Homeschool and social skills

Nimrod

The biggest argument against homeschool, at least from what I hear, is that their child will have bad social skills. They tell me they 'have seen children who are homeschooled and are very posessive'.
2 points I like to make from my own personal experience going through public school.
1.) The kind of social skills I picked up in school, I was better off not learning any social skills from my classmates. Not only that, are you there to learn or talk?
2.) Every case where I raised this question to people, none of them said their child will get a poorer education than the one in public school.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I hear that "homeschooled children don't learn decent social skills," I say, "What? Like shooting someone for their shoes, cussing out the teachers, and making out in the hallways (if not worse)?" That usually shuts most of them up. :chuckle:

the Sibbie

Re: Homeschool and social skills

Originally posted by Nimrod

1.) The kind of social skills I picked up in school, I was better off not learning any social skills from my classmates. Not only that, are you there to learn or talk?
:ha: That's a very good point!

I thought you were going to say, "The kind of social skills I picked up in school, I was better off leaving them at school because if my parents saw me using them at home I'd get a whoopin' for sure!"

[emphasis mine]

servent101

Some schools are not that bad, others are. There are schools cropping up all over the place where the student population is only twenty or thirty - and often they are meeting in a renavated house.

The educators say they are equiping the students to meet tomorrow with the skills they need - actually they are creating a disaster by creating the world in which ethics are not permitted, as they believe without ethics - the children will have a real learning experience.

This is the actual jargon they use.

With Christ's Love

Servent101