Theology Club: HOW ARE WE SAVED TODAY ?

DAN P

Hi , and this was a thread on the other sub-form !!

One made the comment , love your neighour , so in other words , he presented no scripture !!

In Acts 2 , how were Jews saved ? As all Jews had a Covenant relationship with God and were not Alienated from God .

Many believe in infant Baptism as the road to salvation !!

Many are counting on a Catechism and Confirmation , along with Wafers and Wine !!

Many say that they spoken in Tongues , so they are saved , Like my mother did , but Admitted to me that speaking in tongues is of the Flesh !!

Many are counting on their , being Water Baptism , like those Acts 2 , believers and very Foolish !!

So , what happens when people hear the Gospel of the Grace of God ??

Rom 10:9 , reads , " That IF you should Confess with you mouth ( the ) Lord Jesus , and should believe in your HEART , that God raised Him from ( the ) dead , you will be saved !!

How simple is that , as it is not Water , Wafers and Wine , or Tongues , but BELIEF in your Heart >

Notice how important the HEART is !!

Rom 1:21 , the Heart can be Darkened !!

Rom 2:5 , the Heart can be Hardened and Impenitent !!

Rom 9:2 , it can become Sorrowful !!

1 Cor 14:25 , the Heart has many Secrets and who can know it !!

I submit to all that the Heart has to be Opened as they hear the Gospel of Grace to be Saved !!

The first example of this is found in Acts 16:14 , it says that " WHOM the Lord had OPENED the HEART , to the give ATTENTION to the things being SPOKEN by PAUL and not Peter !!

Then Eph 2:8 kicks in as God GIVES the GIFT of FAITH as Grace in verse 8 , is in the PASSIVE VOICE ( IT IS ) the GIFT of God !!

In Rom 10:10 , it reads " For with the HEART he believes to Righteoueness and with ( the ) mouth he CONFESSES to SALVATION !!

Both , " man believeth and Confession is made " is in the Present Tense , Passive Voice , an Indicative Mood of FACT !!

The Present Tense , speaks to Continuous Results when Confession is Made and so then means OSAS !!

I guess that means that Water Baptism , Tongues , Confessional with Priests and WORKS have no place in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

The Heart speaks to our thoughts , passions , desires and appetites !!

Salvation is by Grace and Grace began with the Apostle of Grace in Acts 9:6 !!

dan p

glorydaz

One made the comment , love your neighour , so in other words , he presented no scripture !!

In Acts 2 , how were Jews saved ? As all Jews had a Covenant relationship with God and were not Alienated from God .

Many are counting on a Catechism and Confirmation , along with Wafers and Wine !!

Many say that they spoken in Tongues , so they are saved , Like my mother did , but Admitted to me that speaking in tongues is of the Flesh !!

Many are counting on their , being Water Baptism , like those Acts 2 , believers and very Foolish !!

Rom 10:9 , reads , " That IF you should Confess with you mouth ( the ) Lord Jesus , and should believe in your HEART , that God raised Him from ( the ) dead , you will be saved !!

How simple is that , as it is not Water , Wafers and Wine , or Tongues , but BELIEF in your Heart >

I submit to all that the Heart has to be Opened as they hear the Gospel of Grace to be Saved !!

The first example of this is found in Acts 16:14 , it says that " WHOM the Lord had OPENED the HEART , to the give ATTENTION to the things being SPOKEN by PAUL and not Peter !!

Then Eph 2:8 kicks in as God GIVES the GIFT of FAITH as Grace in verse 8 , is in the PASSIVE VOICE ( IT IS ) the GIFT of God !!

In Rom 10:10 , it reads " For with the HEART he believes to Righteoueness and with ( the ) mouth he CONFESSES to SALVATION !!

Both , " man believeth and Confession is made " is in the Present Tense , Passive Voice , an Indicative Mood of FACT !!

The Present Tense , speaks to Continuous Results when Confession is Made and so then means OSAS !!

I guess that means that Water Baptism , Tongues , Confessional with Priests and WORKS have no place in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

dan p

Sounds right to me. I would only add this concerning the heart. A contrite heart is ripe for the opening.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Isaiah 57:15
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isaiah 66:2
For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

DAN P

Sounds right to me. I would only add this concerning the heart. A contrite heart is ripe for the opening.

Hi , and like Jer 17:9 says , The heart is Deceitful above all things , and Desperately Wicked , who can know it .

God looketh on the Heart , 1 Sam 16:7 !!

Then some have a double Heart , in Psa 12:2 !! Like a double minded man in James 1:8 !!

Psa 73:13 , in VAIN , have I cleansed my HEART !!

