Hospital "trying to kill" a Mom They Put Into Coma, Says Cousin

1PeaceMaker

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...tal-wants-to-pull-the-plug-on-woman/#comments

Avila came to Anaheim Regional Medical Center a month ago while pregnant with her eighth child. Her family says the hospital sent her home, and within a day she slipped into a coma due to a a tubal pregnancy.

Now Avila is still on life support, though her family feels she’s making progress.

Avila’s cousins and aunt want to move her to another care facility, and for the Anaheim hospital to pay for it. But they say Avila must show she’s stable without meds for three days, which reaches beyond Friday’s deadline.

“Pretty much they’re trying to kill her to reduce them from having to pay the bill that it would cost to keep her alive,” said Avila’s cousin, Yvette Townsend.

To learn more about her fight to live, go here http://lisaavilachavez.weebly.com/

1PeaceMaker

Hospitals and medical staff can be this incompetent, yet they think they have the right to make life changing decisions for families? She shouldn't be in a coma right now.

1PeaceMaker

Actually, they are going to do it in a half hour.

The hospital told the family in a letter that Avila’s ventilator would be removed no later than 4 p.m. on Friday because she’s been declared brain dead. The definition of brain death is the irreversible loss of all functions of the brain, including the brainstem. According to the National Institute of Health, the three essential findings in brain death are coma, absence of brainstem reflexes, and apnoea.

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/03/20/...f-sevens-life-support-against-familys-wishes/

1PeaceMaker

I have 7 also, and one her baby's age. It must be so hard for the kids...

This is it... either she's delivered by God and her angels or killed by arrogant medical staff.

1PeaceMaker

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

It seems she's still alive!! Praise be to God! I hope they can keep her that way...

Fri Mar 20, 2015 - 4:35 pm EST In February, Lisa Avila had a heart attack, a complication from an ectopic pregnancy. Now, doctors at Anaheim Regional Medical Center (ARMC) say Avila is brain dead, and are trying to withdraw treatment within the next few hours against the wishes of her husband and family.

Avila's husband, Roberto Chavez has accused doctors at ARMC of misdiagnosing and not properly treating her ectopic pregnancy, which led to her heart attack. He is also demanding that they continue treatment to sustain her life, despite the declaration that she is brain dead.

1PeaceMaker

Is saying, "we can't see that anything is wrong," a misdiagnosis?

I dunno but it seems to me....

Considering that they did an ultrasound, they misdiagnosed her as being fit to discharge, didn't they?

They could have easily seen that blood was pooling on such a scan.

1PeaceMaker

They mocked the husband when he said he'd take her to another ER, telling him they would be invisible because the ER databases are tied together.

They tried to get help from the ER three times. She couldn't even walk so a nurse had to put her in a wheelchair to throw her out!!

1PeaceMaker

More encouraging news!!!

“I think it should be our decision, not their decision,” Avila’s daughter Cynthia Holguin said. “We need more time for my mom. They don’t know — when they see my mom move, they don’t think anything of it. Oh, she’s moving. They don’t see the things we see.”

The family has filed a lawsuit alleging that Avila was misdiagnosed and not properly treated for a tubal pregnancy and that the staff is to blame for her comatose condition.

“I’m only 16,” says Justine Holguin, “I shouldn’t be thinking about ‘Oh, they’re going to kill my mom. They’re going to take out the thing and her not being able to breathe.’ I shouldn’t be thinking that.”

Avila’s husband has pleaded with the hospital for more time to move his wife to a long-term care facility. Gile reports they told him he has until noon Tuesday.

Gile asked the hospital for a comment, and it said its statement remains the same from one it made Wednesday: its thoughts and prayers are with Lisa Avila’s family and due to privacy reasons, it can’t disclose much more.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...rom-hospital-decision-to-remove-life-support/

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I made sure to my family that if I ever get into comma, do not try to prolong my life and waiting for me to wake up. I understand it is super expensive to prolong life this way.

When I get into comma, I take it as it is my time to go. I am always ready for my time to go.

just my two cents.