ECT Heaven is For Real

Sheila B

Heaven is For Real - the movie

A lady gave me this movie a few days ago and said she got it for Christmas but would not watch it because her pastor said it was unbiblical.

I did not find anything against Christianity in that movie, and enjoyed both the book (more) and the movie,

and wondered what comments others had about it...:think:

oatmeal

A lady gave me this movie a few days ago and said she got it for Christmas but would not watch it because her pastor said it was unbiblical.

I did not find anything against Christianity in that movie, and enjoyed both the book (more) and the movie,

Although heaven is for real, Genesis 1:1, I Thessalonians 4:13-18 makes it plain that no one gets there until Jesus Christ returns to gather us

Cross Reference

So you don't believe I Thessalonians 4:13-18 is true?

or that Psalm 6:5 is true?

Too bad, that is why I keep at it, someone might believe, maybe even you.

Not on your best day. I am beyond your shallow belief system to see where it leads __ and it isn't to God by Jesus Christ. Ergo, it isn't to God.

Sheila B

Although heaven is for real, Genesis 1:1, I Thessalonians 4:13-18 makes it plain that no one gets there until Jesus Christ returns to gather us

There are other verses that prove there are spirits in heaven of the just men made perfect and the first born Hebrews 12:23

The spirit goes to God immediately at death:
absent from the body present with the Lord and
all are alive to Him and
we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
God is not the God of the dead but of the living...etc.

Resurrection of the body will happen at the end of time.

Sheila B

It is entirely possible that of all the dimensions that exist, some souls may very well exist is a "sleep" and others may experience variations of "going home to God" in a manner of speaking.

As the little boy attested, he was outside his body looking down, while he was still alive. There are plenty of actual deaths that take place, then, the heart is revived and these also tell of watching what is going on in this present "dimension", if you will.

Anyway, I do not see any of this as unbiblical or against Christian belief, once all verses and personal testimony is looked at, do you?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Anyone who is motivated to know God by the emotional or the supernatural is a babe and not skilled in the word. We need to encourage others to seek God in His word and not get involved in non biblical emotional and supernatural occurances because satan can duplicate these things and does and it is the evil one's strategy to keep us from being students of scripture. It is ok for an immature christian and an unbeliever to be moved toward Christ by these types of scenes but we are not to remain immature.

Cross Reference

Anyone who is motivated to know God by the emotional or the supernatural is a babe and not skilled in the word. We need to encourage others to seek God in His word and not get involved in non biblical emotional and supernatural occurances because satan can duplicate these things and does and it is the evil one's strategy to keep us from being students of scripture. It is ok for an immature christian and an unbeliever to be moved toward Christ by these types of scenes but we are not to remain immature.

PHOOEE!

If you are in Christ, Satan won't be able to fool you.

Sheila B

Scripture is full of visions and revelations of supernatural dimensions. Isn't it fear based to deny the reality of these?

IMJerusha

It's possible that the pastor was uncomfortable with aspects of the movie that didn't jive with his particular take on Scripture.