Hello Lon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have never claimed I am perfect and mature and sinless Christian. I declared I am still very worldly Christian.

So you bring up those tongue and cheek kind of comment is so laim. I know Jesus teaches not to react to evil people but I am not holy like Jesus.

So your claim is utterly useless and out of context.

You see, you pay attention to me, not Jesus' word.

I have been saying Christians should honor His teachings. And you guys don't honor Him rather, you bash Christians who are trying to be godly like Jesus by saying "you are trying to earn salvation by your work".
All you do is judge others

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never claimed I am perfect and mature and sinless Christian. I declared I am still very worldly Christian.

So you bring up those tongue and cheek kind of comment is so laim. I know Jesus teaches not to react to evil people but I am not holy like Jesus.

So your claim is utterly useless and out of context.

You see, you pay attention to me, not Jesus' word.

I have been saying Christians should honor His teachings. And you guys don't honor Him rather, you bash Christians who are trying to be godly like Jesus by saying "you are trying to earn salvation by your work".

You asked a question and I answered. You then reply with more judgement. I make no claim to be perfect either.

Your dialog is dishonest. We are not getting anywhere. I will part with a few scriptures.

Proverbs 26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Matthew 7:6 - Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1) I am still married Malachi 2:16 Matthew 19:6
2) All my children love the Lord Jesus Christ Matthew 19:14
3) I am not taking money from the military Matthew 6:19-21
4) I have supported 3 children who would have died in poverty and have given my whole paychecks away. Matthew 19:21
5) I have never judged you as a nonChristian, you have toward me and all Trinitarians Matthew 7:1-3
6) I have never bragged about my walk with God. There is nothing to brag about: Jesus saved me. You constantly brag that you a) know Jesus words and 'they are precious' to you, but you don't know them and b) don't do them. I am doing a lot better at Jesus' words than you, yes?
Matthew 6:2

I said this would hurt. I am not able to follow Jesus' words and actions that well, but I'm doing better than you, and probably most. It doesn't matter, if I miss one thing, I'm a dead man, and I have. As John W says, I am just a cleaner rat without Christ. Such hurts me too, but you need to really think about your walk with God, if a despised Trinitarian like myself is doing much better than you. You have broken and continue to break his commands and directives on a daily basis on TOL, even. You need a Savior to save you from your sins. You have many of them and you are living as a hypocrite, as Totten says. You have destroyed your witness for Christ on TOL. I hope this shames you, but I mostly hope that you stop putting trust in yourself and more dearly love the Lord Jesus Christ who is able to save you to the uttermost. Jesus told Nicodemus "You must be born again." Nobody can 'born again' themselves. Only Jesus can born-again you or I. We must call on Him for His salvation. Those who have told you this repeatedly on TOL have been right.

Lon, you don't use Jesus word in your daily life as His follower.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit. You study diligently about Calvinism. Calvin was persecutor of non-trins. Obviously he practiced Pharisee way and you disregard his evil action. Pharisee killed Jesus because He was telling the truth of their evil ways.

You follow Calvin's teachings who did not honor Jesus' teachings.

Now that is hypocrisy. You claim to be Jesus' follower, yet you disregard His word in your life.

You guys hate me because I tell the whole truth about simple Christianity.

It is obvious to me you guys are trying so hard to silence the whole truth what is going on in Christian community.

Reactions: Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You asked a question and I answered. You then reply with more judgement. I make no claim to be perfect either.

Did I say you claim to be perfect? Nope.

Your dialog is dishonest. We are not getting anywhere. I will part with a few scriptures.
Proverbs 26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Matthew 7:6 - Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Your judgement is not accurate.

Your claim is so personal. It is personal attack. My claim is overall practice of churches and approved by many churches.

So again, apples and oranges, dear.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Did I say you claim to be perfect? Nope.

Your judgement is not accurate.

Your claim is so personal. It is personal attack. My claim is overall practice of churches and approved by many churches.

So again, apples and oranges, dear.

Meshak,

Perhaps we can focus on God and take our eyes of of one another. Can we continue to discuss Omnipresence? God being everywhere?

Reactions: Lon

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

You make new thread I may participate.

But I do not debate my convictions or beliefs.

So don't make it just for me.

Mashek,

i would discuss God with you in any way you would desire. i was trying to focus on God. If you do not desire to share, how can anyone have a 2 way discussion with you? You can trample over my convictions to your hearts content, and I'll simply quote scripture, come back swinging and look for a possible error in what I am saying.

Is this a bad thing?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I have confidence in my judgments.

It is not personal.

Okay... I'm being sincere here. I am trying one more time to avoid being difficult towards you. I am passing up the opportunity of a lifetime in not speaking my mind on what you have said here. What is your message in this "Hello Lon" OP?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Mashek,

i would discuss God with you in any way you would desire. i was trying to focus on God. If you do not desire to share, how can anyone have a 2 way discussion with you? You can trample over my convictions to your hearts content, and I'll simply quote scripture, come back swinging and look for a possible error in what I am saying.

Is this a bad thing?

We all read the Bible differently. I have confidence in mine and I know everyone else does too.

That's why I don't quote verses. I use Jesus' wisdom for discernment.

What I see is so many of us misuse or abuse the verses.

It is so disgraceful.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Okay... I'm being sincere here. I am trying one more time to avoid being difficult towards you. I am passing up the opportunity of a lifetime in not speaking my mind on what you have said here. What is your message in this "Hello Lon" OP?

Most churches don't pay much respect or honor Jesus' word or teachings.

Trinity doctrine is their main doctrin and it is not even Jesus' word.

Christians are supposed to be Jesus' followers.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
We all read the Bible differently. I have confidence in mine and I know everyone else does too.

That's why I don't quote verses. I use Jesus' wisdom for discernment.

What I see is so many of us misuse or abuse the verses.

It is so disgraceful.

Forgive me Meshak, or don't. If I am willing to open my spiritual heart in discussion with you, but you feel it's okay to not open yours and "judge" mine while your at it... what is the point in acknowledging anything that comes from your mouth, mind, heart or "spirit"?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lon, if you have something to say to me about what I said in this thread, say it in public, please.

thanks.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Lon, if you have something to say to me about what I said in this thread, say it in public, please.

thanks.

Lon is using tact and he has that right. I have grown to appreciate his modes of communication. Could you please verify with me that you have no intention of sharing your spiritual heart, but merely pointing fingers at mine?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Forgive me Meshak, or don't. If I am willing to open my spiritual heart in discussion with you, but you feel it's okay to not open yours and "judge" mine while your at it... what is the point in acknowledging anything that comes from your mouth, mind, heart or "spirit"?

You have right to your judgment and opinions like everyone else.

peace:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lon is using tact and he has that right. I have grown to appreciate his modes of communication. Could you please verify with me that you have no intention of sharing your spiritual heart, but merely pointing fingers at mine?

have a good day, dear.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
have a good day, dear.

Lon,
Thank you for giving me opportunity to discuss what Jesus says about Christianity.
My first question to you is:
1) what does Jesus say about how to become His disciple or follower?
Thank you again.

John 8:24 and Matthew 16:24 ... Because Romans 5:8

Matthew 7:1f, 2

And one of the most difficult teachings of Jesus that I feel I am now obligated to follow... (Mark 6:11)

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ... I can't believe I'm saying this... This is a loosely guised callout thread. I would like to make peace with [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] and the Calvinists by doing what I have accused them of publicly...

I believe ToL has "rules" about Name dropping, callout threads. If this party of [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] condemnation that didn't turn out exactly like [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] thought it would ... was magically locked because of ToL policy... I would say it's because of ... (Jude 1:12) and it's clear accuracy in the matter of the OP's author.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] ... I know we don't see eye to eye, but ... am I the only one that sees this?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

And one of the most difficult teachings of Jesus that I feel I am now obligated to follow... (Mark 6:11)

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ... I can't believe I'm saying this... This is a loosely guised callout thread. I would like to make peace with [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] and the Calvinists by doing what I have accused them of publicly...

I believe ToL has "rules" about Name dropping, callout threads. If this party of [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] condemnation that didn't turn out exactly like [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] thought it would ... and was magically locked because of ToL policy... I would say it's because of ... (Jude 1:12) and it's clear accuracy in the matter of the OP's author.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] ... I know we don't see eye to eye, but ... am I the only one that sees this?

thanks,

good day.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

@Sherman ... I can't believe I'm saying this... This is a loosely guised callout thread. I would like to make peace with @Lon and the Calvinists by doing what I have accused them of publicly...

I believe ToL has "rules" about Name dropping, callout threads. If this party of @Lon condemnation that didn't turn out exactly like @meshak thought it would ... was magically locked because of ToL policy... I would say it's because of ... (Jude 1:12) and it's clear accuracy in the matter of the OP's author.

@Eagles Wings and @Ask Mr. Religion ... I know we don't see eye to eye, but ... am I the only one that sees this?

Your assessment is accurate. This is a veiled callout and soapbox. This is turned into another soapbox on the 'evils' of belonging to a 'mainstream' church and believing in the trinity. She didn't really want dialog. Lon has been very gracious with her and yet she kept smacking his hands so to speak. With this last post, I am going to lock this thread, unless Lon messages me and desires to add more replies. Then I will reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.