God's will

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, it was enough to save Noah.

Even Christ's closest disciples didn't understand the cross and Christ dying there...before He died there.
Why would one think that Noah had any knowledge of 'the preaching of the cross'?

Luk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
Luk 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
Luk 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
Luk 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

God's Truth

Stay with me on this, heir.

Please answer that question.

I love a deep debate.

Answer that question and I will have another one for you.

God's Truth

Even Christ's closest disciples didn't understand the cross and Christ dying there...before He died there.
Why would one think that Noah had any knowledge of 'the preaching of the cross'?

Luk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
Luk 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
Luk 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
Luk 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Believe and obey, believe and obey, believe and obey.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Why would you think God can't save by grace through faith instead of by preaching?

God's Truth

You didn't have to do anything, but I had to abide by Hebrews 4:11.

You didn't have to do anything?

You are not blessed as a disciple, as a family member and friend unless you obey.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

Damascusroad

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jamie

You didn't have to do anything, but I had to abide by Hebrews 4:11.

How does that fit? To whom was Hebrews written? When? For what purpose?