How to tell if you're a Marxist

Arthur Brain

The Clown should be spending his time teaching his Brit friends how to speak English. Then he'd be doing something that is actually constructive for a change. But, alas, he prefers to strut his stuff in his platform shoes and pretend he's more clever than everyone else. Just a waste of space....

Who would that be exactly? People who know about the word "whinge" etc?

Ironic on several levels. It's hilarious how TH winds some of you lot up...

:D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
At least now, I don't have to read any of his nonsense. A few days ago he PMed me
Rather, you PM'd me and I responded. Since you're lending the wrong impression, here was that first PM with my answer:

Grosnick Marowbe said:
Thanks for your disingenuous compliment on my thread entitled; "DELETION FOR MORAL REASONS."
Well, we can't all be as sincere as you...except I suppose we can be, given what you just wrote.

I hope you're not so naive to believe I'm not aware of what you were 'truly saying/doing?'
I'm never really sure, but as an optimist I generally hold out hope.

I'll give you that much credit anyway.
That's the spirit. :thumb:

Hopefully, you'll give me credit for discerning your brand of sarcasm.
Supra. I remain cheerfully optimistic.

Perhaps you really don't have me pegged?
I mostly take people for what they offer. You're uneven. There's the pretense (?) of being unaware of the consistent contradictions in the shtick you've created. But every time I think that has to be it you'll do an oddly petty tap dance that makes me wonder if it's shtick or not...or part of the shtick that feeds into itself...or how lodged that shtick might be and where. :think: Life.

Ordinarily I wouldn't PM you, however, I haven't communicated with you in awhile.
I thought you had me on ignore. Or was that a leap year thing? :idunno:

I was surprised by your unusually negative post.
I can't say I was particularly surprised by yours, or this, though I keep hoping to be. Again, life.

That's too bad.
Is it? :think:

and I reciprocated and actually complimented him.
No. You wrote me, I answered and you responded to that. Why you feel the need to alter the truth of that will just have to go on the list of your alterations. But if you want I'd be happy for Sherman to take a look and settle the conflict. The time/dates are hard to miss.

I never reach out to people who aren't friends, but I usually respond to anyone who writes to me.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: I remember being on the other end of MANY of those conversations when I was a newbie. :plain:
A lot of that didn't survive the cullings and moves around here. I'm trying to remember the name of the poster...he was here for a while, but it's been some time since I saw him, but he was always trying to argue the moral relativist's side and even called me an apologist for the Christian right around here. I'm not sure if he was on the friends list or not. I think he talked more with anna than he did with me. Ring any bells?

He'd probably find this pretty funny.

At any rate, the thing about GM that I honestly don't like is found in his willingness to cast that sort of aspersion. It moves beyond shtick and into an area that should embarrass a Christian, but too often doesn't among some on the hard right. No idea why. Something missing in some of them. They get confused when it comes to distinguishing between what is and what they want or need for a thing or a person to be. Peculiar.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's the one! Thanks. :chuckle: I miss having him around. He could disagree with you and still shake your hand at the end of it.

He's the only person here who's ever overwhelmed my ability to answer a post - he had so many facets to it that I didn't know where to begin and he totally shut me down. :chuckle:

And the bell rings. :eek:

It had to be said, you know. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I will no longer be communicating with you. I placed Danoh on 'Permanent ignore' about two years ago. He was the ONLY poster I've ever placed on ignore and never again looked at anything he had to say.
So you're saying that you usually don't mean it.

I ask you not to PM me, as well.
I've literally never PM'd you except in response. So that's like asking someone who's never set a fire to refrain from using matches.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He's the only person here who's ever overwhelmed my ability to answer a post - he had so many facets to it that I didn't know where to begin and he totally shut me down. :chuckle:
It's great to have characters like that in a forum.

It had to be said, you know. :)
Anyone goofy enough to think they can't be bested deserves the trouncing they've probably had without realizing it. :thumb:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's great to have characters like that in a forum.

I miss him. He had a kind heart.

Anyone goofy enough to think they can't be bested deserves the trouncing they've probably had without realizing it. :thumb:

That's true enough, I've watched it done here many times (not by me, it was too razor sharp), and chuckled because the targets never knew what hit them while they thought they were doing so much winning. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

I miss him. He had a kind heart.

That's true enough, I've watched it done here many times (not by me, it was too razor sharp), and chuckled because the targets never knew what hit them while they thought they were doing so much winning. :chuckle:

Zoo22 was a prime exponent of the latter. A subtle, facetious wit that sailed over so many heads...

:)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zoo!!!!

I'll never forget that Eeset whoopee cushion he made back when everyone was dog-piling Eeset for her behavior towards Angel4Truth.
I laughed so hard that it embedded a permanent memory in me!!!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's a shame. I spent a few years here taking on every anti-theist that came around. You should ask fool about the profession. I actually had a thread on the point and he and I spoke about it for a few years, on and off.

People who care about you know you're a professed Christian.

People who don't care about you also know - and they find malicious pleasure in putting you in the position of having to prove it over and over.

I don't know about you, but when I think someone wants me to jump through hoops, I won't give them that satisfaction. You don't owe them anything.

I know you know that, but I just wanted to put it out there anyway. :)

Some people, their faith shows in their behavior.

Then there are those who just love to talk about their faith day and night while their behavior puts the lie to everything they profess.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How liberal of you to assume the Clown is telling the truth.
How you of you to decide she's assuming. :D

The elites are always so clean compared to the deplorables. :chuckle:
You know what's funnier than someone labeling another person an elitist, with the commiserate inferential sense of smug superiority attached?

Nothing. Nothing is funnier than that. :nono: