Guest-hosting BEL on Open vs. Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightIdea

I'd love to hear what people thought of the show yesterday! I had a great time hosting. Comments, criticisms, rotten fruit? I was very out of practice, as far as just running the show myself, so it wasn't as smooth as I'd like, by a long shot. LOL But I did cover about 95% of what I wanted to get out, so I was glad of that.

Whaddya think? :hammer:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
RightIdea said:
I'd love to hear what people thought of the show yesterday! I had a great time hosting. Comments, criticisms, rotten fruit? I was very out of practice, as far as just running the show myself, so it wasn't as smooth as I'd like, by a long shot. LOL But I did cover about 95% of what I wanted to get out, so I was glad of that.

Whaddya think? :hammer:

I missed roughly the first ten minutes, but I thought you did great. I'll listen to the show when it is posted and catch the first part.

Maybe I'll come back with some comments. :)

:up:

Jeff

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Ok, back from listening... :)

Man I don't have a clue what you are talking about, "not being smooth"... You are WAY too critical of yourself! If you get any smoother and really find your grove, you might make Bob nervous!

All joking aside, I want to put that show to tape and have my dad listen to it. (We debate this stuff all the time) You summed the OV up in an awesome way. Great points all around.

First of all, I love the way you made theology important to everyone. I could not agree more. We are real people with real emotions and opinions, and how in the wide world of sports do we know we love God if we don't know anything about Him? Theology is not some crazy "expert only" club that the masses should avoid. Great analogy with the new wife, btw! That was funny.

The idea of God planning for a person to die before he/she accepted Christ, and for His glory, was hard hitting.

The thought of a father arbitrarily just whacking his kid as he walks through the room was also a great analogy. We instantly recognize that father as wicked. Can we really love a God who would do the same? All I can say is if God is really that way, I hope I'm predestined to love Him, cause otherwise I'll have a really hard time.

You pointed out in a nut shell that the God of the settled view lies to us pretty regularly, and for His glory. I see it that way too. I've used the same phrase many times... "Was God only kidding?" And it was great how you included the idea, "is God just kidding us again, when He says He will punish the wicked and save those who love Him?" That really drives it home.

I also liked how you pointed out that those of us of the non-settled ( you know... Open View :) ) view believe in the immutability of God's "character". Great way to summarize it. We want to prove God is righteous at least as much as the other views, and I think we do a way better job of it.

So, there you go...

Nice job on the show!

Jeff

Last edited:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
RightIdea said:
Ah, thanks bro!

But I think you meant "those of us in the non-settled view!" LOL

DOH!

lol!!!

The fact is copied here in your post for posterity, but Im going to edit it! :doh: :D

RightIdea

No one else listened to the show at all?

Lucky, no comments at all about the show itself?

I was really looking forward to some feedback.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Vaquero45 stole my thunder. His opinion of your show is exactly the same as mine. Good job. :thumb:

RightIdea

Jefferson said:
Vaquero45 stole my thunder. His opinion of your show is exactly the same as mine. Good job. :thumb:
Okay then! LOL

Well shoot, I was hoping for more constructive criticism! :singer:

Or an actual discussion of the issues, which would be even better. Did any non-OVers hear the show? If not, will you check it out and let me know what you think?? Every show has a thread discussing the issues therein, but no one seems to want to talk about the points I raised, except for Vaq. LOL

If the things I brought up weren't very relevant, you can say so! I can take it. :cool:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
RightIdea said:
Okay then! LOL

Well shoot, I was hoping for more constructive criticism! :singer:

Well like I said, you should have said your name at the end. :)

I've heard that radio hosts should say what time it is a lot. I didnt hear you once say what time it was.

Throw in a sports update on the tens?

Maybe try to use a fake Casey Kasem type voice next time. That guy is really smooth.

That's about all I got.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Your points were very relevant. Oh, by the way, I brought you guys up in a conversation at the Indiana State Fair last week. This Christian group had a blatantly Christian evangelical booth. I think that's fine but I told them about GODISNOWHERE and how you guys get a large percentage of nonchristians comming to your booth because they think you espouse their views. They thought that was an interesting tactic but I don't think I convinced them to change their style for next year.

RightIdea

Vaquero45 said:
Well like I said, you should have said your name at the end. :)

I've heard that radio hosts should say what time it is a lot. I didnt hear you once say what time it was.

Throw in a sports update on the tens?

Maybe try to use a fake Casey Kasem type voice next time. That guy is really smooth.

That's about all I got.
You're right, I should have given the time twice I think, about halfway through and at the end, and definitely should have said my name just as often.

I can do a cheese broadcast voice, but I think it would have detracted. LOL Actually, back in my Navy radio days, I was known for my charcter voices. Two fo them, many people thought were actually real. LOL

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
My best advice would be not to take any of my advice. :)

Although character vioces would be cool!

RightIdea

Jefferson said:
Your points were very relevant. Oh, by the way, I brought you guys up in a conversation at the Indiana State Fair last week. This Christian group had a blatantly Christian evangelical booth. I think that's fine but I told them about GODISNOWHERE and how you guys get a large percentage of nonchristians comming to your booth because they think you espouse their views. They thought that was an interesting tactic but I don't think I convinced them to change their style for next year.
Coolness!

Did you point them to our websiste? .org, of course!

RightIdea

Vaquero45 said:
My best advice would be not to take any of my advice. :)

Although character vioces would be cool!
I do a mean Bullwinkle. LOL

A few of my friends on occasion make me read scripture as Bullwinkle. It's .... unique! :shut:

Status
Not open for further replies.