This shows that NOTHING can Cleanse a Heart , today , but the Blood of Christ and there is nothing that MAN can do , like the RCC or any other group !!

dan p

rcetc

Knowledge plus wisdom equals understanding a principle of Proverbs. Without knowledge there is no salvation (Romans 1.) Without God's wisdom there is no understanding of spiritual truth (1 Cor. 2:11-14) and if we do not understand the gospel, then we will not exercise our faith in that knowledge. So what am I saying? We must have some knowledge of God before we can put faith in him, and we must have God's wisdom to understand that knowledge. Perhaps the best way I can explain this concept is to quote a summary of this concept from my book.

The Scriptures are clear that Salvation of Mankind is of the Lord (Psalms 3:8; Genesis 49:18; Acts 4:12). Another way to say this is that it is God who must give us the wisdom to understand his salvation message, so we can choose by faith to act on that message (Job 32:8). In the end, it is God who must step into our lives through LOVE and mercy and give us the gift of his wisdom, that we may exercise our faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is what the Scriptures call GRACE. Thus, in the end, salvation comes to us by the grace of God alone (Ephesians 2:8).

So, by God providing us wisdom, applied to the knowledge of
the Gospel, we then come to a true understanding of God’s message,
allowing us to exercise a willful act of repentance towards God and faith in the work of Jesus Christ (Acts 20:18-21).
(Page 114)

This quote is a summary statement of a discussion that has been going on for over 100 pages, so remember there is not only context to what we read in the Scriptures there is also context to my statements made here.

As a side note: I am a biblicist and do not hold to any one theological system of belief.

Bradley D

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

DAN P

rcetc; As a side note: I am a biblical and do not hold to any one theological system of belief.[/QUOTE said:
Hi , and in time you we be Labeled , whether you say you do not hold to any bibical or theological belief .

So , you are sitting on the fence ?

Read 1 Cor 2:14 , and then tell where you received that knowledge , since the Natural man believes that the bible is Foolishness !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi , and like Jer 17:9 says , The heart is Deceitful above all things , and Desperately Wicked , who can know it .

God looketh on the Heart , 1 Sam 16:7 !!

Then some have a double Heart , in Psa 12:2 !! Like a double minded man in James 1:8 !!

Psa 73:13 , in VAIN , have I cleansed my HEART !!

This shows that NOTHING can Cleanse a Heart , today , but the Blood of Christ and there is nothing that MAN can do , like the RCC or any other group !!

dan p

Cleansing....true, but the Lord certainly does prepare our hearts to receive Him. He draws us to the light...to our need for our God by the very circumstances of our lives.

glorydaz

Knowledge plus wisdom equals understanding a principle of Proverbs. Without knowledge there is no salvation (Romans 1.) Without God's wisdom there is no understanding of spiritual truth (1 Cor. 2:11-14) and if we do not understand the gospel, then we will not exercise our faith in that knowledge. So what am I saying? We must have some knowledge of God before we can put faith in him, and we must have God's wisdom to understand that knowledge. Perhaps the best way I can explain this concept is to quote a summary of this concept from my book.

(Page 114)

This quote is a summary statement of a discussion that has been going on for over 100 pages, so remember there is not only context to what we read in the Scriptures there is also context to my statements made here.

As a side note: I am a biblicist and do not hold to any one theological system of belief.

I agree with you completely. It's by the preaching of the Gospel that men may believe. One man plants, and others water, but it's the Lord who gives the increase. 1 Corinthians 3:7

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

DAN P

I agree with you completely. It's by the preaching of the Gospel that men may believe. One man plants, and others water, but it's the Lord who gives the increase. 1 Corinthians 3:7

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Hi , and we see that we can preach , Plant and Water , but it is God who does the Saving !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi , and we see that we can preach , Plant and Water , but it is God who does the Saving !!

dan p

Absolutely, He is the only Saviour.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

DAN P

Absolutely, He is the only Saviour.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Hi , and this is why Acts 2 believers and the RCC are wrong and Paul is right on .

Anyone can preach for 20 years at revival meeting and no one will be saved , until God saves them and not until then !!

Anyone that is saved today , become part of the Body of Christ and in heaven are NEITHER Jews or Gentiles , Gal 3:28 and this is why Acts 2 is wrong !!

Here is a good example , in Acts 2:47 , " Praising God and having favor with all the people . And the Lord ADDED to the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY daily such as should be Saved ."

The Greek word ADDED/PROSTITEMI is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and this means that what was going on in early Acts only was CONTINUOUS ACTION in Past time in early Acts and then STOPPED .

The reason it stopped , was because Grace would soon being with SAUL .

dan p

rcetc

Hi , and in time you we be Labeled , whether you say you do not hold to any bibical or theological belief .

So , you are sitting on the fence ?

Read 1 Cor 2:14 , and then tell where you received that knowledge , since the Natural man believes that the bible is Foolishness !!

dan p
The term is: Bib•li•cist (ˈbɪb lə sɪst) meaning:

n.
1. a person who interprets the Bible literally or strictly.
2. a biblical scholar.

