Granite on the Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
GuySmiley said:
Well it was a long time ago so you probably don't recall too well. But good, northern, Christian white folk aslo fought and died in a war involving the issue. Northern Christians were the bulk of the abolishionist movement and the underground railroad. Talk about a load of BS you've been fed by anti-Chiristian revisionists, which you at all too happy to swallow.

Then I should clarify, as "liberal" and "unitarian" aren't two words you'd associate with "real" Christianity. These people were involved in abolition but they certainly aren't the kinds of Christians you'd associate with these days.

Doctrinally, you have more in common with Confederates. It's just an odd twist in history.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Man granite, it sure would be nice if you could finally come to the conclusion God does not equal men's words and deeds.
The bible is a book written by men and interpreted by men.....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Says the men who wrote it.....I can write a book and say it's inspried by God.

You would have your work cut out for you. Especially all the names, places and events that are accurate, and the time span...

That's what Smith did with Mormonism.....

joe smith doesn't have the aforementioned :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Says the men who wrote it.....I can write a book and say it's inspried by God.
That's what Smith did with Mormonism.....

Every criticism leveled at the BOM can, incidently, be used against the Bible.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
You would have your work cut out for you. Especially all the names, places and events that are accurate, and the time span...
a determined group of people....

joe smith doesn't have the aforementioned :)
poor poor joey

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Granite said:
Every criticism leveled at the BOM can, incidently, be used against the Bible.

Really? Have they actually found places mentioned in the mormon book? Could you please cite that?

Aimiel

The BoM has been changed. The Bible has not. The BoM contains all lies. The Word of God is Truth. The BoM is used to teach men to worship a god that doesn't exist. The Bible is The Word of The One and Only Living God.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
The BoM has been changed. The Bible has not. The BoM contains all lies. The Word of God is Truth. The BoM is used to teach men to worship a god that doesn't exist. The Bible is The Word of The One and Only Living God.

The Bible's been changed repeatedly. What happened during the development of the canon's akin to making sausage: you don't want to watch it happen.

The Book of Mormon contains truth...at least the stuff cribbed from the KJV.:chuckle:

The Book of Mormon is quite monotheistic and has more in common with your Bible than you know.

Aimiel

Granite said:
The Bible's been changed repeatedly. What happened during the development of the canon's akin to making sausage: you don't want to watch it happen.
No, everything that belongs in It was included, in spite of what you've been led to believe.
Granite said:
The Book of Mormon contains truth...at least the stuff cribbed from the KJV.:chuckle:
Where it copies The Bible it contains truth, but everywhere it strays it is simply in error, which makes the plagarism obvious.
Granite said:
The Book of Mormon is quite monotheistic and has more in common with your Bible than you know.
The Satanists bible speaks of one god, as well, but still doesn't point to The One and Only Living God.

I've read the BoM, and several other false religions' so-called 'holy books.' Because they copy the style or content of The Bible doesn't make them The Word of God. His Word is Truth. All others are thieves and robbers.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
No, everything that belongs in It was included, in spite of what you've been led to believe.Where it copies The Bible it contains truth, but everywhere it strays it is simply in error, which makes the plagarism obvious.The Satanists bible speaks of one god, as well, but still doesn't point to The One and Only Living God.

I've read the BoM, and several other false religions' so-called 'holy books.' Because they copy the style or content of The Bible doesn't make them The Word of God. His Word is Truth. All others are thieves and robbers.

Really. Luther, Calvin, and others would disagree with you. The fact remains that there's no original manuscripts and no provenance whatsoever to the Christian Bible. The BOM has the same exact problem.

GuySmiley

Aimiel said:
No, the BoM has it's own set of problems, being invented by non-Christian liars.
I really hate to bring this back to the original discussion but I was going to make a prediction that this would end up in a debate about moral relativism. I never imagined it would turn into a discussion on the BoM.

Granite

Hall of Fame
GuySmiley said:
I really hate to bring this back to the original discussion but I was going to make a prediction that this would end up in a debate about moral relativism. I never imagined it would turn into a discussion on the BoM.

Same here... :devil:

Aimiel

That's what happens when you don't believe The Bible, you'll swallow anything, and run down every little 'bunny-trail' that comes along, every one of them leading you further and further from Truth.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
No, everything that belongs in It was included, in spite of what you've been led to believe.Where it copies The Bible it contains truth, but everywhere it strays it is simply in error, which makes the plagarism obvious.The Satanists bible speaks of one god, as well, but still doesn't point to The One and Only Living God.

No, everything that belongs in It was included, in spite of what you've been led to believe.
who is to say that nothing was missed? or that something included shouldn't be there?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
who is to say that nothing was missed? or that something included shouldn't be there?
Maybe you should start a new thread about that.

fool

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Really? Have they actually found places mentioned in the mormon book? Could you please cite that?
They found Troy, that must mean the Iliad is true and the greek pantheon really exists!
Really Nin, don't you ever get tired of having that particular foot in your mouth? Do you think I've come down with amnesia since the last time?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
fool said:
They found Troy, that must mean the Iliad is true and the greek pantheon really exists!

Well! That should help the book of mormon. Got anything it actually speaks about?

Really Nin, don't you ever get tired of having that particular foot in your mouth? Do you think I've come down with amnesia since the last time?

The last time you couldn't speak to all the things found factual in the Bible? People, places, events... Even athiest archeologists have said they use the Bible as a treasure map.

Status
Not open for further replies.