using so many terms, etc.

With the liberal definition I gave above, do you believe we have some measure of 'free will'?

For more of my thoughts on 'karma' (actions and their consequences) see this thread here ;)

Zeke

How many can handle this matrix buster sandwich? Freewill in the realm of fraudulent programming isn't informed freewill, which leaves the perceptional illusions that infect the mind with a artifice to perceive from.

Epoisses

We are given a measure of free-will until we either make a decision for or against Christ. Once that point is reached and we understand that the work of Christ is finished and complete we become slaves to the will of God and our will is swallowed up in his. Those that reject Christ become slaves to the will of Satan. Ultimately we all become slaves to one master.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
How many can handle this matrix buster sandwich? Freewill in the realm of fraudulent programming isn't informed freewill, which leaves the perceptional illusions that infect the mind with a artifice to perceive from.

Hi Zeke,

with regard to the video about the ancient trees, being so huge and becoming petrified,....do you believe such, and in any particulars that the presenter is trying to show? I'm curious your take on her observations.

Zeke

Hi Zeke,

with regard to the video about the ancient trees, being so huge and becoming petrified,....do you believe such, and in any particulars that the presenter is trying to show? I'm curious your take on her observations.

Grain of salt with a lot of it, but still interesting.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Grain of salt with a lot of it, but still interesting.

Yes,....indeed. I was going to do more research on some of the points of interest and locations, to see if any other supports or proofs were available,...the petrified forest especially and Devil's Tower, which does look kinda like a petrified stump. Enjoy!

Zeke

Yes,....indeed. I was going to do more research on some of the points of interest and locations, to see if any other supports or proofs were available,...the petrified forest especially and Devil's Tower, which does look kinda like a petrified stump. Enjoy!

Makes me sad to see all those old Red Woods they cut down, those are national treasures exploited for the greedy few who have no soul.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progress notes.........

Progress notes.........

Greetings cosmonauts and soulpioneers :)

Recent musings -

:idea: - continuing to squash the ECT doctrine, which is self-punishing in its motive in a twisted way here. (also see our volleyball match on 'karma' :) )

:idea: - Reflections on Mother Teresa's dark night of the soul, here

:idea: - Enjoy a trip to 'The Kindgom' with Aussie pop-rock band Icehouse here

:idea: - The 'nuts and bolts' of the 'Jesus-myth' theory, and more ventures into the 'historical Jesus' view here ;) (this thread was started by Lon as a kind of 'spoof' thread, but it eventually turned and bit him as liberals contributed their thoughts and questions on the validity of a 'historical Jesus'. So, before things got too hot, the thread was closed ) :rolleyes: - as I share, whatever concept, image or idea of 'God' you entertain or even worship,....its a matter of inward experience and subjectivity, while the meaning or value of that 'worship' will bear its own fruit, whatever its quality or character. This goes for any personality, whether he or she is assumed to be 'historic' or 'mythical',....to the subconscious its more or less irrelevant. - any interested can check out the thread, and reconsider their own concept of a 'historical' Jesus vs. a mythical one, if a difference even matters :idunno:

Life is an adventure in space and time,......so is subject to creative adaptation, evolution and ongoing transformation.

In-joy!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Gnostic sound bytes......

Gnostic sound bytes......

Enjoy Miguel Connor interviewing Elaine Pagels on Gnosticism, and some other wonderful snippets with other authors afterwards.

Also see the latest videos and commentary on the Gospel of Thomas here.

We would note that Clement of Alexandria regarded a true Gnostic as one having a true knowledge of Christ and the logos, by the Holy Spirit, so he defined one being a Gnostic in his own terms of a believer in the orthodox tradition. Otherwise his and other church fathers criticism was against heretical Gnostic teachers or schools, although Alexandria was most liberal in a philosophical pagan sense to the point of being somewhat eclectic. I myself resonate with the Alexandrian school, philosophically speaking....Clement and Origen being early pioneers. (We note aspects of both these men's teaching were later deemed heretical by later teachers and bishops of a progressively rigid orthodox Catholic organization).

See:

THE SCHOOL OF ALEXANDRIA

AND

THE GNOSTICS

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
sound bytes......

sound bytes......

It still appears that ads block our video uploads in certain posts, at least on the display of mobile devices. Not sure how to modify such.

We continue our wonderful discussion on karma here. The problem with the thread title is that 'Christianity' is not necessarily opposed to the concept of 'karma'.

~*~*~

My dialogue with Jacob on the Shema is still retarded from his side of the discussion which makes for a stalemate. See current page here.

Status
Not open for further replies.