Has the Church Replaced Israel ?

marke

Another scripture that speaks of the Church that applies to 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Its Eph 1:14 when speaking of the Church comprised of both jew and gentile believers in Ephesus

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Now what is the purchased possession ? Why its the Church, bought with a price, as here Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Now the words purchased possession in Eph 1:14 is the same word for " a peculiar people " in 1 Pet 2:9, now how so that ? Because they're the same exact people !
Of course God has promised to make those that believe His Word a peculiar treasure unto Himself. He did not say He would make those who refused to believe and receive His word a peculiar people.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

beloved57

Mystery Israel !

Rom 11:24-26

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

This Mystery Israel is something men dont know by nature, it must be made known by God. When God declared Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

What was the mystery , it was in the manner of how all Israel shall be saved, for it was the purpose of God to save His Israel by the out calling of His Elect from among both the Jews and Gentiles. . His people Israel are not all Jews and not all Gentiles, but called out from among both Rom 9:24-26

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Paul was explaining how that God was still saving all Israel by the calling of the Gentiles. National Israels Covenant Identity with God is no longer, so jews will be saved during the calling of the gentiles, the nations, since there are no more special nations set apart for God, national israel isnt no more above russia, japan, nigeria, she is now part of the ordinary nations of the world, just as gentile nations. Mystery Israel that God promised to save is none other than the Church, the Body of Christ, which is the Spiritual seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. The promise that Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting Salvation !

Nanja

Mystery Israel !

Rom 11:24-26

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

This Mystery Israel is something men dont know by nature, it must be made known by God. When God declared Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

What was the mystery , it was in the manner of how all Israel shall be saved, for it was the purpose of God to save His Israel by the out calling of His Elect from among both the Jews and Gentiles. . His people Israel are not all Jews and not all Gentiles, but called out from among both Rom 9:24-26

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Paul was explaining how that God was still saving all Israel by the calling of the Gentiles. National Israels Covenant Identity with God is no longer, so jews will be saved during the calling of the gentiles, the nations, since there are no more special nations set apart for God, national israel isnt no more above russia, japan, nigeria, she is now part of the ordinary nations of the world, just as gentile nations. Mystery Israel that God promised to save is none other than the Church, the Body of Christ, which is the Spiritual seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. The promise that Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting Salvation !

Exactly Brother, Believers that belong to Christ were Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world [God's Elect] to obtain an Everlasting Promised Salvation / Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:4-11: The same are also known as the House of Jacob, the Good Olive Tree, whether they be Jew or Gentile, Abraham's Spiritual Seed Gal. 3:29 !

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's Seed [or the House of Jacob] and heirs [God's Elect] according to the promise.

So yes, the Good Olive Tree was comprised exclusively of the Church of Christ, Abraham's Spiritual Seed, a Spiritual Nation consisting of both Elect jew and and Elect Gentile Elect of God Acts 15:14-17.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
@Nanja

Amen Mal 3:6

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The Church the Body of Christ

Israel is not the Body of Christ.

Forcing the Bible to say they are the same leads to heresies such as Calvinism.

DAN P

Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

No, The Church has always been Israel, but not Israel after the flesh, or the physical nation of Israel See within the physical nation of Israel was always a remnant according to the election of Grace, which is also Israel. Now under the Old Covenant Spiritual Israel, the Body of Christ was mostly comprised of saved jewish Christians. They would usually be persecuted by the non christian jews in the nation Matt 5:12

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets[Believers in Crist] which were before you.

Lk 13:34

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

Now under the New Covenant, Body of Christ Israel the election of Grace has been multiplied by saving and grafting in multitudes into Spiritual Israel, which is still the Body of Christ ! So The Body of Christ, Israel according to the Spirit, the Election of Grace is not a replacement, it always has been, its now clarified who they are.

And in Eze 37:!! Our bones are are dried , and our hope is lost / abad , is in the stem qal and the aspect is in the Heb perfect tense .

And we are cut off / gazar is a stem in the Niphal and in the Heb perfect tense .

The question then is when did Israel and Judah become one again ?

Eze 37:16:19 Israel is one stick and that Judah is one stick . so when did they become one stick ?

Verse 21 says that Israel and Judah are still scattered and the Lord will make them one stick ?

And verse 21 say that they are still all scattered , and only God will make them one stick and that has yet to happen .

dan p

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No it isn't. You are a believer in Replacement Theology which is heresy

From gotquestions.org

Replacement theology (also known as supersessionism) essentially teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Adherents of replacement theology believe the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people, and God does not have specific future plans for the nation of Israel. Among the different views of the relationship between the church and Israel are the church has replaced Israel (replacement theology), the church is an expansion of Israel (covenant theology), or the church is completely different and distinct from Israel (dispensationalism/premillennialism).

Replacement theology teaches that the church is the replacement for Israel and that the many promises made to Israel in the Bible are fulfilled in the Christian church, not in Israel. The prophecies in Scripture concerning the blessing and restoration of Israel to the Promised Land are spiritualized or allegorized into promises of God’s blessing for the church. Major problems exist with this view, such as the continuing existence of the Jewish people throughout the centuries and especially with the revival of the modern state of Israel. If Israel has been condemned by God and there is no future for the Jewish nation, how do we explain the supernatural survival of the Jewish people over the past 2,000 years despite the many attempts to destroy them? How do we explain why and how Israel reappeared as a nation in the 20th century after not existing for 1,900 years?

