Guest-hosting BEL on Open vs. Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
You know I was kidding with all that "advice" except saying your name right? :)

I've done some more reading on GODISNOWHERE, good stuff there. :up:

RightIdea

Thanks! If you haven't, I'd love for you to read the following articles in particular.

Preaching the Bad News
The Age of Humanity
Peter: the Guy with the Keys
Salvation: Israel vs. the Body

GuySmiley

RightIdea said:
I'd love to hear what people thought of the show yesterday! I had a great time hosting. Comments, criticisms, rotten fruit? I was very out of practice, as far as just running the show myself, so it wasn't as smooth as I'd like, by a long shot. LOL But I did cover about 95% of what I wanted to get out, so I was glad of that.

Whaddya think? :hammer:
I think that bit about being the all-knowing all-seeing maja-rightidea was over the top. You also could've left out the stuff about sitting in front of the golden KGOV microphone and defeating atheists with half your brain tied behind your back.

RightIdea

GuySmiley said:
I think that bit about being the all-knowing all-seeing maja-rightidea was over the top. You also could've left out the stuff about sitting in front of the golden KGOV microphone and defeating atheists with half your brain tied behind your back.
Well, I do practice a policy of brutal honesty... but I will take your recommendations under advisement. :chuckle:

GuySmiley

RightIdea said:
Well, I do practice a policy of brutal honesty... but I will take your recommendations under advisement. :chuckle:
I just listened to the show for real this time. You are very smooth, no problems man! At the end you talk about Calvanists needing to worry about God's promises because how do they know if its not just another lie he told so his plan would unfold. When I was explaining the OV to my wife the first time, she asked how we could trust God not to change his mind again then? If God changes his mind, how do we know we will be saved at the end?

I answered that God is not arbitrary. What would you say?

RightIdea

Well, I would say what I pointed out in the show. Namely that we ALL agree on the immutability of God's character, and that is certainly affirmed in scripture! In fact, most (if not all) of the verses Calvinists use to show God doesn't change...? Are specifically referring to His character -- His justice, righteousness, love, faithfulness....

God never has and never will turn from that. We all affirm His immutability of character. And in fact, His immutable character is exactly why He changes His mind! (See my signature.)

All these prophecies that don't come true as stated? They're a problem for the settled view, because if the settled view is right, then God is repeatedly lying. But it's not a problem for the Open view, becuase the whole reason those prophecies didn't come about as stated is because God's righteousness is immutable!

GuySmiley

RightIdea said:
Well, I would say what I pointed out in the show. Namely that we ALL agree on the immutability of God's character, and that is certainly affirmed in scripture! In fact, most (if not all) of the verses Calvinists use to show God doesn't change...? Are specifically referring to His character -- His justice, righteousness, love, faithfulness....

God never has and never will turn from that. We all affirm His immutability of character. And in fact, His immutable character is exactly why He changes His mind! (See my signature.)

All these prophecies that don't come true as stated? They're a problem for the settled view, because if the settled view is right, then God is repeatedly lying. But it's not a problem for the Open view, becuase the whole reason those prophecies didn't come about as stated is because God's righteousness is immutable!
Cool, that is good! That was my thought also, that God is immutable in his characteristics and we can trust Him! I love your signature too. Thanks

Adam

Hall of Fame
Great job bro. Everytime I hear the spousal analogy, it blows my mind how important it really is to get to know God.

truthman

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are not going to make it but we are hoping to visit Denver Bible Church when we get a chance. My brother has been out a couple of times and wants to relocate in Denver. We will definitely come around from time to time if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.