ECT Gifts of the Spirit

Ryan Collins

For what?
Well this is one way to avoid my question, but I would like to readdress my previous answer. The gift of tongues is also for the believer, not just the unbeliever.

For what? Well, tongues edifies the speaker (1 Corinthians 14:4; 1 Corinthians 14:28); tongues are for prayer (1 Corinthians 14:14); Tongues are for praise(1 Corinthians 14:16); and tongues with interpretation are also for the unbeliever (1 Corinthians 14:22) with the result of 1 Corinthians 14:24-25.

Now, when did the gifts of the Spirit cease? Enough sidestepping, guy.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Yes I saw that (I was busy writing my post when all that came up).

The qualifier for that verse is 1 Corinthians 13:10 KJV, we need gifts of the Spirit because we are not yet perfect. Unless Nick can prove that our perfection has come this is not a case for gifts having ceased in our day.

Nick, does 1 Corinthians 13:10 say that gifts have ceased?

Seydlitz77

They save people, and are far more miraculous than something that affects the flesh that carnal people need to see. The discussion is about the powers that Christ, Peter, and the others wielded in early Acts. If I bring a Inland Taipan, you will let it bite you. Then I will give you something to drink, and you will drink it as the Bible says.

Yes or no, right now.

Since we know the answer is no, repent of your disbelief.

Actually my answer is the same as Christ's in that I would quote the principle from Deuteronomy 6:16 KJV (see Matthew 4:7 KJV).

We have to remember that the recorded manifestation of such a sign (receiving no harm from a serpent's bite) was the result of unintentional contact. Paul and the other Apostles never sought out dangerous circumstances to tempt or put God to the test and nor should we.

The fact that you even believe what you propose is a valid test shows that you have a poor understanding of Scripture and Faith.

oatmeal

What were they for, why did the stop? Why do you think they haven't stopped.

Nick,

We have in scriptures the following:

1. Gift of salvation, ie, eternal life. Ephesians 2:8-9 Romans 6:23

2. Gift of righteousness Romans 5:17 Could this be rendered "gift as a result of the righteous act of God"?

# 1 and # 2, are they one and the same?

Acts 11:16-17 Acts 2:38

Are these all different references to the same thing?

I Corinthians 12:8-10 is what you are referring to, is it not?

How does scripture introduce this list?

I Corinthians 12:7 the manifestation of the spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

There are nine items listed in 8-10, why is manifestation singular instead of plural?

Galatians 5:22-23, why is fruit singular instead of plural?

nine fruits, yet they are called fruit. how about one cluster of grapes? one cluster, many grapes.

So, then, is your question, has the manifestation of the spirit ceased?

Has the gift of eternal life ceased?

Are there people in our world that need eternal life?

Are there believers/disciples of the lord Jesus christ who need wisdom? or knowledge? is there anyone out there who could happily be healed, miraculously or not?

I think so, I know so.

Tongues have not ceased. Prophecy has not ceased. Knowledge has not ceased. If it did how would you know it?

When will tongues cease?

When that which is perfect is come. I Corinthians 13:10

What or who is that which is perfect?

When we see the Christ face to face.

I Corinthians 13:12, I John 3:1-3 When we see Jesus christ, then we will be known even as we are known by him and we will not any longer need the manifestations.

andyc

This will be Nick M on his way to heaven.
Dispensationalist books all packed in his bag and ready to go.

6clp853

CD2man

What were they for, why did the stop? Why do you think they haven't stopped.

The Gifts of the Spirit are here to edify the body of Christ, to bring fulness of growth to those assembled and to further bring glory to the power of God. They haven't yet ceased as the Holy Spirit-the one handing out the gifts-is still present in this age. People have lost faith in the miraculous, I believe, due to certain leaders of the Charasmatic and Word of Faith movement not having the character to back up their ministry. Prophecy has not ceased, tongues has not ceased, healings and miracles has not ceased, what has ceased is people's lack of faith and yielding or submitting to the will of the Holy Spirit.

graceandpeace

Nick only has 66 dispensationalist books, all by the same author.

The gifts of the spirit are the same as james 2 last verse...proof that Christ is at work in a believer.

I know you guys dont seem to know that the spirit works...so, we will just leave it for those whom know He does to let 'em work.

Faith without works is dead; because the body without Christ is dead; Christ works...we rest.

One day; you guys will get it figured out.

I would hate to attend a church with a dead Christ.

andyc

The gifts of the spirit are the same as james 2 last verse...proof that Christ is at work in a believer.