To hold to a theological system would require an agreement with the teachings and conclusions of the system you hold to. Which would include any inconsistencies that are part of that system. I use the inductive method of Bible study using an orthodox excepted hermetical principles to come to my theological conclusions. Sitting on the Fence. Hardly! If you picked up my book and read it, I believe you would come to a different perspective.

Respectfully

oatmeal

dan p

Romans 10:9-10

oatmeal

glorydaz

Hi , and this is why Acts 2 believers and the RCC are wrong and Paul is right on .

Anyone can preach for 20 years at revival meeting and no one will be saved , until God saves them and not until then !!

Anyone that is saved today , become part of the Body of Christ and in heaven are NEITHER Jews or Gentiles , Gal 3:28 and this is why Acts 2 is wrong !!

Here is a good example , in Acts 2:47 , " Praising God and having favor with all the people . And the Lord ADDED to the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY daily such as should be Saved ."

The Greek word ADDED/PROSTITEMI is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and this means that what was going on in early Acts only was CONTINUOUS ACTION in Past time in early Acts and then STOPPED .

The reason it stopped , was because Grace would soon being with SAUL .

dan p

I'm not sure what you mean by an Acts 2 believer, but there certainly was a fuller revelation given to Paul.

DAN P

I'm not sure what you mean by an Acts 2 believer, but there certainly was a fuller revelation given to Paul.

Hi and there many positions as to when the Body of Christ began !!

#1 , Some say the Body of Christ began in the Garden with Adam and Eve , which are called Covenant or Reformed Theologians !!

#2 , Then you have Acts 2 people , who say the Body of Christ began at Acts 2 , with Pentecost , on a Jewish Festival !!

#3 , The there are those in the Acts period who begin it with Paul , Acts 9 ; Acts 11 ; Acts 13 ; and Acts 28 er's !!

I am Acts 9:6 , a Pauline Dispensationalist !!

dan p

StanJ53

In Acts 2 , how were Jews saved ? As all Jews had a Covenant relationship with God and were not Alienated from God.

Not so. Rom 3:23 (NIV)

and they would be wrong. Mark 16:16 (NIV)

It can be and is conceded by most on TOL, that the RCC does NOT save.

The Bible definitely does NOT show that speaking in tongues bring salvation. In fact it clearly shows speaking in tongues FOLLOWS salvation, and requires the baptism/infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Many are counting on their , being Water Baptism , like those Acts 2 , believers and very Foolish !![/quote

This comes POST salvation and is NOT required to be saved.

Very simple, accept the truth of Jesus and believe it and BE saved.

Yes, and the heart can love and do good things. Matthew 7:11
The heart can know of the reality of God. Rom 1:21 (NIV)
The heart can also be foolish and lack understanding of God. Psalm 14:1 (NIV)

Yes but also notice it said... "Lydia...a worshipper of God." God made real to her the reality of the Good News of Jesus Christ, who Paul was teaching about. She wasn't a Jew, so obviously not only Jews believed in God.

Now this can be taken as breakdown of the salvation process that is a single process, or it can be looked at at two necessary parts to one achievement, salvation. I tend to look at it as one process, inextricably bound to both grace and faith. In either view, belief is required in order to be saved, and that comes from OUR heart and OUR will.

In Rom 10:10 , it reads " For with the HEART he believes to Righteousness and with ( the ) mouth he CONFESSES to SALVATION !!

and are you advocating that mute people can NOT be saved then?

How exactly did you get here? This confession is a one time event. Rom 10:10 (NIV)
It is NOT a continuous event. 1 John 1:9 (NIV) shows what we do post salvation. Confessing or agreeing who Jesus is, in order to be saved, as in Romans 10, is one thing and confessing/agreeing what is sin in our life after that, is our daily way of life. Notice what 1 John 1:10 (NIV) says and as well what other scriptures say about residing in the vine as in Rom 11:20-21 (NIV)
This clearly shows that OSAS is NOT a fact of salvation. Heb 6:4-6 (NIV) is another that OSAS is not a reality.

I deduce you are wrong given how I exegete scripture. Grace is for a certain purpose identified in scripture. It doesn't give free reign to ignore everything else God wants to and does do in our lives.

I'm afraid you have to make a better effort at presenting your Calvinist views if you really want people to accept and believe they are Biblically correct.

DAN P

Not so. Rom 3:23 (NIV)

want people to accept and believe they are Biblically correct.

Hi , and in Eph 2:12 , we see that Gentiles were strangers from the Covenants of Promise .

Gentiles had no Covenant with God at all , as it it all by Grace !!

dan p

DAN P

StanJ53; The Bible definitely does NOT show that speaking in tongues bring salvation. In fact it clearly shows speaking in tongues FOLLOWS salvation said:
Hi , and in 1 Cor 13:8 and 11 , Tongues are CHILDISH things , so much for Tongues , as Tongues were for Israel !!

dan p