Hitler could have had eternal life

Dan Emanuel

Sheol is indeed the grave.

After the Resurrection all will be forced to return, hope or not.

Daniel:
“And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt” (Dan. 12:2).
Due to the clarity of its language, this passage is troubling to those who are repelled by the consequences suggested.

Yeshua:

"Do not be surprised at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth — those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]" (John 5:28-29).

[/FONT]
Amen!

Daniel

ttruscott

Thats a different topic though, right?
Apart from you're Calvinism...I think we agree.

Daniel

Nope - they hate me as I won't tip toe thru their tulip patch! :) I have the aspects of Calvinism that are actually biblical and not theological speculation and blasphemy but not enough to be called a Calvinist.

Peace, Ted

ttruscott

I believe that by giving man free will, God allows all, even His elect, to commit all sorts of evil if they so desire

Our free will did not survive our becoming enslaved to evil by our first free will decision to go against HIS will. It is not restored until we are reborn in Christ: Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom [of the will] that Christ has set us free [from the addiction of sin]. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Peace, Ted

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By Heir--

As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

You have never been sealed, to be able to say such a thing.

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Luk 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

LA

Dan Emanuel

By Heir--

As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

You have never been sealed, to be able to say such a thing....
False.

Daniel

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I believe that by giving man free will, God allows all, even His elect, to commit all sorts of evil if they so desire

Exactly so, this is what Freewill doctrine teaches, that sin is God's fault. But God did not give man freewill He forbade.

...what part of forbade spells freewill?

heir

TOL Subscriber
By Heir--

You have never been sealed, to be able to say such a thing.

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Luk 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

LA
You and those like you who think there is anything you can DO to gain and/or lose salvation are the ones that profess you know God, but in works deny Him as you've never had a moment in your life when you have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (you're too busy working to save yourself) and consequently have never been saved and sealed.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You and those like you who think there is anything you can DO to gain and/or lose salvation are the ones that profess you know God, but in works deny Him as you've never had a moment in your life when you have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (you're too busy working to save yourself) and consequently have never been saved and sealed.

Lying about my position to excuse your ignorance of Gods word will not help you.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lying about my position to excuse your ignorance of Gods word will not help you.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
VS. those of us in the Body of Christ who are complete in Him and forgiven all trespasses!

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

I don't have to lie about you. You stick your foot in your mouth everytime you open it.

Dan Emanuel

...Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
This mean's its the actual blood of Jesus that we drink when we take communion. This mean's "I don't go to church."

Daniel

Stuu

So say's Heir:
"As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"​
I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel
"I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work."

- Adolf Hitler, Speech to the Reichstag 1936

Isn't it a matter of opinion what 'Fighting for the Lord's work" consists of?

Stuart

oatmeal

So say's Heir:
"As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"​
I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel

Receiving God's gift of salvation is done by meeting two requirements.

They are found in Romans 10:9-10

1. confess with your mouth the lord Jesus

2. believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead

Some people do that much and stop there.

The do not choose to do the second part of I Timothy 2:4 "come to the knowledge of the truth" Knowledge here means precise knowledge that influences the knower.

Having received the gift of eternal life does not guarantee that any individual will do the second part.

There are, in fact, many Christians on this website that do not even know if they have received the gift of eternal life, they do not know if they have eternal life, yet God's word says we can know and we should know. I John 5:13

We can learn how to know that if we want to. We can be taught how to know.

God wants believers to know that they have eternal life

That is part of "coming to the knowledge of the truth" knowledge that effects the knower

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
"I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work."

Called "opportunistic pragmatism."

Stuart
Yes, but only one opinion counts in the end.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Stuart

You should educate yourself on what Hitler actually thought about Christianity and most religion. His confidants have set that table. He used the above like Wallace used the Confederate flag. Except Wallace may have actually believed in the Confederate flag.