Got scared half to death today...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was on the way home from dropping my daughter off at home when a chicken flew up in front of my car from right to left and hit my windshield. It was raining pretty hard. So, not only did I have my wipers on but I didn't see the chickens on the side of the road. Because my wipers were on, my windshield was saved. But, it broke my wiper. I slowed down drastically and drove to the full-service station in town to have them change my wiper out for a new one. The good thing, besides not having to replace the windshield, is that I only had to replace the driver's side wiper blade out for a new one. It only cost me $10.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
glad you didn't have an accident nori - we have turkeys up here and they scare the heck out of me - can't imagine hitting one of them on the wing at 65

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the rain is anything like it has been here, it was probably looking for high ground!

Glad you;re OK and that your windshield didn't need to be replaced.

john w

Hall of Fame
I also "Got scared half to death today.."

I opened one of the kitchen cabinets, where I store my "Mr. Cookie Bars," and there was none left!

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I pulled into the service station and told the attendant what happened, the first thing he told me was, "You need to go to a glass shop." I told him that my windshield wasn't broken my wiper blade was.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of my friends' oldest son hit a turkey going out of their driveway and brought it home to mama to fix for dinner.
glad you didn't have an accident nori - we have turkeys up here and they scare the heck out of me - can't imagine hitting one of them on the wing at 65

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder what road-kill chicken tastes like. :TomO: