Give me biblical support for Christmas.

6days

Mickiel said:
I**have not mentioned rejecting anything concerning the worship of God, but Jesus said that believers can worship him in vain in Matt. 15:9,so according to Jesus, there can be something wrong with setting aside days to worship him.

Hmmmmm..... Mickiel, perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems you are adding your own ideas to scripture....or perhaps adding ideas from some religion.

The scripture you mention says nothing remotely close to your 'interpretation'. In Matt. 15:9 Jesus rebukes the Pharisees the pharisees for insincerity. Or, are you saying my worship of Christ is insincere, and not from my heart?

Mickiel said:
Also, can you explain Just what is the true purpose of Christmas?
I thought I answered this already. For me, my famy, and many Christians, Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus becoming man...acting as my mediator, suffering death at the cross.....and then the resurrection. Those are things we also should worship Him for on a daily basis. Likewise with the Israelites in the OT...They had special days of remembrance and worship.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why not take more opportunities to celebrate the goodness of God? I'm not sure why you would reject opportunity to celebrate and worship our Creator?

Especially since he set aside one day of each week to acknowledge him as Creator.

Mickiel

The reason for the season has His own season for His own reasons...

New Years too is part of satan's attempt to put man on a different schedule than what is in scripture...

Yah's calendar starts in spring and is observational...must wait for the barley to be green...imagine how inefficient that would be for the 666 system of commerce...having to wait for a biological process would be a real Y2K...every year...even Jews distance themselves with their new year in the fall day of shouting...or day of trumpets

The fixed seven day week calendar we have today was to make it practical for government and business. No surprise it was made official by a "Christian" who insisted on Sunday worship and seperating his empire from Passover...later pope Gregory too was part of the deception...

Satan knew to change times and laws was to keep man enslaved to the idols of consumerism...I sense it every time I swipe in on the time clock at work...not ironic it's a Kronos time clock

Very insightful; I agree a lot.

Mickiel

Hmmmmm..... Mickiel, perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems you are adding your own ideas to scripture....or perhaps adding ideas from some religion.

The scripture you mention says nothing remotely close to your 'interpretation'. In Matt. 15:9 Jesus rebukes the Pharisees the pharisees for insincerity. Or, are you saying my worship of Christ is insincere, and not from my heart?

I thought I answered this already. For me, my famy, and many Christians, Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus becoming man...acting as my mediator, suffering death at the cross.....and then the resurrection. Those are things we also should worship Him for on a daily basis. Likewise with the Israelites in the OT...They had special days of remembrance and worship.

And what scriptures claim Jesus should be celebrated by Christmas? Explain to me what scripture sanctions Christmas?

6days

Mickiel said:
*And what scriptures claim Jesus should be celebrated by Christmas? Explain to me what scripture sanctions Christmas?
Aleeady answered.*

It serms you think you need scripture to sanction tying your shoes in the morning? I don't need special verses telling me worship our Creator. Likewise the OT Jews did not need special verses monitering the various celebrations.*

Mickiel

Aleeady answered.*

It serms you think you need scripture to sanction tying your shoes in the morning? I don't need special verses telling me worship our Creator. Likewise the OT Jews did not need special verses monitering the various celebrations.*

Well I understand why you cannot list any scriptures supporting the celebration of Christmas ; because there are not any; its simply unbiblical.

Mickiel

It means Christ mass. No, it's not Christian. Nevertheless, all days belong to us (Ro 14:5) :straight: so it's not a hill to die on.

As a reminder Mickiel is number 8 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the Misc. category. :burnlib:

Well I am a heretic because of two reasons , one ,I am not a Christian-which I guess is a shoe in for the list , and two, I believe God and Jesus has saved everyone, and of course that's a Christian no no; I have no right to believe and hope in that, so I am a heretic. I can live with being on a Christian heretic list.

But in all my biblical studies, because heretics study to, I have never seen any biblical support for Christmas, but I have always seen Christians say they don't need any biblical support for it. I disagree with that , but it is how it is. Certain Christians may not like me questioning such matters, but hey , even a Christian may be questioned. And even a heretic may judge their answers.

Mickiel

Aleeady answered.*

Now I certainly agree with the "Principal" of thinking we need a scripture to support every little tid bid of things; I agree that we should not be overly righteous about needing biblical back up on everything ; but I think a major holiday like Christmas, those of us bible readers who are curious should be able to get a decent answer from a fellow bible reader, without things getting bent out of shape. I mean its not like I asked for biblical proof of Easter, I just said Christmas.

But since it came up, I would not mind seeing the scripture evidence for Easter either ; I would like to see it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No, I am referring the simple holiday called " Christmas"....

define "holiday"

its roots are in the Catholic tradition of celebrating a "holy day" with services, a mass and communion

are you referring to the religious celebration, or the secular nonsense?

iow, which funny guy in a red suit are referring to?

220px-Jonathan_G_Meath_portrays_Santa_Claus.jpg

or

Dola.jpg

Last edited:

Mickiel

Why? Salvation is not God's choice, it's our choice.

I don't believe salvation is a choice, I believe its the will of God and the freely given destiny of humanity. In my understanding, God is not asking humans to decide, he is not asking for our opinions , and he is not letting us form our own future ; in my view this is God's thing, its his doing, its his plan.

We don't have anything to do with the unfolding of his will.

Mickiel

define "holiday"

its roots are in the Catholic tradition of celebrating a "holy day" with services, a mass and communion

are you referring to the religious celebration, or the secular nonsense?

iow, which funny guy in a red suit are referring to?

220px-Jonathan_G_Meath_portrays_Santa_Claus.jpg

or

Dola.jpg

Now that's funny.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe salvation is a choice, I believe its the will of God and the freely given destiny of humanity. In my understanding, God is not asking humans to decide, he is not asking for our opinions , and he is not letting us form our own future ; in my view this is God's thing, its his doing, its his plan.

We don't have anything to do with the unfolding of his will.

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live... (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Choose life ... that implies choice, our choice.

Mickiel

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live... (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Choose life ... that implies choice, our choice.

That scripture is the Palestinian covenant, it is not referring to the salvation of humanity and you are wrong for trying to imply that. It was God's warning to Israel, it was not and is not meant to be a warning or a choice to humanity concerning their salvation.