Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

Gary K

Banned
Some additional perspective: "Within hours of the Wuhan lockdown, travel restrictions were also imposed on 15 other cities in Hubei, affecting a total of about 57 million people. On 2 February 2020, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, implemented a seven-day lockdown in which only one person per household was allowed to exit once each two days, and most of the highway exits were closed." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Hubei_lockdowns

Have we done that here? Would you want to?

And you ignore the fact that the Chinese government, aka Communist Party, did absolutely nothing for at least the first month, and there are reports that this started in China as early as the latter half of October to the first week of November 2019. In fact, they did worse than nothing they covered it up and punished anyone who spoke out. So don't point to the Chinese as a model for successfully dealing with any infectious disease.

When we're talking in the thousandths of a percent down to 10ths of a thousandth of a percent down to 100th of a thousandth of a percent we are talking miniscule numbers compared to the total population. More people die from freak accidents than that.

BTW, we have approximately 160 million people in some type of defensive posture here in the US. That's almost half our population. 57 million people in China is less than .04% of their population. It's a miniscule number compared to the size of their population.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
When we're talking in the thousandths of a percent down to 10ths of a thousandth of a percent down to 100th of a thousandth of a percent we are talking miniscule numbers compared to the total population. More people die from freak accidents than that.

You may have missed this, but The Berean lost a cousin to this virus a few days ago.

Gary K

Banned
You may have missed this, but The Berean lost a cousin to this virus a few days ago.

Do you realize how many other people lost brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, etc... to freak accidents last week? I'm not saying, Oh, goody Berean lost his cousin. I'm saying that people die all the time and the rates of infection and deaths from coronavirus are miniscule when compared to the entire population. That's mighty cold comfort to anyone who lost someone close to them, but it happens all the time. It's an every day happening.

People die every day. It's a fact of life here on planet earth, and there are thousands of causes of deaths. The vast majority of our world mock the concepts of sin, salvation, and righteousness on a daily basis, yet it is sin that has caused every death that has ever happened on this planet. So, in reality Berean lost his cousin to the effects of sin as that is the underlying cause of all death.

God's Truth

I can understand the deplorables supporting him like they would any president with an (R) behind their name, but I thought that they were closer to 1/3 of the population rather than 50%.

EUEN-56UMAIuSYr

You guys are blinded by hate and drank the cool aide of the liberal media.

God's Truth

Something for perspective:

China -- Population == 1,437,877,818 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,340
United States -- Population == 331,002,651 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,344

Percentage of population infected with coronavirus,

China == .0056569% That's less than 6 thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0245750% That's less than 25 thousandths of one percent.

Percentage of population that has died.

China == .0002289% That's less than 25 one hundred thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0003912% That is less than 4 ten thousandths of one percent.

I think we just need to start dying of fright with those kinds of numbers.... :nono:

I wonder if the Chinese government is giving accurate numbers of how many infected people?

God's Truth

President Trump says he wants the United States “raring to go” in two and a half weeks, on Easter, with “packed churches all over our country.” -- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-america.html

Trump wants the country to go back into full swing by Easter, which is on April 12th, about 2 1/2 weeks away as of this posting. You might be wondering why Trump would want us to do this if we are in the middle of a pandemic. The answer, I suspect, is below:
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

25% had 1 illness
25% had 2 illnesses
48% had 3 or more illnesses

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says

Trump knows that a good economy would give his reelection campaign a big boost. He also knows that, per Italy's statistics, most of the fatalities from COVID-19 are elderly and infirm. Having weighed these two things on a scale, Trump has apparently come to the conclusion that the lives of the elderly and infirm are worth risking (and losing) in exchange for an economy that is humming along normally and a Dow Index that is on the rise. That's why he wants churches across the country to be full come Easter Sunday. Trump wants us to bulldoze past this coronavirus by spreading it all around on Easter. Whoever gets ill gets ill, and whoever dies dies, but just get that stock market back up as fast as possible. After all, the "greatest generation" took a bullet for us in WWII so they can take another one for us with the coronavirus, am I right Pres. Bone Spurs?

What kind of people would go against Trump on election day because of how many people are working during a pandemic?

I hope there are more smarter people than that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What kind of people would go against Trump on election day because of how many people are working during a pandemic?

I hope there are more smarter people than that.

the Trump-haters will spread any lie, twist any fact or situation to make Trump look bad - absent a strong candidate, their best strategy is to tear down Trump and so anything and everything will be used against him

God's Truth

the Trump-haters will spread any lie, twist any fact or situation to make Trump look bad - absent a strong candidate, their best strategy is to tear down Trump and so anything and everything will be used against him

It is really frightening to think of people like that possibly in power in these times. We know things are going to get worse on earth in the end. Just hope it is a little farther away.

Gary K

Banned
It is really frightening to think of people like that possibly in power in these times. We know things are going to get worse on earth in the end. Just hope it is a little farther away.

I'm not sure what planet you've been living on for the last 3 years. People "like that" are all throughout the deep state in positions of power. The mockingbird media is fully controlled by people "like that". The Democrat party is filled with people "like that". The RINOs are people "like that". The anti-Trumpers are people "like that". The CFR is fully constituted with people "like that". The Federal Reserve is made up of people "like that". The people who trust the mockingbird media are people "like that" for they have been fed a constant onslaught of negative propaganda about Trump.

The only people who aren't "like that" are those who think for themselves rather than uncritically accept everything the media feeds them every day.

God's Truth

[/B]

I'm not sure what planet you've been living on for the last 3 years. People "like that" are all throughout the deep state in positions of power. The mockingbird media is fully controlled by people "like that". The Democrat party is filled with people "like that". The RINOs are people "like that". The anti-Trumpers are people "like that". The CFR is fully constituted with people "like that". The Federal Reserve is made up of people "like that". The people who trust the mockingbird media are people "like that" for they have been fed a constant onslaught of negative propaganda about Trump.

