Hi all from a bemused Atheist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal_Jordan

DoogieTalons said:
Hi all my name is Rob, Doogie's the nom de plume.

Thought i'd say hi, i'm not here to convert anyone to be a non beliver but I do respect reason.

I never accept what is written in the bible as truth or proof of truth. Just as I don't accept the Harry Potter books as proof of wizards.

I will listen to and reason with reasonable people and look forward to many a debate.

Stay Sharp

Doogie
Hi, Doogie! I have not logged on in quite a long time, but I saw this post and wanted to welcome you.
I have to ask: If you are comfortable in your unbelief, then why do you want people to try and convince you that you are wrong?
Just asking ;)

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Hal_Jordan said:
Hi, Doogie! I have not logged on in quite a long time, but I saw this post and wanted to welcome you.
I have to ask: If you are comfortable in your unbelief, then why do you want people to try and convince you that you are wrong?
Just asking ;)
I am very comfortable in my non belief thanks. I'm not looking for people to try and prove me wrong, just looking for other peoples point's of view even if I do not believe them. I like to hear them and consider them with my world view.

Hal_Jordan

DoogieTalons said:
I am very comfortable in my non belief thanks. I'm not looking for people to try and prove me wrong, just looking for other peoples point's of view even if I do not believe them. I like to hear them and consider them with my world view.
Fair enough.
Welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IncapableAdmin said:
There's no risk involved. Both in the sense that it's a sure thing I won't be "repenting" and in the sense that there's not much to lose or gain by posting or not posting on a forum.
Tell that to LoveMeOrHateMe.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
DoogieTalons said:
:troll:

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
He's calling you a troll now.

I have never met such a bunch of intollerant scared people in my life as the ones that need to start this sort of thing in a WELCOME pad... Buckle up it's gonna be a bumpy ride was my first impression. However there does seem to be some very nice peope on here... funny though how not all christians are bad but all the bad ones are christians. ( More or less )

Layla

DoogieTalons said:

I have never met such a bunch of intollerant scared people in my life as the ones that need to start this sort of thing in a WELCOME pad... Buckle up it's gonna be a bumpy ride was my first impression. However there does seem to be some very nice peope on here... funny though how not all christians are bad but all the bad ones are christians. ( More or less )

No, I got that far, it was the tried already bit that lost me.

Given that I'm here via stipe, I didn't expect much different.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
DoogieTalons said:

:darwinsm:

carolus magnus

Emperor of the Known Universe
LIFETIME MEMBER
:wave: Hi Doogie, although it looks like by the time I was able to say hi you've already gotten yourself banned for name calling and refusing to support your position with facts. Too bad, I was looking forward to mentally stimulating debates.

Knight said:
Ten bucks says you will be the unreasonable party joining the debate.

I think someone owes you ten bucks, Knight.

Layla

Eesh. What was he banned for? Sorry if there's some thread with information on it, somewhere, I'm still getting used to this place. Could someone link me to the posts that caused his banning?

fool

Hall of Fame
IncapableAdmin said:
Eesh. What was he banned for? Sorry if there's some thread with information on it, somewhere, I'm still getting used to this place. Could someone link me to the posts that caused his banning?
The Y in YEC.

Layla

fool said:
The Y in YEC.

Just found/read it, but thanks.

Seems fair to me. He was rude. I understand why he was frustrated, but that doesn't make it reasonable to trash people because of their ideas/beliefs, even if they do, you.

Status
Not open for further replies.