ECT Holy City? What Holy City???

resodko

BANNED
Banned
no, not until the second coming and the new jerusalem

if you're right, what does that mean today?

if jerusalem is currently the holy city, what does that mean for us as Christians?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
no, not until the second coming and the new jerusalem

if you're right, what does that mean today?

if jerusalem is currently the holy city, what does that mean for us as Christians?

Outside of the prediction in Revelations that requires the Dome of the Rock to be torn down and replaced with a temple, not that much in my mind.

It's just where a lot of important things happened in Christian belief, and the same is true of Islam and Judaism. The Crusades were fought over it. Was anything different about it then?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
my belief is that there is now no "holy city" and won't be until the new jerusalem

i believe that jerusalem ceased being "the holy city" with Chrsit's death and resurrection and that the usage in Matthew 27 was an anachronism

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
my question regards the use of "the holy city"

clearly a reference to Jerusalem

is Jerusalem still "the holy city"?

if not, when did it stop being "the holy city"?

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. (Revelation 11:8)

resodko

BANNED
Banned
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. (Revelation 11:8)

"which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt" :freak:

ok, i get the sodom reference

why egypt?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt" :freak:

ok, i get the sodom reference

why egypt?

Jerusalem, it must be admitted, is never so called in the O. T. But New Testament facts made the name appropriate: comparing Acts 2:47; Acts 5:12, &c. with the Epistle to the Galatians, we see how Jerusalem was at first the refuge of the people of God, from which nevertheless they had at last to escape as from a house of bondage.​

-- http://biblehub.com/commentaries/cambridge/revelation/11.htm

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing and nowhere is Holy without the presence of God.

Isa 1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
Isa 1:22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:
Isa 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
Isa 1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Isa 1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.
Isa 1:28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Joe 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
Joe 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

rougueone

I don't think it still is. It stopped being the holy city when God gave up on Israel, which happened by Acts 28. From that point on, it was essentially just another Gentile city and the Jews were no different than everyone who'd been scattered at the tower of Babel.

AD 70 and the destruction of the Temple was just icing on the cake. The cake itself was already baked.

If GOD gave up on Israel then Israel would not be in existence, nor ever a Nation. Nor would the Jewish people exist. And if God gave up on Israel and the Jews then equally the Gentiles.
And if so the battles the Jews have fought since 1948 to which they should of lost would of been a loss.

Especially, The Yom Kippur War, 1973.... — fought between Israel and an Arab coalition led by Egypt and Syria — saw the Arabs break a ceasefire that had lasted since the Six-Day War of 1967 and march into Israeli territory. Tanks were central to the surprise attack, known as the Valley of Tears, which occurred on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in Judaism. The number of Syrian tanks has been estimated at around 1,260, with the Israelis having command of around 100.

Israel is critical in these last days. God created Israel and it is Gods forever. It is a special Nation and people to Holy God.

Where does the feet of Jesus touch when HE returns? The Mount of Olives. To which Jesus also ascended. And when Jesus feet touch the Mt. of Olives what occurs....a great earthquake will result splitting the mount from east to west causing a great gap as one half of the mount moves north and the other south. ...Zech. 14. An earthquake of this magnitude has not been known to of occurred in Israel.

My understanding thus far.

Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven” (Acts 1:11). According to the prophet Zechariah, Jesus will return not only in the same way, but to the same place. In a prophecy related to the end times, Zechariah declares, “On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south” (Zechariah 14:4). The very location where David wept in defeat and where Jesus was betrayed and rejected will be the place where Jesus returns in triumph over all His enemies.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: