Hitler could have had eternal life

Stuu

You should educate yourself on what Hitler actually thought about Christianity and most religion. His confidants have set that table. He used the above like Wallace used the Confederate flag. Except Wallace may have actually believed in the Confederate flag.
How do most christians use christianity?

Whether they are shooting abortion clinic doctors or cleaning the pastor's residence, they believe they are doing the LORD's Work.

I've never met a committed christian who wasn't either self-flagellating for failing to do the LORD's work, or was doing what he or she thought the LORD's work was.

So who is to say what that is?

Stuart

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To better their lives and the lives of those around them, I'd hope. Though use is a funny word to attach. Hitler wasn't a Christian, of course, so like a great many who don't inhabit the context he held them in contempt and used rhetoric to attempt to move them toward his ends, to the extent he could manage it. He was a top tier manipulator.

And Christianity is a proper noun. :e4e:

Stuu

Called "opportunistic pragmatism."
So you know you can only rely on atheists not to be using a religious mythology in this way.

But Hitler filled Mein Kampf with this stuff. It is also a matter of opinion as to whether he was genuine or opportunistic way back when he wrote that very ideological book. His strutting in front of the Reichstag does sound very opportunistic to me, but the earlier stuff about doing the Lord's Work is solid, even if he was mad.

Yes, but only one opinion counts in the end.
And I am very glad not to be forced to be typing in German to you now. But that was the work of the Allied forces, despite all the prayers the opportunistic Catholic church sent to Hitler on his birthdays.

Stuart

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So say's Heir:
"As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"​
I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel

are you saying he could do that
and
be saved without repenting?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You might like to fact-check that.

Stuart
That was my advice to you. I suppose you think Stalin remained Orthodox too. :rolleyes:

"Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."

"So it's not opportune to hurl ourselves now into a struggle with the Churches. A slow death has something comforting about The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science. Religion will have to make more and more concessions. Gradually the myths crumble. All that's left is to prove that in nature there is no frontier between the organic and the inorganic. When understanding of the universe has become widespread, when the majority of men know that the stars are not sources of light but worlds, perhaps inhabited worlds like ours, then the Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity."

"The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity."

Those are all from Hitler.

Stuu

He was baptised and confirmed a Catholic, but I expect the Church didn't claim him after he sent Jewish catholics to the has chambers.
As I understand it they had no choice. It was either accept Hitler's terms or see some kind of dismantling or rearrangement along Nazi lines. Hence the RCC took the convenient route and the nuncio to Berlin would send birthday greetings every year.

RationalWiki has this to say:

Positive Christianity was primarily the brainchild of Adolf Hitler and Nazi ideologue Alfred Rosenberg. Hitler's relationship to Christianity was complex. He was raised Catholic and even thought of becoming a priest at one point (a claim denied by Goebbels), but later came to despise the Roman Catholic Church (though he never officially left it). At the same time, however, he associated atheism with Bolshevism and "Jewish materialism". Rosenberg, meanwhile, was far more overt in his rejection of Christianity, viewing it as a religion of weakness that trapped the Aryan race under original sin (he believed that Germans were "born noble") while declaring all races to be equal before God, and called for a new "religion of the blood" derived from ancient pagan faiths that would elevate the "Nordic soul" as the master race and God's chosen people.

This was in contrast to Hitler, who viewed paganism with disdain and often ridiculed the mysticism of Rosenberg and Himmler. Furthermore, the ideology and rituals of the Nazi party were themselves quasi-religious and, in some senses, a competitor with Christianity. At the very least, Nazism included elements that are incompatible with Christianity as it is usually taught, some of which were derived from other religions. Many leading Nazis, such as Rosenberg and Martin Bormann, viewed Christianity as incompatible with Nazism, owing chiefly to its Jewish influences.

Nevertheless, practical politics made it desirable for Hitler to make his "peace" with Christianity and specifically with the Catholic Church. The primary appeal of the Nazis was to conservative/populist middle and lower middle class Germans and Austrians, who also tended to be observant Christians; for example, over half of the Waffen-SS were Catholics. As a result, Hitler made frequent public affirmations of Christian faith, stating in 1928 that the Nazis "tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian."

Meantime in Ante Pavelic's wartime Croatian puppet Nazi dictatorship, Franciscan monks were forcing conversions at gunpoint.

Then there were the Vatican-sponsored ratlines...

Christopher Hitchens enjoyed challenging his audiences to come up with the number of Nazi leaders who were excommunicated from the RCC. His answer was one: Josef Goebbels, for marrying a protestant.