The only people who aren't "like that" are those who think for themselves rather than uncritically accept everything the media feeds them every day.

Obviously, I talk about people like that, and people not like that. What is your problem? What exactly did I say that you disagree with?

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Obviously, I talking about people like that, and people not like that. What is your problem? What exactly did I say that you disagree with?
You said the following:
It is really frightening to think of people like that possibly in power in these times.

And you preceeded that with this: What kind of people would go against Trump on election day because of how many people are working during a pandemic?

The point is that people "like that" have been in power for decades. I've never seen a time during my lifetime in which they have not been in power.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Something for perspective:

China -- Population == 1,437,877,818 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,340
United States -- Population == 331,002,651 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,344

Percentage of population infected with coronavirus,

China == .0056569% That's less than 6 thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0245750% That's less than 25 thousandths of one percent.

Percentage of population that has died.

China == .0002289% That's less than 25 one hundred thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0003912% That is less than 4 ten thousandths of one percent.

I think we just need to start dying of fright with those kinds of numbers.... :nono:
Those figures are based on those who tested positive for CONVID-19 - the problem is that even at this late date testing is being rationed so nobody can make an accurate estimate as to the magnitude of the pandemic!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Those figures are based on those who tested positive for CONVID-19 - the problem is that even at this late date testing is being rationed so nobody can make an accurate estimate as to the magnitude of the pandemic!

Exactly, and I also do not trust China's stats very much. It is known that the Chinese authorities have been lying about this since the outbreak began in Wuhan late last year. They have a vested interest in minimizing the impact of the virus for economic reasons.

God's Truth

You said the following:
It is really frightening to think of people like that possibly in power in these times.

And you preceeded that with this: What kind of people would go against Trump on election day because of how many people are working during a pandemic?

The point is that people "like that" have been in power for decades. I've never seen a time during my lifetime in which they have not been in power.

Oh, thanks for explaining.

Well, times got a lot worse because of terrorism. We had open borders in the south and massive drugs, sex trafficking, and poor coming and people taking jobs, etc. China and other countries getting our jobs, and countries taking us for advantage and not paying. China controlling many important things because they manufacture so much and we don't. Christianity was being removed from our nation. We couldn't even say Merry Christmas anymore. Just look at what is going on with abortion now, people for it want to allow it after the baby is born. That is just to name some things.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Exactly, and I also do not trust China's stats very much. It is known that the Chinese authorities have been lying about this since the outbreak began in Wuhan late last year. They have a vested interest in minimizing the impact of the virus for economic reasons.

We don't need to trust the Chinese but do Americans have anymore reason to trust this President given his record over the past 3 1/2 years?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
do Americans have anymore reason to trust this President given his record over the past 3 1/2 years?

Americans have no reason at all to trust Trump given his recent statements on the coronavirus pandemic:

On Tuesday, which marked a month since a now-infamous tweet in which the President claimed that “the Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” Trump was even more specific. He announced that afternoon, on a Fox News special from the White House lawn, that he wanted to get the country reopened and the church pews “packed” by Easter, on April 12th, at just the time when New York and other states were predicted to face the maximum pressure on their overstretched medical facilities. A few hours later, at the nightly press briefing, he was asked about this seemingly arbitrary timetable by CNN’s Kaitlan Collins.

“Who suggested Easter?” Collins asked. “Who suggested that day?” Trump replied, “I just thought it was a beautiful time. It would be a beautiful time, a beautiful timeline. It’s a great day.” Collins followed up: “So that wasn’t based on any of the data?” “I just think it would be a beautiful timeline,” Trump responded.

This was painfully revealing: the President, under questioning by an independent reporter, was admitting that he wanted to do something with no basis in science. In fact, within minutes, some of the nation’s leading experts on pandemics panned the suggestion as dangerous and ill conceived.

-- https://www.newyorker.com/news/lette...oclock-follies

God's Truth

Americans have no reason at all to trust Trump given his recent statements on the coronavirus pandemic:

On Tuesday, which marked a month since a now-infamous tweet in which the President claimed that “the Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” Trump was even more specific. He announced that afternoon, on a Fox News special from the White House lawn, that he wanted to get the country reopened and the church pews “packed” by Easter, on April 12th, at just the time when New York and other states were predicted to face the maximum pressure on their overstretched medical facilities. A few hours later, at the nightly press briefing, he was asked about this seemingly arbitrary timetable by CNN’s Kaitlan Collins.

“Who suggested Easter?” Collins asked. “Who suggested that day?” Trump replied, “I just thought it was a beautiful time. It would be a beautiful time, a beautiful timeline. It’s a great day.” Collins followed up: “So that wasn’t based on any of the data?” “I just think it would be a beautiful timeline,” Trump responded.

This was painfully revealing: the President, under questioning by an independent reporter, was admitting that he wanted to do something with no basis in science. In fact, within minutes, some of the nation’s leading experts on pandemics panned the suggestion as dangerous and ill conceived.

Trump is asking God and hoping. There is nothing wrong with that. It is good. Your ilk got our toilet paper and paper towels hoarded.

Gary K

Banned

Are you married?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Are you married?

‘Perfectly healthy’ Texas dad with coronavirus dies from COVID-19

The novel coronavirus has claimed the life of a father of six in Texas, according to his family.

Adolph Mendez died on Thursday due to complications related to COVID-19. The New Braunfels resident was 44.

Brenda Johnson, one of the man’s six children, told the newspaper that her father had no underlying conditions and was “perfectly healthy” before falling ill with the novel virus.

Last edited: