ECT How many roads to heaven do MADist teach are in scripture?

dodge

Jerry Shugart;5003052]I am just going by what He actually said, the the narrow way leads to life (Mt.7:14).

And you failed tp answer my question. Do you deny that the "good news" spoken in this verse leads to life?:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

of course those who believe that gospel receive life and are saved when they believe it. i asked you you really think that is the same "good news" in the following passage which leads to life?:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"
(1 Cor.15:1-4).​

To this you answered:

YOU really do think what you think others think is what you think they think !

You are totally blind since you cannot even recognize that the "good news" that declares that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

Can you provide a quote where I said I thought they were different ?

I know they are the same do you ?

Seems to me that is what I have always said so why and to what point did you change it ?
You were totally serious when you said that our intellect plays no part in understanding what the Scriptures reveal and now we all can see the result of that!

Do you have any clue how many brilliant folks are going to end up in hell. Salvation has NOTHING to do with intellect otherwise hell would not have so many intellectually brilliant smart folks heading there. Have you been to any college campuses lately ?

Placing your faith in God has NOTHING to do with your intellect and everything to do with surrendering what YOU believe you know and humbling yourself before God and admitting you have sinned against Him.

Does this sound familiar "God resist the "proud" and gives grace to the "humble" ?

You keep depending on your intellect and I will keep depending on Jesus and His finished work.

Jerry Shugart

YOU really do think what you think others think is what you think they think !

By your own admission when it comes to understanding what is written in the Scriptures you don't think at all.

Can you provide a quote where I said I thought they were different ?

On post #17 on this thread I asked you:

Do you really think that is the same "good news" in the following passage which leads to life?:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"

To that question you answered "Yes."

I know they are the same do you ?

Once again you prove that stupid cannot be fixed. Anyone in their right mind knows that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is NOT the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

dodge

Jerry Shugart;5003081]By your own admission when it comes to understanding what is written in the Scriptures you don't think at all.

On post #17 on this thread I asked you:

Do you really think that is the same "good news" in the following passage which leads to life?:

To that question you answered "Yes."

Once again you prove that stupid cannot be fixed. Anyone in their right mind knows that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is NOT the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

It appears to be that you are too stupid or spiritually dead to understand that if
"Jesus is the Christ the Son of God" would have not been true "IF" The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins" was not true.

You really have no understanding of scripture. Jerryology is destroying you.

YOU ARE A LIAR: Post 17 is below.

dodge

Jerry Shugart;5002883]Yes, the narrow gate leads to life.

Do you deny that the "good news" spoken in this verse leads to life?:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).

Jerry, It would have been the same had Jesus said IN Him or OUT of Him as far as wide and narrow go so in that we agree.[/COLOR][/B]

It appears to be that you are too stupid or spiritually dead to understand that if
"Jesus is the Christ the Son of God" would have not been true "IF" The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins" was not true.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).
Yes, and because one is either in Jesus (narrow road ) or out of Jesus ( wide road).

The same as Jesus saying He is the door because He is the only way to salvation.

Now back on ignore where you belong !

DAN P

dodge;50 WRONG the OT recorded those events before Paul was born.[/QUOTE said:
Hi and they say that Jesus spoke more of HELL than Heaven !!

There are a lot of different names for HELL , like HADES , TARTAUS , SHEOL , GEHENNA and it good that you have recognize that Matthew MARK and Luke are part of the OT !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Jesus taught that there were only "2" roads in this life the "wide" road that leads to hell , and the "narrow" road that leads to heaven.

If you divide the gospel into "2" gospels wouldn't that mean that there would then be "3" roads you know the wide road to hell and one narrow road for the Jews and one narrow road for the gentiles ?

Please post the scripture references that describes and explains the third road.

Thanks.

One road. Jesus is the Way, the only Way.

Jerry Shugart

You really have no understanding of scripture. Jerryology is destroying you.

YOU ARE A LIAR: Post 17 is below.

The Apostles knew that the Lord Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God (Mt.16:16) at a time when they didn't even know that He was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

All you prove is the fact that you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

DAN P

dan, do you believe Jesus lied when HE taught that there are "2" roads one is "narrow" and leads to eternal life and one is "wide" leading to eternal death ?

Hi and Matt 7:13 is true for Israel !!

dan p

DAN P

Jesus taught that there were only "2" roads in this life the "wide" road that leads to hell , and the "narrow" road that leads to heaven.

If you divide the gospel into "2" gospels wouldn't that mean that there would then be "3" roads you know the wide road to hell and one narrow road for the Jews and one narrow road for the gentiles ?

Please post the scripture references that describes and explains the third road.

Thanks.

Hi and IF you are going to quote the word , the STRAIT GATE leadeth to LIFE , and does not say " UNTO HEAVEN " as you wrote , you should correct your ERROR !!

We have LIFE because we ARE / ESTE "IN CHRIST " Gal 3:28 and no need for a STRAIT GATE for the Body of Christ !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and Matt 7:13 is true for Israel !!

dan p

Hello ! dan, do you even understand that YOU just called Jesus a liar ?

Jesus said there are TWO and I will stay with and believe what Jesus taught.