Stuart

Stuu

That was my advice to you. I suppose you think Stalin remained Orthodox too.
Just goes to show the kind of thinking that must lead you to, and out of, the seminary. Stalin became a zealot for a different kind of corrupt ideology.

"Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."

"So it's not opportune to hurl ourselves now into a struggle with the Churches. A slow death has something comforting about The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science. Religion will have to make more and more concessions. Gradually the myths crumble. All that's left is to prove that in nature there is no frontier between the organic and the inorganic. When understanding of the universe has become widespread, when the majority of men know that the stars are not sources of light but worlds, perhaps inhabited worlds like ours, then the Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity."

"The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity."

Those are all from Hitler.
It's no problem to me if you wish to argue that people who self-identify as christian aren't really christians.

What is a christian, would you say? What definitely is not the Lord's Work?

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Whether they are shooting abortion clinic doctors or cleaning the pastor's residence, they believe they are doing the LORD's Work.

I've never met a committed christian who wasn't either self-flagellating for failing to do the LORD's work, or was doing what he or she thought the LORD's work was.

So who is to say what that is?

Stuart

Certainly not an Atheist!

Ben Masada

What a sad existence you must lead.

Daniel

The opposite is rather true. The difference between you and me is that I refuse to live in your world of illusions and you in my world of reality. Hence, what a sad existence you must lead. Sorry, I forgot to quote your slogan. Illusion must be sweet for those who live by faith.

Stuu

Certainly not an Atheist!
Indeed. No need to equivocate there.

Of course many, many atheists are engaged in working for the wellbeing of their communities, their fellow humans and the planet, often working alongside christians and people of other delusions. No need for 'The Lord's Work' in any of that.

Stuart

rougueone

Rather, a seal: the earnest (guarantee) of my inheritance!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I always enjoy your explicit and well focused use of Gods words.
This particular Scripture in my 20 years of knowing Jesus is so rarely exposed. It has incredible value and is so important regarding Gods promise to HIS people.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,-- the gospel of your salvation( The Gospel that saved, permanent salvation) -----: in whom also after that ye believed, ( Believed )--( Then--ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, ( salvation complete, the work is to come. Yes. But Salvation is guaranteed. Guaranteed with a "SEAL". Gods Seal--irrevocable ) .

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest ( Showing or expressing sincerity or seriousness: ) , of our inheritancee until the redemption of the purchased possession,( Our self, the person, sealed eternally ) , unto the praise of his glory.[/QUOTE]

rougueone

"I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work."

- Adolf Hitler, Speech to the Reichstag 1936

Isn't it a matter of opinion what 'Fighting for the Lord's work" consists of?

Stuart

Many, many times Hitler believed he was doing the work of "God". And every time a assassination failed on Hitler, Hitler felt he was divinely protected.

rougueone

Hitler was a murder and he executed himself. What more would you want to happen to him? Once dead, there is no more pain.

Ben,
Our flesh dies only. We are eternally created. Eternal. Oncne the flesh dies, our eternal life continues. And depending on where a man positioned himself, will depend on whether that man lives eternally in pain or bliss.

rougueone

New! That SOB is in hell since the day he executed himself. Of course, you mean the Christian hell. No he is not. He is in the Jewish hell aka grave with no hope ever to return. (II Sam. 12:23; Isa. 26:14; Job 10:21)

Sorry Ben. There are two places a person goes. Neither is exclusive to any religion or culture. It's either heaven or the Lake of Fire. And it's eternal Ben.

rougueone

Heir professed the power of our Lord over sin and death in a radical way, and it evoke's very strong reaction's to it. In Christian theology, they're is no worse sin that crucifying the Lord of glory, and His death atoned even for this sin! The 1st Christian's were all Peters brethren and you're ancestor's, and when they understood what they had done, and realized the unconditional mercy offered to them, they believed! Peter led [three] thousand of them to faith in a single day.

And as I recommended to Horn, check out what Peter actually teaches us about these difficult question's today. He is a blessing, and a caring, practical genius.

Daniel

Dan,
Why don't you enlighten us to what Peter taught. You seem to know a lot.

Ben Masada

Ben,
Our flesh dies only. We are eternally created. Eternal. Oncne the flesh dies, our eternal life continues. And depending on where a man positioned himself, will depend on whether that man lives eternally in pain or bliss.

Take a look at Gen. 3:22,23. Do you know why Adam & Eve had to leave the Garden of Eden? To prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. The point here is that man was not created to live forever, because eternal, only God is. There is nothing eternal about man. Every thing that has had a beginning must have an end. Only God had no beginning and will have no end. We, humans, once dead will never return. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)