I know you guys dont seem to know that the spirit works...so, we will just leave it for those whom know He does to let 'em work.

Faith without works is dead; because the body without Christ is dead; Christ works...we rest.

Are you a charismatic pentecostal?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For what? Well, tongues edifies the speaker (1 Corinthians 14:4; 1 Corinthians 14:28); tongues are for prayer (1 Corinthians 14:14); Tongues are for praise(1 Corinthians 14:16); and tongues with interpretation are also for the unbeliever (1 Corinthians 14:22) with the result of 1 Corinthians 14:24-25.

1 Corinthians 13

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. 23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

Therefore = in conclusion, tongues are not for a believer. They are for what they were in Acts 2, which is witness for the (then )coming earthly kingdom.

If the person understands you, because your tongue is spanish, and he is from Spain, then it edifies you to witness. Tongues is a translator. If you were baptised like Peter by Jesus in the upper room with power from the Holy Spirit, you would not need an interpreter.

That which is complete is the church that is the Body of Christ.

I think Nick believes the gifts of the spirit is only tongues? LOL..or maybe he doesnt yet understand that they are yet ongoing for those whom are in unbelief, (tongues).

Did I say that, or do you just like acting the fool?

The body of Christ needs the gifts to help aid those YET coming into the fold..

Scripture?

Nick doesnt want anyone else to come into the fold, he has already removed all the OT saints, and Peter...among many others

You are quite sad. I am really wondering about you, since you have decided godrulz and you agree. Extra strange is you say you are also inline with Elo, when myself and other Christians claim the opposite of William. You can't even see your sad pride of the recent debates about how Jesus saying to obey the pharisee isn't written to you. Yet you cling to it, and in secret don't do it.

G&P said:
Most of the gifts edify the whole body..as written.

22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers;

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have to remember that the recorded manifestation of such a sign (receiving no harm from a serpent's bite) was the result of unintentional contact. Paul and the other Apostles never sought out dangerous circumstances to tempt or put God to the test and nor should we.

Mark 16:18

18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Oh you full of fraud and deceit, when will you stop perverting the straight ways of the Lord? Let us go to a hospital. There you can prove you are not the wolf in sheep's clothing you are.

Zeke

This will be Nick M on his way to heaven.
Dispensationalist books all packed in his bag and ready to go.

6clp853

That reminds me of the jibberish I have heard in some of these pretender churches, drunk in the spirit from to many suds at deceptions pub, lots of noise but not much bang.

Signs and wonders where are they andy? they were also part of the acts period as well so if the dead be raised, the blind see, the lame walk, and sickness healed, then those should be manifesting today.

I hear peeps about facts from some of the birds here so put your cards on the table, lets see your winning hand, no more pretending allowed.

Your pretty good at making videos so tape some at your Spirit filled Church, there will be lots of unbeliever needing to hear the gospel presented in their own tongue. Call badrulz for backup! do what ever it takes to get these manifestations out to the rest of the world, we all have family that are in need of a healing.

andyc

That reminds me of the jibberish I have heard in some of these pretender churches, drunk in the spirit from to many suds at deceptions pub, lots of noise but not much bang.

Signs and wonders where are they andy? they were also part of the acts period as well so if the dead be raised, the blind see, the lame walk, and sickness healed, then those should be manifesting today.

I hear peeps about facts from some of the birds here so put your cards on the table, lets see your winning hand, no more pretending allowed.

Your pretty good at making videos so tape some at your Spirit filled Church, there will be lots of unbeliever needing to hear the gospel presented in their own tongue. Call badrulz for backup! do what ever it takes to get these manifestations out to the rest of the world, we all have family that are in need of a healing.

See Luke 16:31

Zeke

Nothing like a circus to get the crowds to come thats for sure. The Spirit seals believers, but the outer signs are few and far between. No man today is given the power of the pentecostal apostles to raise the dead, heal the sick, etc...

Plus James was zealous of the law, and a son of hagar in bondage to the wrong covenant.

And if alive today he would live in the show me state.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Actually my answer is the same as Christ's in that I would quote the principle from Deuteronomy 6:16 KJV (see Matthew 4:7 KJV).

The fact that you even believe what you propose is a valid test shows that you have a poor understanding of Scripture and Faith.

Testing God is presumption, not faith. Mark 16 may have textual criticism issues, so we can build a case about these things from other verses, in balance.