I suggest strongly that you learn to believe, honor, trust, and follow Jesus !

dodge

Hi and IF you are going to quote the word , the STRAIT GATE leadeth to LIFE , and does not say " UNTO HEAVEN " as you wrote , you should correct your ERROR !!

We have LIFE because we ARE / ESTE "IN CHRIST " Gal 3:28 and no need for a STRAIT GATE for the Body of Christ !!

dan p

If you have life in Christ Jesus I believe you will be in heaven..

Things that are the same remain the same, and are the same.

Jesus said He is the only door yet you follow Paul ! I see hypocrisy !

DAN P

If you have life in Christ Jesus I believe you will be in heaven..

Things that are the same remain the same, and are the same.

Jesus said He is the only door yet you follow Paul ! I see hypocrisy !

Hi and where is the HYPOCRISY in Rom 10:9 ??

Is this serious enough for you to explain ??

dan p

dodge

Hi and where is the HYPOCRISY in Rom 10:9 ??

Is this serious enough for you to explain ??

dan p

dan, all scripture "IN CONTEXT" is serious !

There is no hypocrisy in scripture the hypocrisy comes when some claim to follow Jesus when they don't.

Romans 10:9King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I see no where in that verse that anyone needs to confess the Apostle Paul for salvation do you ?

Peter preached the same message in 2 Timothy 3 according to Paul.

Confess with your mouth Say aloud before others that you believe , trust, and depend ( faith ) in Jesus' finished work at Calvary as payment for your sins.

and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead...not feigned ( faked ) that you believe it to be true in the inner most depths of your heart that God raised Jesus from the grave i.e. restored the life to and in Jesus who was physically dead.

You will be saved and become a part of God's family as an adopted son of God through Jesus D.B.R.-ascension , and soon return for His bride the church.

DAN P

dan, all scripture "IN CONTEXT" is serious !

There is no hypocrisy in scripture the hypocrisy comes when some claim to follow Jesus when they don't.

Romans 10:9King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I see no where in that verse that anyone needs to confess the Apostle Paul for salvation do you ?

Peter preached the same message in 2 Timothy 3 according to Paul.

Confess with your mouth Say aloud before others that you believe , trust, and depend ( faith ) in Jesus' finished work at Calvary as payment for your sins.

and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead...not feigned ( faked ) that you believe it to be true in the inner most depths of your heart that God raised Jesus from the grave i.e. restored the life to and in Jesus who was physically dead.

You will be saved and become a part of God;s family as an adopted son of God through Jesus D.B.R.-ascension , and soon return for His bride the church.

Hi and you have read many of my OP and here is what Rom 10:9 means !!

#1 Frist , Paul by Context is writing to the B O C , period !!

#2 , The first verb THOU SHALL CONFESS happens only in the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God and the AORIST TENSE says so !!

#2 The 4 verb is THOU SHALL BE SAVED is in the FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE AND IN THE INDICATIVE MOOD !!

#3 Why the FUTURE TENSE because people have been being saved for over 2000 years !!

#4, The PASSIVE VOICE , JUST MEANS THAT God is doing the saving and not man !!

#5 , The INDICATIVE MOOD means Rom 10:9 is a FACT !!

#6 But Rom 10:9 is controlled by the SUBJUCTIVE MOOD and this means and express things that could happen , pointing to the people being saved and these 2 verbs are , THAT IF THOU SHALL CONFESS and SHALL BELIEVE !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and you have read many of my OP and here is what Rom 10:9 means !!

#1 Frist , Paul by Context is writing to the B O C , period !!

#2 , The first verb THOU SHALL CONFESS happens only in the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God and the AORIST TENSE says so !!

#2 The 4 verb is THOU SHALL BE SAVED is in the FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE AND IN THE INDICATIVE MOOD !!

#3 Why the FUTURE TENSE because people have been being saved for over 2000 years !!

#4, The PASSIVE VOICE , JUST MEANS THAT God is doing the saving and not man !!

#5 , The INDICATIVE MOOD means Rom 10:9 is a FACT !!

#6 But Rom 10:9 is controlled by the SUBJUCTIVE MOOD and this means and express things that could happen , pointing to the people being saved and these 2 verbs are , THAT IF THOU SHALL CONFESS and SHALL BELIEVE !!

dan p

dan, Peter preached the same as Paul. As Paul taught all the Apostles received the truth of the gospel from the Holy Spirit.

“3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation
3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.

Danoh

Hello ! dan, do you even understand that YOU just called Jesus a liar ?

Jesus said there are TWO and I will stay with and believe what Jesus taught.

I suggest strongly that you learn to believe, honor, trust, and follow Jesus !

Be sure you follow Matthew 23:1,2.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the narrow gate leads to life.

Do you deny that the "good news" spoken in this verse leads to life?:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).​

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up; that whosoever believeth may in him have eternal life.”
??John? ?3:14-15? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/jhn.3.14-15.asv

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DAN P

dan, Peter preached the same as Paul. As Paul taught all the Apostles received the truth of the gospel from the Holy Spirit.

“3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

1. The D.B.R.
2. Salvation
3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.

Hi and you CLAIM but CLAIM is denied , as they are not the same as Rom 10:9 and we are already revealed as being "in Christ " !!

Israel has YET to be REVEALED , and that happens after the Great Tribulation !!

So , when did Peter say he was going to be REVEALED ?

dan p