The view that Israel and the church are different is clearly taught in the New Testament. Biblically speaking, the church is distinct from Israel, and the terms church and Israel are never to be confused or used interchangeably. We are taught from Scripture that the church is an entirely new creation that came into being on the day of Pentecost and will continue until it is taken to heaven at the rapture (Ephesians 1:9–11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13–17). The church has no relationship to the curses and blessings for Israel. The covenants, promises, and warnings of the Mosaic Covenant were valid only for Israel. Israel has been temporarily set aside in God’s program during these past 2,000 years of dispersion (see Romans 11).

Contrary to replacement theology, dispensationalism teaches that, after the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13–18), God will restore Israel as the primary focus of His plan. The first event at this time is the tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The world will be judged for rejecting Christ, while Israel is prepared through the trials of the great tribulation for the second coming of the Messiah. Then, when Christ does return to the earth at the end of the tribulation, Israel will be ready to receive Him. The remnant of Israel who survive the tribulation will be saved, and the Lord will establish His kingdom on this earth with Jerusalem as its capital. With Christ reigning as King, Israel will be the leading nation, and representatives from all nations will come to Jerusalem to honor and worship the King—Jesus Christ. The church will return with Christ and will reign with Him for a literal thousand years (Revelation 20:1–5).

Both the Old Testament and the New Testament support a premillennial/dispensational understanding of God’s plan for Israel. The strongest support for premillennialism is found in the clear teaching of Revelation 20:1–7, where it says six times that Christ’s kingdom will last 1,000 years. After the tribulation the Lord will return and establish His kingdom with the nation of Israel, Christ will reign over the whole earth, and Israel will be the leader of the nations. The church will reign with Him for a literal thousand years. The church has not replaced Israel in God’s plan. While God may be focusing His attention primarily on the church in this dispensation of grace, God has not forgotten Israel and will one day restore Israel to His intended role as the nation He has chosen (Romans 11).

beloved57

More on Mystery Israel:

In Romans 11 Paul write of God’s eternal purpose in Christ Jesus Eph 3:11. He states that it has always been God’s eternal purpose to save his elect Israel by calling each of his elect from among Jew and Gentile by Christ our Deliverer. Rom 11: 25-27 is a sort of parenthesis in the midst of his gentle reroof concerning God’s eternal purpose for his elect Israel. He declared that the mystery of God, God’s eternal purpose is to save all his elect from among the Jew and the Gentiles, as foretold by Jesus words Jn 10:16. That Israel shall be saved Isa 45:17 is a Gospel Promise, that included Gentiles Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

And when God has fulfilled his purpose, by calling all his elect of jews and gentiles from the Gentile nations. “And so” and after this manner—"all God’s elect Israel shall be saved.” Rom 11:26

Elect Gentiles are fellowheirs with the Old Test heirs as Per Heb 11:8-10

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Gentiles are Heirs with the Fathers in the Eternal Kingdom of Inheritance Matt 8:8-12

8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

marke

More on Mystery Israel:

In Romans 11 Paul write of God’s eternal purpose in Christ Jesus Eph 3:11. He states that it has always been God’s eternal purpose to save his elect Israel by calling each of his elect from among Jew and Gentile by Christ our Deliverer. Rom 11: 25-27 is a sort of parenthesis in the midst of his gentle reroof concerning God’s eternal purpose for his elect Israel. He declared that the mystery of God, God’s eternal purpose is to save all his elect from among the Jew and the Gentiles, as foretold by Jesus words Jn 10:16. That Israel shall be saved Isa 45:17 is a Gospel Promise, that included Gentiles Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
It has always been God's purpose to save those who repent of sins and turn to Jesus for salvation. Just because God chose Israel of all nations to be His specially chosen people does not mean they will automatically go to heaven by being born Jewish.

beloved57

A Person can be a national jew by blood, a physical descendant of Abraham, and yet spiritually have hagar as their mother, and a believing gentile that belongs to the Body of Christ spiritually has Sarah as their Mother, for Sarah is the Mother of the Church, the Body of Christ Gal 4:22-26

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman[Sarah].

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman[Sarah] was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother[Sarah] of us all.

beloved57

Scripture reveals Two Israel's Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel #1, which are of Israel #2:

Scripture reveals Two Jerusalems Gal 4:25-26

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem #1 which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem #2 which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

marke

Scripture reveals Two Israel's Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel #1, which are of Israel #2:

Scripture reveals Two Jerusalems Gal 4:25-26

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem #1 which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem #2 which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
God has two people that are His children, just as Ishmael and Isaac were fathers of two nations descended from Abraham. The Ishmaelites were children of Abraham and the Jews were children of Abraham. Christians who have been saved by believing God apart from the law are God's children of promise. Unsaved Christians and unsaved Jews are not children of the promise because they do not trust God by faith alone.

beloved57

God has two people that are His children, just as Ishmael and Isaac were fathers of two nations descended from Abraham. The Ishmaelites were children of Abraham and the Jews were children of Abraham. Christians who have been saved by believing God apart from the law are God's children of promise. Unsaved Christians and unsaved Jews are not children of the promise because they do not trust God by faith alone.
You dont become a child of promise by anything you do just like Issac didnt. Before Issac was even thought about by his parents, God had already made him a child of promise, so it is with all the children of promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

marke

You dont become a child of promise by anything you do just like Issac didnt. Before Issac was even thought about by his parents, God had already made him a child of promise, so it is with all the children of promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
We get saved by faith, not by works, but faith is not a work.

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.